If you are satisfied with CM then POST HERE!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto to everything everyone else said.

Not only is the game great, but you get the game shipped to you nice and quick (for most people in the US this is the case), filled up to bursting with wargaming goodness. Best damn game I've ever played. Unlimited replayability thanks to level editor and many multiplayer options.

Don't worry, I used a credit card and BTS didn't steal my money to buy themselves monkey butlers and quality cuban cigars.

What exactly are your reservations Mr. Dad? That because BTS is a direct-order internet business they might be somehow less trustworthy than oh, say, Microsoft (heh!) for example?

In my many years of off-the-shelf software consumerism, I have seldom encountered a more stable and compatible game program than CM:BO. Works the first time, every time.

Afraid Steve, Charles, et.al. will run off with yr $45.00, never to be heard from again? In the couple of years I've been reading this BBS (and other related sites) I have never heard any complaints from anybody about not recieving what they paid for in anything less than a timely manner. Even heard of a couple of instances of BTS replacing broken CDs (no fault of BTS, I might add) for free.

Come on in, the water's fine...

Buy it for him. You will both enjoy it. I am a 50 yrs old lawyer, seen them come and go. Have been playing this game since the original beta version almost 2 years ago and THAT beat almost anything out there.

The is NO better and relaible and stellar company than BTS. Dicey on credit cards? They take checks.

No regrets

jd

[ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: jd ]

Dad:

Your son takes your car on saturday evening?

Your son ask for money to go to the cinema?

Your son organize partys when you're not at home?

If the response is "yes" then you MUST buy CM. Your son will remain attached to the PC for a long, long period of time ... :D

Come on Pops order your kid Combat Mission right this min.

I have order a copy for myself, one for my Dad, and one for my nephew. All of them made it with no problems at all. Not buying your son is like not buying him that Redrider BB gun for Christmas.

Trust me you won't have any problems.

Shatter

Dad, have no fears for being ripped off. I live in Norway, and when my copy took so long to turn up I thought it had got lost, BTS sent me a new one for free, which I got 2 weeks later. Actually, 6 Months !!!! later the original copy turned up as well. Talk about a slow customs dept. eh ?!

:(

Anyway, the customer support and service level of Steve and Charles (BTS) is the best I've come across ever.

DO not hesitate to buy Combat Mission, either - it is great.

Cheers !

I second all comments, despite the rather simple and amatuerish website BTS has not only produced a Game that will be included in any respectable list of the Top PC games ever made but also has demonstrated that customers come first.

Combat Mission is a fantastic strategic and action game without gratuitous violence.

I have purchased many many PC games over the years, probably around 50. There are only 2 Games that I have played longer than a year. Half-Life, and it's associated mods(TFC, CS) and Combat Mission. From the viewpoint of value, Combat Mission would be the hands down winner.

It is such a great game and value that paying $100 would still have been a good deal. (don't get any crazy ideas Steve and Charles!)

As for buying over the Internet, I do understand your reservation. I have bought countless times over the Internet. 3 basic rules I follow. Always use a Credit card, (DO NOT use a bank debit/credit card, ie the cards that bill directly to your bank account.) ALWAYS make sure you have a SSL connection, make sure the little Lock symbol is ON at the bottom right of Internet Explorer window when sending Credit Card numbers. Lastly, trust your gut.

Kevin King

Two things to consider.

1. Anyone can post to this message board. At least once.

If the post is offensive, the poster might be banned and the

thread get locked up. But no posts are ever deleted.

2. During my two years in the forum, I've never seen any

posts complaining they were ripped off by BTS. Some orders

have been delayed or packeges have got lost in the mail,

but in every case the orderer has gotten the game eventually.

That ought to count for something...

it aint 'too risky' with these fine fellows.

Once I ordered a piece of software from here, it didnt arrive in something like 8 weeks, so they sent me a copy of Combat Mission for some reason, and then another copy of the product I had origionaly ordered. I dont know why the hell they sent me Combat Mission, maybe they felt bad about my originial order getting lost in the mail, or maybe it was a mistake, who the heck knows, my point is if you order it now and dont get your hands on it for at least a month or you get it and it doesnt work through no fault of your own, ill give your dad 800 billion dollars.

oh and i dont know how old you are but im youngwe than most and this game has been played once a day by me ever since i got it, too bad i still suck at it! give me a mail and we can get stuck into a pbem or something sometime!

If all else fails, get a job at your local fast food hole and save up enoguh money to fly over to wherever the heck big Time Software is situated and weld two copies to your ass so you dont loose em'.

[ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: chasd ]

Dad. I too was a little concerned about buying over the internet the first time and the first time was buying this game. I just knew that I had thrown $50.00 away and that I'd never see the game or my money. Well, I've been playing this truely outstanding game now for about a year. I am 53 years old and never knew a game could be this much fun or interesting and this forum is tops. So I say go ahead and do it. ;)

Dad,

I'm a dad too, and my 7 yr old spends hours in the terrain editor making island worlds connected with bridges, driving vehicles around, and then blowing it all to....er... never mind the last bit.

Game works. Game good. Me satisfied. Best gaming dollar investment I've ever made. Basically, the game doesn't grow old. It will be superseded, but it is infinitely replayable, afaict.

--Rett

I'm always wary about shopping on the net. If you're concerned, get a book such as The Internet for Dummies which will explain how internet security works (basically, it was never designed to be secure, but it can be now).

I shop regularly at Amazon (online store) and this is one of the few other places I've placed my credit card number. No problems so far, their server seems secure enough.

And yes, the game is a worthy investment because your son will spend SO MUCH time playing this game he won't want to buy another one for months. I have saved myself a fortune buying Combat Mission. Plus, he'll get loads of girls and win the lottery. And he says you can have some of the girls if you want to. ;)

Hi Dad,

You should go ahead and buy this with a credit card, without worrying. We have all had excellent customer service with BTS. And bottom line, even if we were all wrong, and BTS did not deliver to you, you can always refuse the charges withouut any trouble. You are safe..

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gunny_ Bunny:

Hi Dad,

It is a very bloody game. Your son sounds like he couldn't handle the experience.

Don't buy it for him. :mad: :mad:

Regards,

GB :eek: :eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't know why, but he is lying. no blood. no gore. a decision very much bts' even though there were many arguments FOR it by many board members(avgerage age of board is ~35 last time we polled)

Maybe your dad just doesn't like having a kid that calls himself "Dark Knight".

No, I tease!

Tell your dad that if he doesn't order it, he'll be sorry when you're blind and homeless after turning to drugs because you couldn't play the greatest wargame ever.

Seriously.

All things considered Dad, the game is great. However this doesn't nessecarily affect your desicision, after all, its security your worried about, not the actual game. (tho if your a history or wargaming buff you may find yourself joining in.) Quite frankly, I've never knwon a more accessible or committed staff, nor have I ever had swift and carefree online purchase as CM. In addittion, BTS is working on CMBB, if thats any anti-scam proofing. If they were scam artists, I think with the internet being such a communicative place, that a) CM sales would have dropped to nothing, and B) the community certainly wouldn't be asking for a sequel.