Maple Leaf Up!! The PENG THREAD goes North!!!

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MrHappy:

Well well well. Looks like old Peng SNIP blatherings MrHappy

Let me tell you a story, MrCrappy. Its about a fellow who made salsa that didn't have any tomato sauce whatsoever. Was the salsa good? Yes. Was it hot? Sort of. Did it look like good salsa? No. It did not. It looked like an experiment gone awry. Did everyone at the party try the salsa and like the salsa? No, they did not. There was one lone sycophant who gobbled down the vile stuff to keep someone happy. But then again, he was smashed beyond belief and thought that Peng was really Rasputin.

The chili? It was magnificent. Did Peng make the chili? No. Did he make this thread? No again. Does he have a valid reason to complain about something we use his name for? Nope. He never started a thread. If he had started the thread then we might care if he complained. I think Seanachai started the first one. I'll care when he complains.

My point? Don't have one. So there.

So, MrCrappy. Maybe I'll sign on as a new person and call myself MrMaudlin. How about that?

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

... That's my lomtick on the matter. What's it going to be then, eh?

When someone finally appears to make some perfect sense it turns out it's the ol´ Hakko-wakko. Stop making sense.

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

Originally posted by mensch:

YA! peng is giving up! wadda suck! I guess his full General Lee beard made him a week mamas boy... jeeez what a cry baby... I guess since he didn't mention our game.. I WIN?? auto surrender? how nice!!! LORAK you hear this.. come here boy and take that peach out of your ear.

It appears Peng is giving up! well till I smell something rotting (his corpse) I'll take the win. foo!

mensch you simp, who here hasn't defeated Peng.......ooops, other than Seanachai. So call us when you defeat someone of a high caliber.

Originally posted by Chupacabra:

The English don't do salsa worth a pigeon fart.

What, you have a problem with ketchup, lemon juice and chopped up turnip?

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

Guest Germanboy

No need for rubbing it in, old chum.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

I hate you too, Burgess-boy.

I really want a goddamn Chile Relleno now.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Originally posted by Chupacabra:

I hate you too, Burgess-boy.

I really want a goddamn Chile Relleno now.

As of three years ago, there was a very good Peruvian restaurant in London, south of the River across from Tower Hill, IIRC. You could try looking it up.

Montana's in Chelsea probably does a chile relleno, if you feel like draining your wallet. Although, frankly, your not pretty enought to get in the door.

Then there's always Café Pacifico. It's not great, but it's probably no worse than On the Border over by the highway.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Does he have a valid reason to complain about something we use his name for? Nope.

(Another of my annoying one liners): Does that mean it's ok for me to sell the Peng toilet paper rolls I had made?

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source

The Unofficial Vic Bitter Website

Jesus Dress Up!

The McNoldy Group

Originally posted by Lawyer:

Dear INSERT [Mr. Peng]:

Thank you so much for taking time to express your views to me on this important issue. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to represent the interests of you and all my constituents here in Washington. Without the participation of valuable citizens such as yourself, we cannot as a Nation hope to deal with the pressing matters you mention.

Your Public Servant,

Lawyer

Well I'm buggered. That is one of the funnier bloody things I've read on this Thread.

If I send him $20 will Lawyer spit on me? Or is that too personal, and the best I can hope for is that he'll have a hireling come by and do it for him?

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

That and any OTHER food. Kiiiirist!

When I was in London my friend informed me of the Barbara rule (That's his wife). The rule was, if you don't see more than 3 people in the place eating don't eat there, and let me tell you, it really works.

I know this cause I went against the rule and paid for it. The english don't know good steak if it fell out of the sky, landed on their face and proceeded to wiggle about. Try eat a piece of shoe leather with fat and grissle attached and you might know what I experienced.

My advice.. eat ANYTHING but the local food. Eat Chinese, French, Italian, Greek, hell eat at frickin' McDonalds but DON'T eat the local food. Hell, I would eat Hiram's cat before I at in an English pub again.

Sh*t, they don't even have decent ketchup, if that is what you'd like to call it. How the hell do you eat fries without ketchup?! What?! Are you people just that F'ing stupid? Tomato paste and salt IS NOT ketchup! I repeat! It is NOT ketchup.

Jeff

------------------

First of all, David, you stupid sot, if names were meant to be descriptive, everyone would have the, culturally appropriate, name of, "Ugly little purple person that cries and wets itself." -Meeks.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Well I'm buggered. That is one of the funnier bloody things I've read on this Thread.

If I send him $20 will Lawyer spit on me? Or is that too personal, and the best I can hope for is that he'll have a hireling come by and do it for him?

You can't even touch an intern for $20. Good government ain't free, ya cheapskate.

------------------

Only the Lawyer knows what Evil lurks in the minds of men....

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I think Seanachai started the first one. I'll care when he complains.

Besides starting the first Thread, I've restarted it at least 3 other times. This Thread has borne my name more than any other individual's, or even all the others put together.

And I do have complaints. My needs are not being met. Those posting here are not telling me often enough, or even at all, that I'm handsome, and a fine figure of a man. It matters not that neither are true. I am also not receiving significant sums of cash in the mail (even though my postal address has, in fact, been posted here). Despite all that I have done to this Thread...er, for this Thread, I receive no thanks, no friendly slap on the back, no promises of eternal gratitude.

