Bergman Greyhound & M20 mod RELEASED!!

Now in Matt's hands (more or less, anyway, eh, Matt ;))

Comes the Greyhound...

M8Snow_Dawn.jpg

Comes the Cavalry...

M8_M20.jpg

As with all Marco's recent mods, this one is available in both high res and low res, and in both Plainpack flavor (CM Mod Manager compliant) and Fullpack flavor (multi-nationality with batch files, low-vis and Cav versions and loads of optional BMPs). "Snowy" Winter versions are included in all the packs.

Also released and new this time is a "ModBase" version, a plain, unadorned high res model, ready to be given unit markings, and kit as you see fit.

These should be available soon at CMHQ.

- Old Dog

PeterPanzer: the sky mods are done by me. They used be available, but it looks like the site that hosted them went down. No worries, though. I'm working on a bunch of new sky textures. I'm going put them and the ones I've already done in one big pack o' sky textures... I'll make an announcement in a few days. (for a tiny preview check out this thread over at the Band of Brothers website.

Marco: Nice greyhounds, by the way...

SurlyBen

Edit: Correction, the first sky mod (the pink and purple one) is mine, the second is not..

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: SurlyBen ]

surly ben:

...sweet mother of god! first rate work through and through....

please release these at the earliest opportunity! ...and for the love of things good and pure, give them to a reliable site.

...the last texture (overcast?) is simply the best i have ever seen, photorealistic - exceeds all expectations. ...pardon me here, but easy goes it with the violet on the summer versions...

have you considered applying your talents to other pieces of terrain? if not, that's a damn shame...

please keep us informed on your progress...

That's great news SurlyBen, I use your skies and they're the best around. Your Summer Dawn sky in particular is superb, I like it so much I've copied it in as my dawn sky for all seasons.

I hope you get the recognition from the CM community you deserve soon. If your new skies are as good as your previous efforts it will be a must have mod for me at least.

I find that it helps if you compliment him on his spiffy hairdo

MATT! MATT! MATT! Your Beautiferous Baldness is only exceeded by your love and generosity towards your fellow human beings. Your Folicless Fidelity is only outmatched by the golden gates of heaven itself. Your Palpatating Pate is an work of art carved from the ivory of the artisans of yore. Never have I seen such Nobleness and Aristocracy topped upon a Hairless, Halcyon, Head such as yours. You are the King of the Kojacks!! PLEEEEEASE post these soon I beggeth you on bended knee!

And they wonder why we're called Mod sluts...

<SLUT MODE OFF>

Mord

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Mord ]

Wow! Those look great! The "o" team (Marco & Fernando) come through again! :D I can't wait to get 'em.

Mod Manager users don't despair! With a little work, the "fullpack" (and all other mods) can be made MM compliant. Don't settle for the "plainpack." Get ALL of these excellent options.

If you already know how to do this, forgive me, and stop reading here. If not, here's how:

First, make sure you have a bmp listing so you know what you're working with. Here is a good place to get one if you don't already have it.

Combat Missions: BMP List

Dowload the full-pack mod and unzip it in a temp folder of your choice. Then, for this particular mod, I'd make a folder called "M8 Grhnd," and subfolders which correspond to the different options (US, LowVis, FF, etc) and extras (A/C recognition panels, etc).

Next, identify which bmp's are common to all options. These usually will be apparent as they will have no "extension" to the bmp name: ie. 1234.bmp instead of 1234_lowvis.bmp These commom bmps should be placed in EVERY options specific folder, but NOT the extras folders.

Next, copy option/extras-specific bmps into the appropriate folder. Once you are sure they are in the right place, rename them by eliminating the "extension" 1234_cav.bmp becomes 1234.bmp. Basically, we are placing complete bmp set for these vehicles in each folder options-specific folder; the extras folders will usually have only one or two bmp’s in them. MM loads these after the options folders have been loaded.. The bmp names should be the same in every folder, but the contents of each bmp will be different.

So, now we have a folder named M8 Grnhnd, which has subfolders filled w/bmps. I’d next copy any jpg’s into the main folder, as these will be used to make “previews” in MM. These jpg’s should be the only loose files in this folder. All the bmps should be in their respective sub-folders.

That’s it! Some cutting, pasting, re-naming, and we have a MM compliant mod. Now, just open the MM program, and follow the instructions included to “create” this new mod.

Oh, you can delete the batch files and icons as these are not needed w/MM.

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Four Stringer ]

Oh, if you are patient (or lazy), it is quite probable that this mod will eventually be released as fully MM compliant.

For example, when the Sdkfz 250/251 mods came out, I quickly MM-ized them. I think just yesterday they were re-released w/full MM compliant versions in addition to the batch-file version.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuperTed:

I find that it helps if you compliment him on his spiffy hairdo. tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eheh. :D

A certain person (think it was Lewis)told me the same thing over a year ago, and in my very first post (or one of the very first, I was a total forum newbie) I did just that. Ouch... As far as I can remember he didn't like it one bit at the time. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Four Stringer:

Wow! Those look great! The "o" team (Marco & Fernando) come through again! :D I can't wait to get 'em.

Mod Manager users don't despair! With a little work, the "fullpack" (and all other mods) can be made MM compliant. Don't settle for the "plainpack." Get ALL of these excellent options.

If you already know how to do this, forgive me, and stop reading here. If not, here's how:

First, make sure you have a bmp listing so you know what you're working with. Here is a good place to get one if you don't already have it.

Combat Missions: BMP List

Dowload the full-pack mod and unzip it in a temp folder of your choice. Then, for this particular mod, I'd make a folder called "M8 Grhnd," and subfolders which correspond to the different options (US, LowVis, FF, etc) and extras (A/C recognition panels, etc).

Next, identify which bmp's are common to all options. These usually will be apparent as they will have no "extension" to the bmp name: ie. 1234.bmp instead of 1234_lowvis.bmp These commom bmps should be placed in EVERY options specific folder, but NOT the extras folders.

Next, copy option/extras-specific bmps into the appropriate folder. Once you are sure they are in the right place, rename them by eliminating the "extension" 1234_cav.bmp becomes 1234.bmp. Basically, we are placing complete bmp set for these vehicles in each folder options-specific folder; the extras folders will usually have only one or two bmp’s in them. MM loads these after the options folders have been loaded.. The bmp names should be the same in every folder, but the contents of each bmp will be different.

So, now we have a folder named M8 Grnhnd, which has subfolders filled w/bmps. I’d next copy any jpg’s into the main folder, as these will be used to make “previews” in MM. These jpg’s should be the only loose files in this folder. All the bmps should be in their respective sub-folders.

That’s it! Some cutting, pasting, re-naming, and we have a MM compliant mod. Now, just open the MM program, and follow the instructions included to “create” this new mod.

Oh, you can delete the batch files and icons as these are not needed w/MM.

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Four Stringer ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, seems much easier just to use the batch files. Copy all files into the BMP folder--once you figure out what sort of options you want to use--then set up the shortcuts and you're done.