What AFV are you looking forward to in CM2?

Guest Rommel22

I love, absolutly LOVE

BT series tanks. Fast as Fvck!!!!

Some reached up to speeds of 55kmh+.

Their armor wan't anything special but the sloping made the armor more effective.

Bt-5, Bt-7, Bt-8. Damn those tanks rule.

Buy 2 or 3 of these and make em' go 'round the flanks and behind the enemy lines. Can you imgine 3 tanks with a 37mm gun (decent for 1941) and pound the enemy possitions. Those Bt series tanks also stored a good amount of ammo. I think some 100+ rounds.

Yep waitin' for those!

------------------

Rommel22's War Diarys site.

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest machineman

Originally posted by Rommel22:

I love, absolutly LOVE

BT series tanks. Fast as Fvck!!!!

Some reached up to speeds of 55kmh+.

Their armor wan't anything special but the sloping made the armor more effective.

Bt-5, Bt-7, Bt-8. Damn those tanks rule.

If you can make a Hellcat work, you should be able to score with these things. Even faster than a Hellcat, Janes gives a Bt-7 the max speed of 86 km/hr.

Same problems with the armour caused it to be phased out in favor of the T-34.

> Every bit of footage I've seen of the

> Eastern Front has been on very large and

> vast flat lands. Even Moscow is dead flat.

You may want to consult your globe. Russia has a lot of woods. Steppe is in the south. Moscow is surely not Caucasus, but to say it is dead flat is a bit of exaggerration, too. There quite many small rivers (and hence, valleys) around, and about half of the terrain is forrested.

> Yes, but remember that all troops which

> used Bt series tanks and all tanks in

> 41/42 where very low trained and with a

> very low tactical capability!

Not true. But we've been there before, right?

People object to Sturmtigers etc because they are really rare. Why couldnt a rarity factor be built into the game much like CC3 (ducks for cover!!) so they are not always available in any given QB? That way the purists are happy and the what-if crowd can get the jollies as well?

I expect this idea has been thrashed in previous threads or already considered by BTS.

Pud

[This message has been edited by Pud (edited 02-17-2001).]

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, do a search Pud, it is going to be in CM2, and has been describe in detail by Steve elsewhere wink.gif

Tiger, yup, 3D Max. Currently I am using 2.5 which is fine for the time being, but we will be upgrading when we rewrite the engine and making full use of Max's features including Character Studio smile.gif

Dan