Maple Leaf Up!! The PENG THREAD goes North!!!

Originally posted by YK2:

Take that back instantly Hiram.... before I, before I, before I...................

Hic.........well...... just take it back :) I want to try some of that Laphroig but whisky burns my tummy, and well two glasses of wine makes me tipsy... I am totally and utterly on my way to being drunk as a skunk..

Very important...drink plenty of water before going to bed and be sure to eat something. Stay hydrated at all times.

"Drink water, stay motivated"

-SGT Johnson U.S. Army

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take that back instantly Hiram.... before I, before I, before I...................

Hic.........well...... just take it back :) I want to try some of that Laphroig but whisky burns my tummy, and well two glasses of wine makes me tipsy... I am totally and utterly on my way to being drunk as a skunk..

Popular misconception -

Kids: skunks do not get drunk, mmkay?

Swedes get drunk.

And so do people with them.

Have you ever had that thing where you're drinking, and you're drunk, but you think that if you have another drink, you won't be drunk anymore, so you drink it? But then it doesn't make you not drunk anymore, it makes you more drunk?

That sucks.

What?

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Originally posted by Germanboy:

Hic..... wink.gif

This one is for Marcel.........

with love...........

(((((( CHEERS))))))))

awwwwwwwwwwww I miss you too much for my own good.......

I long time ago I was nominated Board Police by our good friend Jeff (of the Heidman variety), so I intend to fulfil this role in the Peng Thread, and if anyone steps out of line I shall come down on them (sit down bauhaus!!) like a ton of polystyrene beads and proceed to bore them into submission with a long-winded and toothless rebuttle (to quote Maximus) of their offending post. You have been threatened. =0

Originally posted by David Aitken:

I long time ago I was nominated Board Police by our good friend Jeff (of the Heidman variety), so I intend to fulfil this role in the Peng Thread, and if anyone steps out of line I shall come down on them (sit down bauhaus!!) like a ton of polystyrene beads and proceed to bore them into submission with a long-winded and toothless rebuttle (to quote Maximus) of their offending post. You have been threatened. =0

David............. I just stepped out of line. biggrin.gif

* HIC *

BTW Hiram....... WATER??????????

Originally posted by Chupacabra:

Popular misconception -

Kids: skunks do not get drunk, mmkay?

Swedes get drunk.

And so do people with them.

Have you ever had that thing where you're drinking, and you're drunk, but you think that if you have another drink, you won't be drunk anymore, so you drink it? But then it doesn't make you not drunk anymore, it makes you more drunk?

That sucks.

What?

I think i have that thing now....... still, I feel great, never felt better, and I can type easily, no problems seeing my keyboard as yet, I don;t think i am drunk, just sa little tipsy maybe,Its 1am and I am wide awake.. so don't go away you lot.... I need the company...........

David............. I just stepped out of line. biggrin.gif

* HIC *

BTW Hiram....... WATER??????????

Listen to me now, thank me later. And dump the frog, he's a loser.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Listen to me now, thank me later. And dump the frog, he's a loser.

Listen up you...... you........ you........

Hiram.

I will never dump that frog...... we may not last forever, but Marcel will always remain my best friend......So nothing you say will ever change that. biggrin.gif

Hiram....... WATER??????????

He's right. First time, actually.

I slam as much water as I can stand before crashing (never IN the precious 'phroaig), seems to help. If I remember. Come to think of it, who knows? Maybe I don't.

Anyway... I just poured #4, or so. More like so. Perhaps the Board Police will pull me over. I've been posting erratically for some time and wandering over the lines. I am tired of worrying about work, and the Thread, and where Moriarty's return setup is, so I'm drinking and typing like a teenie on graduation night. Or don't they do that anymore? Gawd, that was phun. 0 to 120 wpm in 12 seconds (milliminutes for you metrics). Caution to the winds, spellchecker off, let the caps fall where they may... damn, that was freedom. The roar of the cooling fans, the smell of the inkjet, the phosphor in your hair... Rob/1 is the James Dean of the CM generation, I tell ya.

