Please expedite 1.02a

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh... hate to break it to you, but I doubt that a patch will be distributed in time for your upcoming PBEM. The next, and most likely last patch to CMBB will be 1.03 and probably not a '1.02a' to address just the 'hull down issue'. BTS/BFC will be checking for any other problems that have been reported here (and others that will doubtlessly be reported later on this forum as a 'game killing bug'). So the idea is to address several issues that can be fixed or 'tweaked' with the next patch rather than just one. Remember... BTS/BFC have said that the next patch should be the last one and CMBB will be considered a 'finished product' after that.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

...The next, and most likely last patch to CMBB will be 1.03 and probably not a '1.02a'.. Remember... BTS/BFC have said that the next patch should be the last one and CMBB will be considered a 'finished product' after that.

Unless I missed something I understood 1.02 to be the final patch and they would now be working on engine II. BFC are keen not to get suckd into perpetual patches as they did for CMBO which delayed CMBB.

Originally posted by CavalryMan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

...The next, and most likely last patch to CMBB will be 1.03 and probably not a '1.02a'.. Remember... BTS/BFC have said that the next patch should be the last one and CMBB will be considered a 'finished product' after that.

Unless I missed something I understood 1.02 to be the final patch and they would now be working on engine II. BFC are keen not to get suckd into perpetual patches as they did for CMBO which delayed CMBB. </font>

plus, there is the issue of 1.02 PBEM being able to be played with 1.01
That's an option. I forgot what 1.02 brought to the table. Tanks shooting into hills was fixed, a few bmps, and I forgot what else.

Seriously, I think the unkillable AT Gun thing is a serious issue that BTS should look into.

I agree with the poster who started this thread. The "unhittable" bug is a gamestopper.

I also agree that the version control thing is *extremely* serious. (If this exists - I have not tested for it.)

(And I'm sick of being auto-ceasefired for no good reason!)

BTS has a very good track record with responding to customer feedback, so I'm sure they will do something soon.

BTW, I am considering going back to 1.01 as the bug that was in there did not seem to be as serious as the new one....

[ March 07, 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: UberFunBunny ]

I think they're going to release the 1.03 in the near future, since it was said that they need to fix the incorrect data regarding a romanian mortar and the late IS-2 variant (armor & MG).

I'm also currently trying to contact some friends of mine, just because it seems there are a couple things in the Italian OOB that need to be fixed. I hope to be in time for this (supposedly) final patch.

Amedeo

P.S. I was wondering since the exciting days of the demo... why there aren't 45mm canister rounds? Be warned, this is your last occasion to include them :D

As stated above:

I believe they did not plan to make a patch unless a serious bug was found.
Correct. 1.02 was the last PLANNED patch. We always said that if something bad was either introduced into 1.02 or found shortly after we would patch. It would appear that this will be the case. However, Charles has been away for the last couple of days and therefore hasn't looked into the latest bug reports.

Chances are the unhittable unit thing is a bug and of course will be fixed. But we will not rush out a patch to fix it. Patches are a real pain in the arse to make and release, distracting us from other work for at least one week. Therefore, we can not and will not simply toss out a new patch until it has been propperly tested. We are also not going to go fixing other things unless they are serious bug issues. Improvements are not going to happen.

If there are some TO&E errors, they can probably be fixed easily enough.

Thanks,

Steve

[ March 09, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]

Will any new vehicle models be included in 1.03 or just bug fixes?
As stated before and above, no models just critical fixes only. In terms of bug fixes, only those which are important enough to screw around with fixing. We need to free ourselves up so that we can make new games instead of continually fartting around with the old ones. Don't ge me wrong, we would like to fix/add every reasonable thing people have suggested, but this simply isn't possible to do.

Steve

[ March 08, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]

thanks for the update smile.gif

is the version control issue something that you consider worthy of time and attention, I mean will players using the new v1.03 still be able to play vs. those using v1.01 or v1.02? As you might guess I think this is a fairly significant issue.

Thanks for all the HARD work and posting to keep us up to date smile.gif

we are all sorry to distract you from the "The Next Big Thing". (OK at least I am sorry)

-tom w

Tom,

is the version control issue something that you consider worthy of time and attention, I mean will players using the new v1.03 still be able to play vs. those using v1.01 or v1.02? As you might guess I think this is a fairly significant issue.
I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. Of course people have to be using the same version. That is the way CMBO and CMBB thus far have been and need to continue being. It is not safe to have different versions playing against each other in CM or any other game for that matter.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Tom,

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />is the version control issue something that you consider worthy of time and attention, I mean will players using the new v1.03 still be able to play vs. those using v1.01 or v1.02? As you might guess I think this is a fairly significant issue.

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. Of course people have to be using the same version. That is the way CMBO and CMBB thus far have been and need to continue being. It is not safe to have different versions playing against each other in CM or any other game for that matter.

Steve </font>

I second what JonS said. Interesting related glitch (i.e. "tiny bug") is that the different versions can report different scores to the players (e.g. 50-50 for one player with 1.01, 49-51 for the player with 1.02)! I presume this is due to the point values of some units (I believe e.g. T-34 variants) being just a bit different in the 1.01 and 1.02 because of the changes in unit stats (armor slope, at least).

Br,

Jukka-Pekka

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Chances are the unhittable unit thing is a bug and of course will be fixed. But we will not rush out a patch to fix it. Patches are a real pain in the arse to make and release, distracting us from other work for at least one week. Therefore, we can not and will not simply toss out a new patch until it has been propperly tested. We are also not going to go fixing other things unless they are serious bug issues. Improvements are not going to happen.

If there are some TO&E errors, they can probably be fixed easily enough.

Thanks,

Steve

Not sure if this is easly fixed but the 1.02 version in combination with ATI Catalyst 3.1 drivers and FSAA makes all the text in the interface unreadable (and Alt Tabing doesn't make it go away).

Probably a driver problem but I upgraded to Cat 3.1 and CMBB 1.02 at the same time so I can't be shure which upgrade introduced this problem.

Anyway game stoping bugs are far more important than this and the game can be played without FSAA but maybe you can find an easy fix for this problem.

[ March 09, 2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]