Why buy @ $50.00 ?

Is it possible the price of this game will come down after the new release is out?

I have the demo, played it a little, but it just never grabbed me in the seat of the pants like some other games do. I really have a problem with paying over $30.00 for a game, unless it is an impulse buy at the store, but CM is not in the stores. The most fun about this game for me is coming here and listening to all the baffoonery that goes on. It's a blast, (so to speak).

So how about it ? Will they ever cut the price?

Considering it's the best wargame ever, buy it! I doubt the price will go down, because BTS is an extremely small company compared to others, and their personal income is directly related to sales. The reason they sell internet only is contained in their bio/manifesto on this page. In short, they are sick of being screwed out of the profits of a game by publishers.

Based on replay value vs other games that I have tried, the price is extremely low. I'd give several "bargain" games in trade for a copy of CMBO.

Personally I'd rather see the price stay where it is just as a symbol of it's real value.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>it just never grabbed me in the seat of the pants like some other games do.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Other games are designed to grab you by the seat of the pants. They are designed to sell, and what you think of them after that is of no concern to the manufacturer. BTS goes to great lengths to satisfy their customers in the long term. CM is the only game I have never become tired of – everything else loses its attraction after the novelty wears off. CM has low novelty and high longeivity. For the amount of enjoyment you get out of it, it's one of the best value games avialable.

Yeah, it's not that bad price for the best game EVER! Buy it now! 100% satisfaction guaranteed! smile.gif

PLUS, you will get the absolutely best game community (a bit weird sentence me thinks, but you know what I tried to say, right? smile.gif ). Just look at this message board! These people are just awesome! I love 'em! :D

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: Wolf^ ]

$50 bucks I'd pay $75 for the best war game around, as Sledge59 said "Based on replay value vs other games that I have tried, the price is extremely low". How many games have stayed on your HD for over a Yr. Don't think about it! buy it now!!!

SS Peiper

Please don't confuse Price with Value.

I have owned CMBO for eleven months. A conservative estimate of the time I have enjoyed playing the game or discussing the game on and off of the forum is 700 hours.

No other game of any kind in my 40+ years of wargaming experience has given me this much pleasure. I have not felt the need to purchased any other game for the past 11 months since none seem to meet the CMBO standard.

Other wargamers I have introduced the game to have been similarly captivated.

Oh, by the way that comes to 7.1 cents per hour of enjoyment.

Satisfied Toad :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I really have a problem with paying over $30.00 for a game, unless it is an impulse buy at the store, but CM is not in the stores.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'd be surprised if you were able to find many quality games for $30, but obviously everyone is different. I would simply add that the full game is far better than the demo and is one of the few games I've ever played that has held my interest for this long.

If you have an interest in this period and this scale, I can't imagine another game that even comes close.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Please don't confuse Price with Value.

I have owned CMBO for eleven months. A conservative estimate of the time I have enjoyed playing the game or discussing the game on and off of the forum is 700 hours.

No other game of any kind in my 40+ years of wargaming experience has given me this much pleasure. I have not felt the need to purchased any other game for the past 11 months since none seem to meet the CMBO standard.

Other wargamers I have introduced the game to have been similarly captivated.

Oh, by the way that comes to 7.1 cents per hour of enjoyment.

Satisfied Toad :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heck of a better deal than Ship Yard Sally, plus you don't need to take E-Mycin for 6 weeks to get rid of those antibiotic resistant strains of the scratch. Of course the game does not have letters home to momma in it, which limits its value, but still, you can't have everything.

I bought this around the same time as Black and White.

Black and White had been hyped as the mutt's nuts, it was by the holy master of all god sims Peter Molyneux (oh wum oh wum), nobody had a bad word to say about it.

I saw this game when an evil friend (who shall remain nameless) said "Hey, check this game out, it's really cool."

End result:

Some months on, Black and White has gathered dust and is no longer on my hard disk. It's dull and I expected more than being able to spank my monkey and watch it crap and eat people.

I am still playing CM - I have several PBEM games going on (human vs. human combat is, in my eyes, the best way to play this) and I love it.

