My WW MikeyD Grau PzIII-J Mods

Never mind I just found them. They look nice, I just don't play to many winter scenario's. I don't think you should feel like you have to erase them. Just because you put them up doesn't mean it's going to sell like hot cakes. Variety is always a good thing. I'm willing to bet that 90% of the stuff on cmmods hardly ever gets DL'ed but thats not saying that it all sucks.

Originally posted by DEY:

I was just looking at the downloads of these mods, and I'm somewhat shocked at the pathetic download count. :confused:

Are these mods really that bad, I may as well delete the damn things. :rolleyes:

Don't be discouraged man, people just don't play winter battles nearly as much as normal weather battles. I just dled them and took a look myself, the quality is sure as hell not the reason for so little dls. You did a very nice job with the WW look and I love the dirty ness of them as well. ;)

Normally I, as I'm sure others do, only dl mods that are currently needed in a battle. So I hunt down mods for things I notice like the obvious stock graphics(plain looking) or in this case, a tank that hasn't been WW.

Dey,

Hard to figure. Maybe they liked your earlier mods of the Pz III J's well enough not to look at your later ones. I like both personally. Please don't delete anything.

Also, I'm not sure I trust the count numbers.

The other day I downloaded one of my mods to give it a face lift, and it showed 0 (Zero, Zip) previous downloads. I know that can't be right because I had downloaded before, so it should have shown at least one previous download.

DavidI

Well what I was really thinking was that maybe something was wrong with them, that I may of been able to fix.

Though as David stated there is quirky stuff that goes on over there sometimes with the download count.

Likely a lot of code got broke when Todd moved over to MoneyShaft's Winblo's.

Though I feel if something isn't being all that well received, then maybe it should be killed and dragged out to the backend of the place and buried in the woods.

I know that something very likely like that, is going to happen with those whitewashed French tanks and that yellow flaktrack pack.

I might try to see if I can do something, along the lines of fixes to those current versions.

I just don't feel up to doing anymore new modding, not in the near future anyway.

At the moment, I got the scenario making itch.

What you need to do is ADVERTISE!

I swear i haven't picked up half of your stuff because I don't notice when it gets posted and soon they're halfway down the list.

Oh, also - you might want to remind people that DEY mods are listed by designer under 'Daffy', something I almost forgot, myself! ;)

DEY_MD_PZ3J-SHRT_EARLY.jpg

Originally posted by DEY:

Though I feel if something isn't being all that well received, then maybe it should be killed and dragged out to the backend of the place and buried in the woods.

And I feel that is a great disservice to many future players. Take my case... I strayed from the path for a long while. Only semi-recently have I come back to the fold and I have been busy trying to catch up and finish collecting all the needed whitewashing and dirtying and camo'ing for my game. Had this been in the future, after you decided to kill files, I'd be out some PZ IIIJ's whitewashing still! Assuming the counters are correct, there were some who liked them enough to get them. What if we wipe our HD's and need them again? Are we destined to lose all our PZ IIIJ's in the snow because our TCP/IP buddies can't help but notice them?!?!? And there may be more new players and modsluts in the future, who would be doomed to the same fate! While you sit there and gloat over your well hidden snowbank tucked PZ IIIJ's laughing at us!! It's just not right. Or somefink.

I have lost count of the number of your mods which I've downloaded particularly the WW ones. I am especially grateful that you produced recently all those ww gelb stugs/stuh42s which had been up 'till then somewhat ignored by modding folks. Whenever you want to return to the drawing board is fine by me. Your stuff is great!

Cheers

I've got them all, as I have most if not all mods. Many time's I thought I was the first one downloading a mod, according to the 0. Just to find the 0 was still there after my download.

I've seen the same when the mod was already downloaded a couple of times.

Just keep up the good work. I've just spend the whole weekend switching mods in CMBB to have a different look on the battlefront again. Whatever you make, it will be used at my computer many time's.

Cheers,

Originally posted by patboy:

I don't understand the count number at cmmods.com, for my last uploaded CMBO mod "PATCMBONEWFACES", the count number noticed 52 downloads few days ago and now only 44 downloads !

Anyone can explain this oddity?

Gift Returns. They happen after every holiday.

I noticed now that a lot of my older mods have had the download counts all reset.

So there is something mega screwed in that regard, though I do recall before, that almost every time I updated a mod the count would reset to a lower number.

One has to wonder whether running that bloody windows 2003 has a little to do with things this time.

Just a quick notice to anyone interested, I did a slight rework of that camo'ed PzIV-J, made from MikeyD's artwork.

I tried to darken it down a little so it doesn't appear quite so bright, especially in certain daylight conditions such as rainy weather.

I also added a couple of side hull skirt options. Now you have a full skirt, or just the hanger minus any plates, or minus a few plates.

Hope the mod is useful.

Later,

Dwayne