Yo Joe!

Allright you modders. I have a challenge for you. Can anyone create a G.I. Joe mod? You know, like the old cartoon? It would be G.I. Joe vs. COBRA. Imagine HISS tanks instead of Panthers! Those goofy blue COBRA troopers instead of Heer.

Ya, I realize this is the stoopidest thing you've read since the Woot kid, but hey, let a boy dream.

------------------

Woot! - Maximus2k

The New CessPool

Sadly enough, I actually love this idea....would love to see a MOBAT and VAMP. Too bad all the infantry would be generic on the Joe side. Would be nice to see the baddies, too.

Hmmmmm

Might be a way to have personalities on the "allied" side

American Airborne MMG = Rock and Roll

American infantry = Grunt

British 2-in Mortar = Short Fuze

American Bazooka = ZAP

Etc....

Cobra guys would have to be Volksturm, naturally, with their automatic weapons and low staying power....

Too bad the GI Joe stuff came out before Kitty was born, this could have been right up her alley....

Originally posted by Guy w/gun:

How old is Kitty? Im 20 and I remeber watching GI Joe reruns even into the 90's!

Ah, but I remember buying the comic book series in the first year of printing. Kitty was no doubt alive, I think I spoke in haste.

The best stories came out starting with issue 13 - it became like a soap opera, but I loved it. The series really degenerated when HASBRO came up with a million new action figures, and the comic book guys had to squeeze all these characters into their stories. I lost interest after a few years, but between issue 13 and maybe 70 were real gems. Special Missions was a great series too.

[This message has been edited by Michael Dorosh (edited 02-22-2001).]

A G.I.Joe vs. COBRA mod would be TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!

Joe could have that super cool motorcycle with the gatling-gun sidecar, one of the commanders for COBRA could be metal-faced Destro!

Man, some fun battles we could have....

------------------

And King Xerxes looked to King Leonidas and spoke. "Our Archers will rain arrows down upon you to blot out the sun."

And King Leonidas replied: "Then we will fight in the shade."

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

A G.I.Joe vs. COBRA mod would be TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!

Joe could have that super cool motorcycle with the gatling-gun sidecar, one of the commanders for COBRA could be metal-faced Destro!

Man, some fun battles we could have....

Motorcycle would be interesting, but we're limited to the models we have in CM....Destro would be cool, most definitely.

And COBRA signs on all the buildings...

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Ah, but I remember buying the comic book series in the first year of printing. Kitty was no doubt alive, I think I spoke in haste.

Ahem. I'm old enough. ;) Maybe too old because I don't have a clue what most of this stuff is you guys are talking about. MOBAT? VAMP?? =/ The GI Joes I remember stood about a foot tall, had fuzzy beards (brown, red, and yellow), drove bright yellow 6-wheeled cars, and the red-haired one was an astronaut and had a space capsule. =)

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source

The Unofficial Vic Bitter Website

Jesus Dress Up!

The McNoldy Group

I'm with you Kitty. Those names for the small ones don't mean anything to me either. Never had any but remember my nephew loved the cartoon. Millions of rounds fired but no one died. Think I was in college when they were popular. I dumped my collection of the 12" ones to friends in 1976 for nothing. I'm still kicking myself. frown.gif

You did forget to mention the helicopter that when the blades were spun really fast they would fly off and take an eye out.

cool.gif

------------------

War Is Heck !!!

GI Joe is one guy, what's the deal with that cartoon? I still remember getting a diving kit for my Joe, this was no sissy SCUBA deal mind you, he had a big divers helmet with the hose running to the surface and the lead boots and all, now that was GI Joe.

Yea right, and the real GI Joe didn't fight no maniacal supervillians in some cobbed-up contraptions. He fought for freedom against.. uh.. the enemy. And besides, he was lucky enough to be the same scale as Barbie. wink.gif I mean so he could drive her dune buggy when he wasn't fighting for freedom.

So I did a search for pictures of what I knew to be GI Joes but after reading this first part of a post from someone looking for info on a Joe he had bought I started laughing too hard to go on. =)

"I just picked up a naked black Action man/GI Joe at a flea market . . ."

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source

The Unofficial Vic Bitter Website

Jesus Dress Up!

The McNoldy Group

[This message has been edited by Kitty (edited 02-23-2001).]

What about doing a Thunderbirds mod, now that would be cool.

And Stuka don't get to harsh he's Canadian you know.

P.S.- Stuka you go down to Fortitude Valley alot?

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I have nothing else to say. Ya, quote that you rat bastards.

-Meeks

Yeah, and the GI Joe mod would gain authenticity because, in the GI Joe world, nobody ever actually died, regardless of how much ordnance was expended against them. I always liked how, during a battle, entire tank crews would bail out between the time the enemy fired and the time the tank was hit rolleyes.gif

On that note, an A-Team mod!! Again, nobody ever actually died. Only trouble is, which vehicle would get mod'd into the Big Black Van?

DjB

[This message has been edited by Doug Beman (edited 02-23-2001).]

For those of you wishing to relive the old, well not the old-old, just the old, G.I. Joe toys, check out www.yojoe.com . Pics of every figure and vehicle, plus all the old commercials available for download. A sweet site for those wishing to revisit their childhood (if their childhood involved the 1980's as mind did).

------------------

Woot! - Maximus2k

The New CessPool

I can still remember when Baroness and Destro were caught making out, how totally strange.

Stuka, we called them FIGURES not DOLLS! Even though, technically any object made in the likeness of a human being, only smaller is considered a DOLL, we boys referred to them as FIGURES okay!

Originally posted by scooleen:

I can still remember when Baroness and Destro were caught making out, how totally strange.

Stuka, we called them FIGURES not DOLLS! Even though, technically any object made in the likeness of a human being, only smaller is considered a DOLL, we boys referred to them as FIGURES okay!

Now, now, don't feed the trolls. How do you make out with a guy with a steel face? biggrin.gif

Thanks for link Croda - I used to have that one bookmarked.