THE ULTIMATE CM GEEK TOY!!!

OK you fellas here is what's Tamiya has up its sleeve for all of us CM Geeks United:

Tamiya is proud to release Battle System-a revolution in tank-to-tank fighting. This system incorporates infrared light and realistic sound, eliminating the difficulty in judging, often found with other tank-to-tank games. Furthermore, infrared light is totally harmless and prevents damage to details of the tank body. The system is comprised of the GFS (Gun Fire Simulator) Unit and the Infrared LED Unit, for the respective detection and emission of infrared beams. A wide range of sound effects and actions are reproduced with Battle System including: damage blast, engine trouble sound, loss of speed, blast reaction, limited operation state, and finally inoperative state. Battle System provides a maximum shooting range of 30m and can be easily installed to your tank even after assembly and painting. Battle System lets you bring out the true roar of your 1/16 RC Tank!

top.jpg

Here is a close up.

battle_system.jpg

Battle System provides a maximum shooting distance of 30m, allowing for spacious tank-to-tank battling in a variety of settings.

When enemy is within 5m of your tank, blasting him at any angle will cause damage.

When the enemy is outside the 5m radius, only hits made at right angles to the tank (front, sides, or rear) will be effective. Battle System stays true to laws of real tank combat, where hits received diagonally harmlessly defect off the thick armor plating. Tamiya brings you the heart-pounding thrill of real tank combat with Battle System.

The penetration chart everyone was expecting.

illust.gif

Interviewed about it Mensch said: "WAAOWWWW"

And then he sent me a proof that the german weren't producing AFVs but actually breeding them.

tiger5.jpg

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 01-14-2001).]

Does it give you a penetration report – y'know, "Side turret penetration, internal armour flaking"? Is LOS reduced when the tank is buttoned? Can you shoot at sound contacts??

------------------

1) My troops ran out of the building as it was being damaged and got slaughtered! I'm angry!

2) Hey! My troops stayed in the building as it got damaged and got slaughtered! I'm angry! – Mr. Clark

Not to mention the lack of proper SMG and hand grenades carried by the bailed out crews.

Well, all things considered I shouldn't have posted that thread, Tamiya sucks.

biggrin.gif

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

Would'nt it be cool to be able to play a game on computer and have your mini tanks and vehicles move at the command of the computer program?

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bakker@home:

Cute little thingies, don't tell me you have to assemble them yourselves ? (he i'm lazy !)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some assembly is required. Actually, much assembly is required. I used to have their r/c King Tiger. I had to build the tracks from seperate links by inserting several billion (it seems) metal pins. It made for a sore thumb. It ran pretty well though, even had a working torsion bar suspension.

They used to have a Sherman and a Leopard II in the same series. Also some sort of modern German flak tank. I don't know if they are still available. The kits were fairly expensive and required quite a few hours to assemble. Radio's were not included.

This new Tiger kit seems to blow away the old kits from what I've read about it. The sound module goes boom and the gun and tank recoil when the 88 is 'fired'. There are some .avi's on their site.

The size difference in the photo is due to the different scales of the two kits shown. The smaller is 1/35th scale, the larger is 1/16th.

Tamiya has an excellant selection of armored vehicles in 1/35th scale. Their url (oddly enough) is www.tamiya.com.

Great stuff.

Tamiya also had a 1/16 scale King Tiger available recently, but without the sort of functionality now available with this.

However, Something like this would cost $500 Australian and thus I cant afford it, so if you guys could do a whip around and collect some money for the "Buy Macey a 1/16 Tiger 1E (no make that two, I know someone else who'd like one)" charity, I'd be much appreciated. wink.gif

Mace

------------------

If their culture is to be judged by the general standard of education and the arts among the population, once again it must be said that Australia has little or none. Indeed, there is a terrifying crudity in the manners and pursuits of the masses

John Pringle, Australian Accent

Damn! It seems they dont take online orders (or I can't see an option that lets you order online).

Now I have to go to my local store and see if they have that beautiful Tiger 1E. However, this local store isnt so very local. To save me a trip across town without a car of my own, can anyone say how much this beast goes for? I s'pose I'd need a R/C Radio as well...any other components?

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

This is a link to the kit (I believe it is the same one, though if you are going to buy it I'd confirm the part number somehow)

www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=TM36201

It sells for about $260 US bare. The radio will be $200-$300. The battle turret is an accessory, I don't know the cost, but guess is $100. The battery will probably be extra, and the sound module may be an option as well. Then don't forget about glue, paint, x-acto knives, filler, and the divorce. Figure on about $1000.00 for the whole mess. (not including the divorce part.)

Of course to fight, you have to buy two.

[This message has been edited by CaSCa (edited 01-14-2001).]

Yep, I saw that toy in Hong Kong RC shops too. But well since there is no Sherman to shoot at I think I am saving money for a PC upgrad or the Tiger CDROM.

Worse, they don't have any CMBO-grade terrain to play on. But I am sure a online game with it would be cool.

Anybody working on skin-mod on this? wink.gif

Yes, Tamiya site does not have any e-commerce features -- this s**ks!

BTW, I have got a number of Gundam models to build.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"