Ive won so many games Im getting bored

Ive been playing Cm for well over 1 yr now. Ive lost 3 games.. 1 vs Jarmo (1st eva game ... very bad luck) 1 vs Pete (defense on old patch really hard to win) 1 to wreak cant say I was out played but just didnt go well. Never lost a single game as allies. Ive never been out played. Are CM players all talk or have I just played the lower end of the stick? I read all these intelligent comments about game-play yet Ive yet to see ot incorperated into actuall gameplay.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ach, I've been waiting for such an announcement. :D Not to say that I can beat you, but I've wanted to face a real master of the game. I haven't played many games, but I also haven't lost a game myself so far (got some unsettled at the moment, though).

So if you're up for the challenge drop me a line. If you prefer Allies I can play the Germans. I'd love to pick forces on the defence, but I love random settings even more.

My record is 3 loses, 1 draw, 52 wins. All 3 loses are threw bad luck... (luck plays quite a role in these small 1500 point battles). Ive yet to see a player any where near my skill level. NEVER have I been out played. Yeah Yeah... Im an arogant son of a bitch... true... but Im a damn good player.

[ 04-20-2001: Message edited by: KiwiJoe ]

The battles I've lost so far where not because of my fault:

Logistical problems, mechanical breakdowns, overwhelming enemy superiority :rolleyes: when I was attacking, bad ground conditions, high echelon leadership confusion ( aka **** happens factor ), devine intervention, etc.

I would rather bite my tongue off before I publically admit that lost battles were the result of my personal errors - and this does make me the perfect General. I'm sure that you, Kiwi Joe, will find your master soon and rediscover the enjoyment of the game when some of the truly evil gamers out there

tramples on your shattered remnants of self conciousness and then tie your corpse on his victory chariot and drags it through the muddy grounds of defeat.

We should discuss the terms of a small Ilias ranging about 1500 pts combined arms ;)

(ooc) where is my beloved spellchecker?

[ 04-20-2001: Message edited by: Schugger ]

Hi Kiwijoe

I would very much like to play a game against you. I prefer attack/defend battles around 1500 point, you can play Allies if you want to. I like to play historical and I am not a big fan of "the system". I rely on good tactics to accomplish my objectives.

Let me know if you are interested.

Best regards,

Heinz

Them's fightin words! How about a real test Allied Defence (you), Axis assault (me). Grossly unfair but if you are as fantastic as you say, it should be no problem. Or if you want a real dance we can do an allied attack(you) vs axis defence (me) along a "short side" advance.

I have argued with Fionn Kelly,

I have played Fionn Kelly

And you sir are no Fionn Kelly!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

Ive been playing Cm for well over 1 yr now. Ive lost 3 games.. 1 vs Jarmo (1st eva game ... very bad luck) 1 vs Pete (defense on old patch really hard to win) 1 to wreak cant say I was out played but just didnt go well. Never lost a single game as allies. Ive never been out played. Are CM players all talk or have I just played the lower end of the stick? I read all these intelligent comments about game-play yet Ive yet to see ot incorperated into actuall gameplay.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, a real hero!

Since playing CMBO with another player is not a challenge perhaps you should quit and work on your interpersonal skills instead. =/

Joe, come to TH and take on the top ranked players. If losing is what you crave, seek and ye shall find.

When I defeated you, I would not say it was all luck, but I certainly got some breaks. (Remember my jackson nailing your panther from the front? Mwahahaha!) That was my second game vs a human; I knew little of how the game worked. Now I know I lot more. I will beat you again, at least if I play Germans. ;)

The top guys at TH still give me big problems. On any given game with them, if they get just a little luck they will probably win. There is no way you are gonna rack up a 50-3 record there unless you only play newbies.

Guys, I only ask one thing. Those of you whose challenge Kiwi Joe accepts (and presumably he should have a few good games lined up, it that was the apparent intent of his post), please be SURE to post your results, so we can find out what happened.

I'll give Kiwi Joe the benefit of the doubt for now, but surely we would all enjoy an AAR where one of you describes an good old fashioned ass kicking?

I'll thank you for the entertainment value, and Kiwi Joe will probably thank you for having made the game fun and challenging for him again.

Of course, if you win due to "luck", it doesn't really count... :D

Murph

My record is 3 loses, 1 draw, 52 wins. All 3 loses are threw bad luck... (luck plays quite a role in these samll 1500 point battles). Ive yet to see a player any where near my skill level. NEVER have I been out played. Yeah Yeah... Im an arogant son of a bitch... true... but Im a damn good player.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

56 games and you think you're hot stuff?! Geez, kids these days tongue.gif Come back when you have 300 games under your belt and perhaps we can talk :D

Ron

Kiwi I want a piece of you myself. I am not the best ever, but I am one of the better commanders. You can find me in the top 10 at the TH ladder as well as the blitzkrieg club. I would very much like a chance to knock you off your lofty pedastel. I am an honorable player, never gamey, never cheat and lose as admirably as I win. I would prefer a 1500 pt attack/defend, I will attack or defend. Another player I saw post above who is worth playing is The_Capt (if that's Capt Ro as I presume) He's really good and I've never beat him, although that was in my early career, (maybe time for a rematch ro). Anyways kiwi I want a shot at the title so shoot me an email or set up at Petroski1@home.com and we'll see what you're made of comrade.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that my frequent PBEM losses have been due to:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Bad luck

Bad light

Social deprivation

The influence of drugs and/or alchohol

The Government

The financial problems of Hull City FC weighing on my mind.

PMT.

Foot and Mouth disease.

My mouse not working properly

My troops refusing to carry out my orders.

All of the above.

Anything else I might think of.

In no circumstances can I be considered reponsible for any of my losses or anything else for that matter.

[ 04-20-2001: Message edited by: Firefly ]

like the capt suggested-- play defender in some attack or assault scenarios. Try this one: defend (against an attack) on a large map, flat, no trees, with infantry only defenders against an armored attack. Let the computer select forces. If you really want a challenge take low quality forces.

There are a lot of parameter choices available-- play the range of them, and use a lot of computer setups. It's much more challenging to make do with the crap that the computer sometimes picks than to hand select your ideal force.

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not that great at the game so would would likely kick my butt. But, I think a guy who has a name that is based on a small squishy fruit, should think of re-naming himself before making such brash and arrogant comments.

Have you ever seen a Kiwi after the skin is peeled? It lookes a lot like snot with seeds in it, which is most likely a good description of his brain....so the name may be okay. :D