Can I have an umlaut?

I said, CAN I HAVE AN UMLAUT, PEOPLE???

Originally posted by Mark IV:

He's right. First time, actually.

I slam as much water as I can stand before crashing (never IN the precious 'phroaig), seems to help. If I remember. Come to think of it, who knows? Maybe I don't.

Anyway... I just poured #4, or so. More like so. Perhaps the Board Police will pull me over. I've been posting erratically for some time and wandering over the lines. I am tired of worrying about work, and the Thread, and where Moriarty's return setup is, so I'm drinking and typing like a teenie on graduation night. Or don't they do that anymore? Gawd, that was phun. 0 to 120 wpm in 12 seconds (milliminutes for you metrics). Caution to the winds, spellchecker off, let the caps fall where they may... damn, that was freedom. The roar of the cooling fans, the smell of the inkjet, the phosphor in your hair... Rob/1 is the James Dean of the CM generation, I tell ya.

Can I have an umlaut?

Be my guest....... HAVE AN UMLAUT.... HELL HAVE TWO......

ermmmmmmmmmmmmm I know I am gonna regret asking, but here goes.......

whats a bloody UMLAUT????????????????

AND CAN I HAVE ONE?

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Waiting with baited breath.......... I may consider the water in about another hour or so.

Can I have an umlaut?

Üm, süre. Älthöügh I'm ä bit cönfüsed äs to why.

Okay. As I have probably been in college more recently than anyone else in this thread, here are the three main drunkenness cures. Two of which I am downing as quickly as possible at the moment.

1) Water. Yep. Drink lots of water. Take a piss. Drink some more water. Take another piss. Drink more.

2) Oranges. Don't ask me. Maybe it's the vitamin C, maybe it's the high water content, whatever. Just get some oranges out of the fridge and eat them.

3) Bread. This is the real beauty stuff. Soaks up alcohol once it hits the stomach. Stale bagels are amazing for this.

Okay. That's todays lesson. Back to water and oranges.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

[This message has been edited by Chupacabra (edited 02-03-2001).]

Üm, süre. Älthöügh I'm ä bit cönfüsed äs to why.

Okay. As I have probably been in college more recently than anyone else in this thread, here are the three main drunkenness cures. Two of which I am downing as quickly as possible at the moment.

1) Water. Yep. Drink lots of water. Take a piss. Drink some more water. Take another piss. Drink more.

2) Oranges. Don't ask me. Maybe it's the vitamin C, maybe it's the high water content, whatever. Just get some oranges out of the fridge and eat them.

3) Bread. This is the real beauty stuff. Soaks up alcohol once it hits the stomach. Stale bagels are amazing for this.

Okay. That's todays lesson. Back to water and oranges.

Will Fresh orange juice do? I have some baguettes will that work?

lol..........

Water.......... no prob there,

is that with or without the bailey's though?

nee-naaw nee-naaw nee-naaw nee

Allo allo allo, wot's goin' on 'ere then.

The problem with hangover cures is that you're always too hung over to remember that they don't actually work. Alcohol shuts off your fluid intake, so you can drink as much water as you like, but it'll just go straight through you. As Marky Mark points out, the solution is to drink water before you start on the alcohol.

And that'll be your final warning!

Constable Aitken

Board Police

------------------

Caution to the winds, spellchecker off, let the caps fall where they may... damn, that was freedom. The roar of the cooling fans, the smell of the inkjet, the phosphor in your hair... Rob/1 is the James Dean of the CM generation, I tell ya. – Mark IV

[This message has been edited by David Aitken (edited 02-03-2001).]

Couple dots over a letter, no biggie really, but they make Germanophiles feel at home. They also save "e"s which are protected here in Kalifornia.

For instance, you can write überthread, or ueberthread. Which looks cooler and more menacing? Which wastes the precious "e", without which English would be impossible?

Quod erat demonstrandüm.

Baguettes will be fine.

Orange juice is good too.

So is coffee.

Bailey's is probably bad at the moment.

