Mod Requests?

In light of the recent mod requests (and them being done). I was thinking is there anything that really needs attention? Place your requests here and hopefully a modder will pick it up and run with it. May even give inspiration for would-be-modders to give it a go.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panther.

A high-res, high-detail Panther with the German army yellow paint as base and some camo painted on it. Just like Ferdinandos lates PzIV mod spin2.gif

[ 05-04-2001: Message edited by: Kekk1 ]

As wonderful as F.J.Carerra's Panthers are I yearn for some great Panther textures with the "ambush scheme."

An updated, hi-res uniform for the Waffen-SS. For some reason I still prefer the full camouflage outfit (camouflaged blouse/trousers) of the original CM version, but of course it is low-res. Until then, DD's unis are it.

A corrected, hi-res uniform for the Fallschirmjager. There's already a correct FJ texture out there but it's low-res.

The Pershing needs a hi-res update badly. If it's gonna burn, at least make it look good while doing so. :D

I am looking for a non camo M7 Priest. I know Tiger has one, I think, or it might be somebody else, but I can not find it at all. Manx's site has Tigers camo version, but I am looking for the more historical look of non camo. I know I have seen this somewhere, i just cant remember anyone reasing it. Anybody know?

[ 05-04-2001: Message edited by: Panther131 ]

Ahh a topic that I can really indulge in! Allied AA guns, Allied truck and the wasp.

Mord.

Oh and a Field Grau of the Waffen SS uni would be cool. Hires of course. I have one but it doesn't match the DD Unis I use. Hint Hint DD.

smile.gif

[ 05-04-2001: Message edited by: Mord ]

I second the request for Panther G and Panther G late. I like Audace's Panther A, but for the others I didn't find anything I really liked. I just want much yellow with some bi or tricolor brown and olive, but not too much. I don't like battered or muddy much, since the environment doesn't match.

There is a new carrier/wasp at the last defense. http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/Mods/Alliedarmorpages/Alliedarmormods.html

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panther131:

I am looking for a non camo M7 Priest. I know Tiger has one, I think, or it might be somebody else, but I can not find it at all. Manx's site has Tigers camo version, but I am looking for the more historical look of non camo. I know I have seen this somewhere, i just cant remember anyone reasing it. Anybody know?

[ 05-04-2001: Message edited by: Panther131 ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've sent off the non-camo version of my hi res M7 Priest to Madmatt for posting (along with the various winter flavors). The DFDR version (British and US-North Africa) should be available soon as well.

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Another vote for the Bren Carrier (Carrier/Wasp/MMG Carrier) series. These are a very common sight and definitely need work. The only Mod I've been able to source is a dedicated Canadian Version on the now defunct Canadian CMBO site.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you check my site?

Bren Carrier Mod - brown paint, bottom of page under the Shermans

[ 05-04-2001: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mord:

Ahh a topic that I can really indulge in! Allied AA guns, Allied truck and the wasp.

Mord.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allied Truck is forth coming. Check my thread about "Tired of bland-looking Allied Trucks?"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Horncastle:

Is there a white scout car out there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feldgrau is working on one. I have a evaluation copy. They are pretty good. Good amount of detail, but just a little shy of Marco's preciseness. He's still figuring out if his commonwealth color scheme needs worked on. US and FF versions look real good.

Redwolf - thanks for the link, I hadn't spotted that one. The carriers are a definite improvement although lo-res and possibly a little too light green. Most of the popular Brit/Can/Pol mods have been dark green or green/black so for me these look slightly out of place but I'm certainly going to use them from now on smile.gif

Michael - LOL! I can't recall the exact thread which I read of the demise of your site (Sidewalk Sale thread?) but I just assumed it was closed. The carriers are excellent with great detail on the unit markings in particular. Being the choosy and probably a-historical git I am I left them alone because they were brown :rolleyes:

I can't remember the name of the guy but as someone famous said after he read his own obituary in The Times - Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!

I second the request for a Hi-res Pershing tank. Tiger's low-res is good and it beats the original but a good Hi- res would make this tank look much better. Oh yes - with a white star on the front and turret sides. :D

I really want a pavedroad mod that is similar to the CM original, but with road markings (First annual US vs Wehrmacht races!) Also, a mod for German helmet markings would be cool.

Thanx,

Jake

There's a great Hi-res mod for the allied field guns. CMHQ is one place to stop by to check for it. Also, Tiger made a set for the German guns. Combat Missions I believe has them.

If your ATGs are gonna die, at least make them do so and look good at the same time! :cool:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JAK:

I really want a pavedroad mod that is similar to the CM original, but with road markings (First annual US vs Wehrmacht races!) Also, a mod for German helmet markings would be cool.

Thanx,

Jake<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JAK, the problem with having markings I think for helmets is that the textures are shared with the other units, i.e.FJ, Waffen-SS, etc. It's bad in particular since the Gebirgsjager use a "cap." Having helmet emblems on the side doesn't exactly look right. A batch system can fix this somewhat, but if you have a joint-service of FJ, Heer, Waffen-SS (or any such service combination) then even a batch system will run into limitations.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mord:

Daimler and Humbar definately need a "Jenny Makeover"!

Mord<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you miss PawBroon's nice Hi-Res Humbar Scout Car mod? I think it is posted on CM Outpost, or at least it was. ;)

Anyway, Marco is working on some really nice Greyhounds and M20s. Rick Klein and I just finished up the Allied Truck mod and I beleive Marco might tackle the Pershing, Chaffee or Allied TDs next.