And now for your viewing pleasure... Patch v1.12 is now ready

Guest Madmatt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Silencer:

--> 20mm gun in Lynx cannot fire on aircraft

I noticed that the 20mm gun in the German halftrack could also target an airplane. Could the barrel be elevated enough in the half-open turret?

I asked this same question in an earlier 1.12 patch thread.

The answer is yes --- the 20mm armed HT's and AC's were mounted with a turret specifically designed to allow them to engage aircraft.

Silencer:

I noticed that the 20mm gun in the German halftrack could also target an airplane. Could the barrel be elevated enough in the half-open turret?

yes. The standard 2cm/coax recon open turret setup (can't remember the designation) used for the PSW 222, 234/1 and elsewhere including the HT version you mention (250/9 IIRC) specifically provided for aiming at aircraft with the 2cm used in that turret's mount.

Maximus:

Tom, scenarios have always been forward compatible.

IIRC among other things there was a sniper / Flamethrower ammo problem in one upgrade, or remember the american halftrack ammo problem?

Originally posted by Madmatt:

* Pillboxes have slightly better 'reaction time' and are slightly less easier

to spot at long range. It is also somewhat harder to hit their firing slits

from longer ranges.

* Fixed a bug that allowed tungsten rounds to be overly effective against

highly-sloped armor.

* Data changes:

- Sherman Jumbo speed, turret rotation, and some armor values lowered.

Pro-Axis Bias?

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

[b

Maximus:

Tom, scenarios have always been forward compatible.

IIRC among other things there was a sniper / Flamethrower ammo problem in one upgrade, or remember the american halftrack ammo problem?

Thanks Hofbauer

There was a known problem with ammo in commonwealth half tracks that were saved in one of the previous patches.

Perhaps I am mistaken but I think it would be prudent if all scenario designers took the time to open and save all their custom designed scenario in v1.12 to insure accuracy and playbility in the final verision.

Or am I just plain wrong on this one?

I mention this because some "updated" scenario's came with the patch in the download "implying" IMHO that saving all custom designed scenarios in v1.12 format is "suggested". smile.gif

Maximus? What do you think?

-tom w

Originally posted by -Havermeyer-:

quote:

Originally posted by Madmatt:

* Pillboxes have slightly better 'reaction time' and are slightly less easier to spot at long range. It is also somewhat harder to hit their firing slits from longer ranges.

* Fixed a bug that allowed tungsten rounds to be overly effective against highly-sloped armor.

* Data changes:

- Sherman Jumbo speed, turret rotation, and some armor values lowered.

Pro-Axis Bias?

* 20mm gun in Lynx cannot fire on aircraft.

* Fixed a bug that made the TacAI hesitant to give targeting orders to the

rearward-firing Archer.

Pro-Allied Bias?

[This message has been edited by M Hofbauer (edited 02-09-2001).]

* Quick Battles have a new "unrestricted" force type.

Pro-QB Bias?

* Smoke usage logic tweaked.

Pro-Logic Bias?

* Fixed a bug (introduced in v1.1) where simultaneous cease-fire requests by both players in play by email could lead to a crash.

* Fixed a bug so that the computer will never place antitank mines in woods.

* Fixed a bug that made hotseat mutual cease-fires activate one turn later than they should.

* Fixed a bug that could cause a game previously (partly) played as PBEM, but subsequently reloaded as TCP/IP to "lose" minefields and barbed wire.

* Fixed a bug that made the TacAI hesitant to give targeting orders to the rearward-firing Archer.

* Fixed a bug that occasionally showed FOs having a "label" showing JAM.

Pro-Fixing Bias?

Great job, Steve and Charles. smile.gif And also thanks to the testing team.

CM was the best when it came out, but these various patches have really

put a fine polish on this historic wargame.

I take it from the list of changes made that the error in the armor of

the late JgPz IV (L48) that Mattias has been going on about hasn't been corrected?

Until CM2, then...

Gentlemen, please take a moment to reap the satisfaction of accomplishment. You have changed an industry...I rather think fundamentally...and, in the process, delivered the type of game many of us started futzing with Heathkits to play. I remember my first run-in with an (I think) VAX hookup at UI-Evansville back in the summer of 1978. It played this text-only horse-racing sim. I've never looked back. Few games have reminded me of those times...Conflict in Vietnam (I will one day PUNISH Hasbro), Computer Ambush, M-1 Tank Platoon (Amiga), and, now CM:BO.

Thanks and best regards,

Jim

------------------

"Watching others make friends, as a dog makes friends. I mark the manner of these canine courtesies and say, 'Thank God, here comes another enemy'" -- Rostand