I have a lovely warm french stick filled with pepperoni I also have a large glass of fresh orange juice...... I suddenly feel sleepy........ its almost 2.15am........ Tomorrow........

Sunday....... The French will beat the Scots at Rugby....... Marcel doesn't doubt that.. He will be there in person, I am hoping for a miracle though.... we will see.......... and on that note I say g'night, Hiram. Andreas, Chuppa and Mark. thanks for the company biggrin.gif

Scharfuss "S"?

What drove me nuts with German was gender. Why would the world's most logical, methodical language suddenly go bonkers over gender? I mean, more than the rest of us...

Having to memorize the artikel with the noun is an imposition I bitterly resent (not that I sent them in the first place). Latin, Spanish, Froggisch, Russki, whatever, you tell the gender by the ending, but Germisch, you gotta know or guess. No wonder they call them nemyetski.

Schlaff gut, Y2Kchen.

Originally posted by someone:

...and wonders if anyone misses him.

Who?

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

I have a lovely warm french stick filled with pepperoni...

Must avoid cheap joke, must resis...

How about a nice, thick kosher salami instead?

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

The setup is in your e-mail, and in an uncharacteristic display of charity, I have allowed you to play the Germans. Further, I am attacking, in snow.

Even the Lawyer could defend this one.

Flail on, Snakeboy. Because I am ALWAYS offensive, I am NEVER defensive.

May you sit in the narrow middle seat on your long flight to Dallas, squashed tightly between Trish, who's been meaning to go on a diet since 1972, and Roy with his hairy chest and back making a statement of Real Masculinity that he displays through the thin black net nylon ginny-T covering part of his nipples and not much more. If you're lucky, Roy will have gotten a refill of his Powerful He-Man Musk Oil that he JUST KNOWS will attract the Babe of his Dreams. Having seen your fine facial features on Lorak's site, I surmise that this could be your lucky Life Moment.

Please fasten your seat belt snugly for excitement, and eat a nasty meal for all of us.

------------------

Some days the sun just don't shine up a dog's behind.

-- Catfish Hunter

Scharfuss "S"?

What drove me nuts with German was gender.

I knew some maedchen like that....

But getting technical: I've been a homebrewer for years and a drunk much longer than that, so I commend to your attention:

1. Switch to Lagavulin.

2. Ditto, drink as much water as you can without puking; have a bottle next to the bed for middle-of-the-night (hard to walk at 3AM with someone slamming 16p nails into your skull...) needs.

3. Most importantly...B COMPLEX VITAMINS! PhysioGrog discussion to follow... regular 'Pooler please skip... besides dehydration, ethanol also shuts down your body's ability to convert foot to useable energy. To counteract this, when slamming all that water (above), take at least one (1) B-complex vitamin along with it (aside: if you're drinking homebrew, don't worry: there is sufficient yeast -- massively rich in B-complex -- to handle the problem).

4. As soon as you are able to move in the morning, take a shower and scrub yourself vigerously (no, NO! Bauhaus! Out of the shower! NOW!!!). As your body rids itself of the "waste products" of ethanol, your pores become quickly clogged... by scrubbing, your skin can breathe again.

By following these steps -- I kid you not -- you will feel much more like a human, and much less like Croda the next morning.

Of course, if you prefer to feel like Croda, then just smear yourself with Karo syrup and dive into a pile of maggots... no, wait, that's how Croda should feel....

------------------

"I send you a kaffis of mustard seed, that you may taste and acknowledge the bitterness of my victory."

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Hey Frosty Dude...I recently had to re-do my computer so I need your email. This is an excellent time for me to encourage people to keep their profiles up to date and accurate.

thank you and die

Hi ho Hiramanany ... OK I am all up to date. I unsure how or why you expect me to keep you constantly informed as to my location. I think it has to be pretty unhealthy.

Accurate profiles ? Thats a pretty big ask, methinks, given the fantasy land some of the regular posters around here appear to have immersed themselves in.

Including the "all the reserves (read all available units) I am keeping back in a corner will win the game once my one advancing infantry unit has savaged my opponent"-land you appear to be inhabiting at the moment.