The anticipation of CM2 is killing me!

I for the last six or so months have been reading more and more books on the Russian front.

The info that I am researching is just making me crave CM2 that much more.

Since I am in my last semester of college, I have very little time for the forum anymore. Between CM,WWII books, and studying oh yeah girlfriend too, my time all used up. Hope she doesn't walk in here and see she is last on the list. :D

So as far as I know CM2 is to be released sometime this fall. Does anyone have anymore specific info on the release date, then sometime this fall.

Yes I did do a search and could not find anymore then what I have stated.

Thanks Shatter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

Well could you please do the decent thing and die

a/ Quietly and

b/ Quickly.

there's people in the queue who would greatly appreciate moving up one space! :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

---------------------------------------------

Boy you Peng guys are just so witty, and full off such educated and useful information. :D

Big difference though is with CM1, BTS had to start from scratch. CM2 is basically going to be using the same engine as CM1 with some tweaks and addition of new ToEs for the various nationalities. You can also tell that BTS is being quite stringent with themselves with avoiding overly time consuming features. They clearly have a inner timetable they want to keep. Of course, it'll be done when it's done but seems pretty clear they want to wrap CM2 up this year so they can get stared on the engine rewrite by next year. Counting on release dates for games and software is like depending on a girlfriend to wait for you while you do military service: you can hope she'll remain true but don't count on it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Just because he posts in the thread does not mean that he is one of us<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok is this better

Stalin's Organ you are just so witty, and full off such educated and useful information. Thanks for such insightful wisdom tongue.gif

Shatter

Some weeks ago we could expect regular tid-tibs and teasers from BTS on CMBB, but lately there seems to have been a notable silence.

Anyone want to bet whether in our enthusiasm we simply got on their nerves with all our annoying back-seat driving?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Ahhhhh... now we see the elitism inherent within the system.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is also slave labor, cruelty to animals, point shaving, and indecency to interns. The 'Pool is a somewhat warped mirror of society. Sue us.

I used up my limited stock of breathless anticipation on CMBO, which will keep me amused even if The Deuce is two years hence. Also, my experience with software development tells me to take whatever estimate the programmers give me, double it, and add 5 (months, or greater, depending on size of the project). Once you accept this, life is much easier.

This is a quote from a previous thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

posted 07-30-2001 01:52 AM

No new screenshots for a while folks. We pretty much exhausted what we had to show during the last couple of magazine articles. We have been focusing on non-visual stuff for a while and only now are switching back to the stuff that can be seen. So expect there to be nothing much new until the end of August since we can't show what we don't have

Steve

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

im not into the cesspool, but i also cant wait for CM2 to come out! yet, i hope that some people out there are still willing to play CMBO, i like the western front better. i would like to see the western front playable on the new engine. can we expect to see that option? would it be that hard? a rarity factor on the west front would be nice for those 57mm recoiless, and the 88mm pupchen.

im not into the cesspool, but i also cant wait for CM2 to come out! yet, i hope that some people out there are still willing to play CMBO, i like the western front better. i would like to see the western front playable on the new engine. can we expect to see that option? would it be that hard? a rarity factor on the west front would be nice for those 57mm recoiless, and the 88mm pupchen.

As far as I know BTS doesn't plan on bringing the units over from CMBO into CMBB. The amount of work to bring all the units/formations up-to-date (graphics and data) is beyond the amount of time they would be willing to delay CMBB/CM2.

You'll probably have to wait until after the release of CM4 to see the West Front revisited with a new engine (at least as the current plans stand now).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

a rarity factor on the west front would be nice for those 57mm recoiless, and the 88mm pupchen.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of recoiless rifles, how common were the German 75mm & 105mm recoiless rifles?

I am working on a scenario in which is basically a last days of the war battle. Germans out numbered badly by US troops + Armor. I do not what to give the Germans alot of AT guns and no tanks

So I thought I would give them a 75mm recoiless rifle, but I am not sure this is historical.

Any thoughts

Shatter - A lot of AT guns and no tanks seems to be more accurate than a lot of recoilless rifles for the Germans. While there was an incredibly eclectic hodge-podge of equipment in German kampfgruppes at the end of the war, I'd say that recoilless rifles were quite a bit more rare than a Pak40 75mm AT gun. But I have no sources to prove this...

Good God, I sure blundered that last post of mine.

What I meant to say was no tanks and very little AT.

Actually this will only be a little larger than company size battle. I am going to add a couple Anitpersonel minfields, so I really only want 1 AT gun, or recoiless rifle.

So I guess my question is, were the Germans using any recoiless rifles in the last months of the War, or did they even have any left?