CM II- DEMO (dont do it)

If you are like me you played the CMBO demo months before the first pre-orders were shipped. I think I was hoping that if I played CHANCE ENCOUNTER more than 100 times the STUG's would somehow transform into tigers or panthers.

While it was not a complete version of the game, when I finally recieved my copy, much of the initial suprise factor was lost (except for the expanded TO&E). Although, most games have a life of about 1-2 months on my PC, CMBO has been there for almost a year.

Therefore I vow not to play (or even download)the CM II demo (if there is going to be one). I want to be fully surprised the first time I put the CD in my drive. To that end I vow not even to purposely look at a screenshot of any new vehicles or terrain.

:cool:

If there will be a CM2 demo, I will certainly use it.

The CM demo is the reason why I purchased this game in the first place. I knew it was just a demo, but it was still a great game as such. I knew it didn't have all the units, or scenarios, but it just whet my appetite for more...

So I forked out the money to buy the game.

I am looking forward to seeing the demo for CM2, and for CM25: Above and Beyond.

smile.gif

Easy for you to say.

My little kid gotta have it right away brain can't take that kind of delayed gratification. If there is a Demo I plan on playing it constantly, and having all available screenshots framed and hung in my bedroom so they are the last thing I see before I go to sleep.

I am sure my wife won't object.

If you already own CMBO then you know how great it is and how much better CMOB (Combat Mission Operation Barbarossa) will be. Hey BTS like the name!!!

Just think of the total surprise that you will enjoy when you play it for the first time.

Anyway, I will satisfy all of my CM desires with the original until CM II is final.

Alot of companies release the demo after the game has been released.

Of course, BTS is not like alot of companies.

But, if there is a demo, not playing it would be like not having a smoke and coffee in the morning, or having a beer after work, or not picking up a $5.00 dollar bill laying in the street.

To much pressure man, to much.

You know, having a bunch of people playing both the Beta Demo and the actual 1.0 game demo helped BTS to uncover a number of bugs for the release version. It just ended up making the game that much better.

It was the Gold Demo that made me buy CMBO. I look forward to any new demos. The main reason I will download the CMII demo is because I'm curious if it will even work on my computer. Might be time for an upgrade!

I'm also very curious as to how you could improve the greatest game since Steel Panthers. Can it be done?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cybeq:

I'm also very curious as to how you could improve the greatest game since Steel Panthers. Can it be done?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, that sure can be done !

When Steel Panthers came out, i never thought that something better could be. And BTS did it... Now i never say 'never' ;)

Cafard.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by olebooya:

If you are like me you played the CMBO demo months before the first pre-orders were shipped. I think I was hoping that if I played CHANCE ENCOUNTER more than 100 times the STUG's would somehow transform into tigers or panthers.

While it was not a complete version of the game, when I finally recieved my copy, much of the initial suprise factor was lost (except for the expanded TO&E). Although, most games have a life of about 1-2 months on my PC, CMBO has been there for almost a year.

Therefore I vow not to play (or even download)the CM II demo (if there is going to be one). I want to be fully surprised the first time I put the CD in my drive. To that end I vow not even to purposely look at a screenshot of any new vehicles or terrain.

:cool:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a way, you could say that CMBO WAS your CMB2B Demo! smile.gif I, however, am a gaming addict/slut, and will probably get no sleep the first night the CMB2B demo is available.

But, hey, that's me. :D

Bart

Guest ckoharik

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Suh-weeet! One less person to clog the bandwidth so I *can* download and play the he][ out of the demo. I think it should be every members duty to torment poor olebooya with juicy descriptions of the demo until he breaks down and gets it. :D

It would be nice if they released the demo with a small infantry action and something with mainly tanks.

It would show that alot of the issues have been addressed and premier the updated (hopefully) AI and graphics/interface.

Panzer Boxb

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I think it should be every members duty to torment poor olebooya with juicy descriptions of the demo until he breaks down and gets it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will resist the futile actions of those with no willpower.

I like the "surprise" factor also but I'm definitly going to play the CMII demo. I feel that feedback from us players will help make the final version a better game. If BTS didn't release a demo of CMBO then the game we are all playing today would be a lot different.

Therefore I think it is in all of our best interests to play and test the demo when it comes out.

Heh heh.

I just had a brilliant idea. (don't tell anyone)

I am going to download the CM2 demo, but I won't tell any of my opponents.

Then, I'll start using it in the middle of the games we are playing.

Won't they be surprised when they see my Sherman tanks transformed into T-34s, and my Pershings into JS-2s!

Instant AFV upgrade! S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E !!!

Nothing will stop me! NOTHING!

Giark giark giark....

:rolleyes:

Un-lurking…

There must be a CM2 demo. Remember the feeding frenzy that accompanied the original gold demo? The ever growing thread of death? The massive server overload? I remember it well… Must have demo! Must have demo now!

I want to pre-order my copy now in order to minimize my wait for my copy. I’d even be willing to pre-pay on my pre-order.

Re-lurking…

Lurker

Guest ckoharik

Panzer BoxbI will resist the futile actions of those with no willpower.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Resistance is futile... :D

Aw krikey! You said it yourself, I have no willpower.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

Well I downloaded the CM2 demo and it rocks...

Go get it and have fun while waiting<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't start the crap again! BTS (he drops to his knees and begs) let there be a CM2 demo! And if there isn't one :eek: :eek: :eek: !