But, it's not for everyone. If it doesn't appeal to you, best not to buy it. That way you won't be disappointed - and this is HARDLY the place to get a balanced opinion of the game now, is it?

I don't know how much it cost BTS to produce the game and put it on the CD. But I can tell you Electronic Arts pays about 20 bucks per CD they make. If we go by this logic, you're paying $10 to BTS for an extremely good game. You don't pay for the packaging. You don't pay for the marketing. I personally have no problem paying the 55 bucks (damn the low Canadian dollar value :mad: ).

If you have hang around this message board as long as you say you have, then you must have seen all the replys BTS made to some suggestions made by players, you'll appreciate them even more.

Kudos to BTS for a great product and a great support.

And hey, don't forget those hard working modders, making this game even more enjoyable.

12 posts in 45 minutes, not bad,

you guys are so predictable.

OK ALREADY.

So how many of you guys are grog's.

And why havent I seen this game mentioned in other game forums?

(I suspect I know the answer to these questions, but am asking anyway).

Oh and buy the way,

I have never posted to this board befor, but have been reading it for a long time.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 0time:

OK ALREADY.

Oh and buy the way,

I have never posted to this board befor, but have been reading it for a long time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ll tell you why. They don't have time to go to other boards there ether here or playing CM. And of cores there is work, school and other little interruptions. ;)

You think $50 is to hight. It cost in total about $80 Canadian to get this game. I would pay $100 if I had to. And I am no grog.

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>So how many of you guys are grog's.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That depends on the definition of a grog I suppose. I've read about WW2 all my life (40+ years) and while I can recognize a Sherman from a Mark IV I can't tell, at a glance, the difference between the various versions. Judge for yourself. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And why havent I seen this game mentioned in other game forums?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You're looking in the wrong places then. Check out csip games.war-historical, it's been heavily discussed and raved over for a long time. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Oh and buy the way, I have never posted to this board befor, but have been reading it for a long time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh, is it trolling season already? Time does fly doesn't it.

Look, buy the game if you want, don't if you don't. You have our opinions, which you asked for despite the fact that you apparently already knew our opinions. But I will add that there are damn few games that engender THIS level of fan support for this long.

Joe

OK ALREADY.

Oh and buy the way,

I have never posted to this board befor, but have been reading it for a long time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspect you have some hidden agenda since you know all the answers to these questions before you ask. I encourage you to buy the game, or state the agenda, whatever is the reason for your posts. You will find the game better though than a hidden agenda any day.

......I really have a problem with paying over $30.00 for a game........<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM is _NOT_ a game.........it is a way of life :D ...therefore a bargain at $50. They could sell you a set of tapes and give you a coupon for a seminar at three times the cost, but why bother...the CD has it all.

Somebody drag me away quick....I think my upper turret has been penetrated once to often, I am definitely suffering scrambilization in the mental casework.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randl:

CM is _NOT_ a game.........it is a way of life :D ...therefore a bargain at $50. They could sell you a set of tapes and give you a coupon for a seminar at three times the cost, but why bother...the CD has it all.

Somebody drag me away quick....I think my upper turret has been penetrated once to often, I am definitely suffering scrambilization in the mental casework.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only your turret. That Tiger that my neighbour has hit me right below the gun mussel. And the lower hull just yestorday. :D

[ 07-16-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

For example. I played The Undying last week......that is, last week. I've been playing CM for over a year. Whatever floats your boat but it's the best value for ANY game I've ever bought, well, except maybe for the original Harpoon.

I'd go out and collect recyclable cans at a nickel a piece if I had to raise the cash to buy this game again. It'd be worth it in a second. I've had it since the beginning, and I can count the number of times it has been out of my cd-rom drive on one hand. In fact, my incessant ranting about it at work has caused a co-worker to get it last week, and now his wife hates me as much as my wife hates Steve and Charles!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I suspect you have some hidden agenda since you know all the answers to these questions before you ask. I encourage you to buy the game, or state the agenda, whatever is the reason for your posts. You will find the game better though than a hidden agenda any day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! Hidden Agenda is a little nice game too!!! A bit outdated with all black and white... But is fun to play from time to time smile.gif

And is abandonware, so you can found it for free in the Net... At least for Mac.