When things get tense around here, who's always ready to leap in and bore everyone to tears until no one can remember what the fuss was about in the first place? Who has personally paid out of pocket for Mensch's meds (talk about throwing good money after bad), having the Brick continuously restored, and bribed Madmatt to take the Thread away from the Aussies? Who has said a prayer and offered up small animal sacrifices for each and every established member of the Peng Challenge Thread?

Myself, Seanachai, that's who.

Now, everyone say it: "Hoi, there, Seanachai, you're a handsome devil and a fine figure of a man, thanks, chum, there's a little token of my appreciation headed yer way in the mail, just a fiver or so, and you've got my thanks, lad, for all the fine things you've done. If you're ever in (insert hellhole you're inhabiting) stop on by, chum, and I'll treat you to a stand up meal."

listens attentively

Not all at once, now.

Silence

Oh, bugger. How 'bout just promising not to do any of the things Kitty talked about in her post to Peng?

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 02-02-2001).]

"Hoi, there, Seanachai, you're a handsome devil and a fine figure of a man, thanks, chum, there's a little token of my appreciation headed yer way in the mail, just a fiver or so, and you've got my thanks, lad, for all the fine things you've done. If you're ever in Dallas, Texas, stop on by, chum, and I'll treat you to a stand up meal."

::cough::

GI Tom

------------------

Think before you POST, TEST before you cry BUG and take a "Time-Out" break before you counter-flame the guy that just called you a Plutonian ButtMonkey---Madmatt

Ok -- I need to get a file to PeterNZ, but his computer is made of match sticks and his e-mail is on the famous British Telecom network of high tech (meaning they have pocket calculators) service providers. Can someone in the UK take the file and resend it to him? I even have two tech support people pinging his account and anything over 100k is rejected -- hopefully someone else will have some luck.

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Ok -- I need to get a file to PeterNZ, but his computer is made of match sticks and his e-mail is on the famous British Telecom network of high tech (meaning they have pocket calculators) service providers. Can someone in the UK take the file and resend it to him? I even have two tech support people pinging his account and anything over 100k is rejected -- hopefully someone else will have some luck.

He's gone skiiing. Looking at his skill at walking a straight line while sober, I expect him to end up falling down a steep crevice somewhere, bleating.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Sean you forgot how it works......if you want lovin' you have to pay for it. So send me the $20......and if you ever are in the NW I will treat you to a stand up meal fer sur dude. Now if you want responses, post your picture with Lorak. SWM etc. You know the routine I am sure.

Cheers

jd

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

You had KETCHUP!, we used to dream of being able to use ketchup, and a turnip, that was the ultimate in luxury to us.

And senile toy, warmest regards, I'd mail you a dollar, but Canadian money isn't worth dick, and if your ever in my neck of the woods, why I'll run screaming like an extra in a B grade japanese monster movie.

------------------

"With cat-like tread, Upon our prey we steal;

In silence dread, Our cautious way we feel." -G&S

Guest Germanboy

In the tradition of the late and unlamented J Goebbels, I have to declare a 'Total Victory' over Bauhaus (again). Bauhaus managed to find every ambush I had set up for him with uncanny accuracy and walk into it like Little Red Riding Hood 'Andreas - why do your paras have so many Sten guns?' 'Brrrpp brrrppp' 'Andreas - why do you have a 3" mortar?' 'Kaboom go the Stugs', 'Andreas - what are those big rounds falling onto my men, could it be 4.2" mortars' 'Booom, Mein Bein! byebye HT'. I suspect a bug. He also thought that after the annihilation of his Flying Gerbil Company by my paras, it would be perfectly safe to drive a HT and a Stug about 40 yards from the woodline towards the village (you read that right). His Berlichtingenrocketenvyâ„¢ made him buy a load of 210mm rockets that he squandered on leveling perfectly fine French buildings. He asked for more, he shall get it. His attack petered out like a Hamsterwee on a hot day in the Sahara. See what happens next time - watch this space.

Germanboy - win

Bauhaus - no win

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Originally posted by Germanboy:

In the tradition of the late and unlamented J Goebbels, I have to declare a 'Total Victory' over Bauhaus (again). Bauhaus managed to find every ambush I had set up for him with uncanny accuracy and walk into it like Little Red Riding Hood 'Andreas - why do your paras have so many Sten guns?' 'Brrrpp brrrppp' 'Andreas - why do you have a 3" mortar?' 'Kaboom go the Stugs', 'Andreas - what are those big rounds falling onto my men, could it be 4.2" mortars' 'Booom, Mein Bein! byebye HT'. I suspect a bug. He also thought that after the annihilation of his Flying Gerbil Company by my paras, it would be perfectly safe to drive a HT and a Stug about 40 yards from the woodline towards the village (you read that right). His Berlichtingenrocketenvyâ„¢ made him buy a load of 210mm rockets that he squandered on leveling perfectly fine French buildings. He asked for more, he shall get it. His attack petered out like a Hamsterwee on a hot day in the Sahara. See what happens next time - watch this space.

Germanboy - win

Bauhaus - no win

To correct you Gerbiljoy

Gerbiljoy-No Suck

Bauhaus-Sucked