What AFV are you looking forward to in CM2?

I hope they have the OT-34. I remember playing Steel Panthers with the OT-34. A 76mm gun and a flame thrower! What more could you ask for? I think it also had a machine gun. That was a city-fightin' nightmare for the other side. Thump 'em a couple times with the 76, then drive up and flame 'em! Enemy at the gate? Not any more!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sturmtigers and Brummbars for Germany. CM1 already has most of the Big Cats.

I would also relish the chance to take on mid/late war Soviet Armor. The T-34s should require a little more work from my 75s/88s to rip through than the Western soda cans. The JS series same thing, more shots to take down and have powerful guns. Just wondering about the JS-II's very slow loading times...

Are the maps gonna be much bigger in CM2 BTW? Those steppes are quite vast...

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

Ferdinand / Elefant schwere JgPz! Hasn't recieved a good reputation post war due to poor reliability and fragile chassis, lack of mg in the Ferdi, etc. - But the crews of the s/PzJg battalions all gave high praise of the vehicles armour and L/70 8.8cm gun, and in general were well liked. Its' an interesting vehicle for me.

Warmaker mentioned Sturmtigers but according to all my reading on the subject, Sturmorser Tiger, aka Sturmtiger, were only employed by Sturmorser Ko. 1001 and 1002, and then only on the western front. 8 or so per Kompanie. If these vehicles are not in CM1, then how can they justifiably be included in CM2? Believe I read a thread on this subject a few months ago...

As for Soviet vehicles, I always thought the T-34/85 was the best combination of firepower, mobility and protection. Far more practical and reliable ( and numerous ) than those exotic German cats. Sorry for the ramblin'. smile.gif

E Tuggle

------------------

" They're acting as if they have already won the war! " B. Woll

" We will prove them wrong. " M. Whitman

Personally I'm looking forward to how to open up the KV-1 and the problems around this in '41. Lot's of PkwIII's speeding around trying to get in a flank round. Maybe drive in an 88 at 2000m or so. With the vast distances you have to rewrite your tactics considerably from CMBO.

Guest KwazyDog

After finishing the model of it, I was very impressed with just the size of the IS-2, its huge. That thing is going to be a beast to see in action Im sure.

After that Id say the ISU-152 will be a mean sight on the battlefield, and the Elefant should make a lasting impression, too wink.gif

Dan

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

After finishing the model of it, I was very impressed with just the size of the IS-2, its huge. That thing is going to be a beast to see in action Im sure.

Dan

Oom...don't suppose you'd want to put up a screenshot? biggrin.gif

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Hi all

Personally I am looking forward to using all the 1941 kit. PzIIs Pz38Ts BT series and T28s etc I think these Tanks with puny guns (compared with CMBO stuff) will be great fun on CM battlefields just as many enjoy using the Lynx and Stuart In CMBO.

Cant wait to face early T34s and KV1s with lowly PzIIIs etc smile.gif

Cheers

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

After that Id say the ISU-152 will be a mean sight on the battlefield, and the Elefant should make a lasting impression, too wink.gif

Dan

you're a cruel mongrel, KD! Anyone tell you that? wink.gif

Mace

I'd have to agree with Sgt. Steiner, it's the early war equipment that I'm looking forward to playing with and against. The MkIII as it evolved. The T-34 series as it evolved. The early Marders and SU's. I think what appeals to me the most is the period when there were no "Super" tanks on the field yet and maneuver was the king of battle! Everything required getting up close and personal and an anti-tank rifle was really what it said it was! It's just not the stand off duels for me. I want to have to put my hand on the enemy at times!

KwazyDog:

A bit off topic, but I was wondering of all vehicles with AA flexible MGs will have them shown on the model in CM2 or will it be like CM Shermans where they are invisible.

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV

Guest KwazyDog

Hiya Guys,

Ill see if I can post some renders of the models in a day or so, once I confirmed its ok with Steve and Charles. They wont look too impressive as they arent textured, but they will give you an idea of how the vehicles may look in CM.

Vanir, time permittion I am hoping we can model the AAMG's on the vehicles they had them, especially the IS series. I have okayed this with Charles, so it is something I am hoping to do wink.gif

Dan