Stukas over Disneyland- the second SoCal CM meeting

Howdy all,

What say we solidify some plans for the second meeting. Who is planning on coming? The 27th had been mentioned as a date, how does this work for everyone? Any ideas as to location(I like the BBQ idea)? San Diego is fine...but as the title implies I'm from OC so going northward works too. Speak up lads, let's see if we can come up with a workable plan.

Thumpre(The Two headed)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THumpre:

Howdy all,

What say we solidify some plans for the second meeting. Who is planning on coming? The 27th had been mentioned as a date, how does this work for everyone? Any ideas as to location(I like the BBQ idea)? San Diego is fine...but as the title implies I'm from OC so going northward works too. Speak up lads, let's see if we can come up with a workable plan.

Thumpre(The Two headed)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm from Arcadia so I'm thinking driving down to San Diego would NOT be an option. I'd go down to Orange County though if that's where it took place. Would like to see it a little north of there if possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fieldmarshall:

I am in Claremont and have no time what so ever to go to San Diego, lets have the meeting at the turf club at Santa Anita, thats something I could do...

--Field<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great choice! Count me in. But the 27th is no good because of all the Halloween parties coming up. Can we make it the following weekend after Halloween?

So riddle me this...

How are you going to get Stuka over Disneyland anyway???

I suppose if you rented a helo you could fly him over DL... Or if you built a large catapult, that might work. Of course, Stuka would only be over DL for a brief moment, then he would be on DL if you catch my drift.

You wacky West-Coasters and your Goofy ideas...

[edited due to the influence of Dalwhinnie...]

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: Herr Oberst ]

The contracts are as yet unsigned but it seems I will be working the weekend of the 27th. Haven't heard anything about the weekend after so I might be able to go then.

Orange county is acceptable for me. Somewhere nearby to crash out after the festivities would be nice though. Can anyone in the area host a 'LAN sleepover drinkathon'???

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

How are you going to get Stuka over Disneyland anyway???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, airfares from east coast Australia run in at around $1600 AUS which is about 3 of your Amerkin pesetas.

So pass the hat 'round gents and the ole

Stukemeister will be only too pleased to attend your little swaree.

(I might even slip the 747 pilot a few bucks to pass right over Disneyland just to make you happy)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> (I might even slip the 747 pilot a few bucks to pass right over Disneyland just to make you happy) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad idea Stuka...He might think you're trying to hi-jack the plane and crash it into Cinderella's castle...

Gyrene

Okay, okay....we return you to our regularly scheduled programing...mainly when and where are we going to meet? Several people have said the 27th isn't good for them, how about the next weekend? The Northern Southern Californian Enclave seem to be lobbying for...well, north. Of course the Southern Southern Califorian Combine want, need I say it, south. As a member of the Middle Southern Californian Hegenmony I don't care so long as I don't have to drive too far-(although, Newport is nice this time of year....) Perhaps we can come to some kind a group/hive mind kind of a decision. Or perhaps we can just argue about for a while. And as far as Either Stuka or Mace showing up, fine me so long as they have had all of their shots :D

Thumpre

I just about fell over when I saw "Stukas Over Disneyland"...there was a local band in L.A. (I grew up there) called The Dickies which had an album of the same name (the cover showed a Stuka over a terrified Mickey Mouse, as I recall)...Is that what the reference is to?

Hilarious!

Frank