Please everyone look at this

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and by the way please no cheating. Last time I did this over 2 years ago or maybe it was closer to 3 years ago now anyway some wise guys posted twice. Any one caught cheating this time will be...........Well, they'll be called cheaters and made fun of plus I will see if BFC will band them from this forum plus see if we can't take their computer away from them. So that should take care of anyone thinking about cheating. Dang, 4 guys from NY too. A tie. But since Texas is bigger we're still ahead. ;) Oh excuuuuuse me Dandelion. What's with this Old Europe business? Either tell us or you go down as being from Iraq. So Formy you want to go down as Mass. do you? Fine. Mass. it is then. So Egypt and Netherlands are tied for second place so far. So , Cpl. Carrot people really live in New Zealand? tongue.gif;) Well I guess everybody can't be a Yank. :D Private joke guys just ignore. Mexico alright! and good old Slovenia. Where in the world is Slovenia. I can't find it. Oh I see I have an old world map. :D

Mr Dvorak is being far too modest. You should go there Lee, if you have the time.

Slovenia is a country of forested mountains South of Austria, along the roots of the Alps. Like Croatia, she is catholic. The whole country looks like something out of a fairytale. I can truthfully say I have not seen her like anywhere, with dramatic narrow valleys, mountain streams and sylvan forests.

Ljubljana, the capitol, looks like a picture on a christmas greeting card. I am not sure of what it means, but as Ljuba means love I am sure it means something nice.

I used to live in Vienna when I noticed the grace and beauty of slovenian women (I was younger then). It turned out to be a well recognised fact among the Viennese.

First time I crossed the border to Slovenia was when she was still Yugoslavia. The harassing, utterly corrupt border guards were unable to dimnish the sight of this small country though. It was literally breathtaking. I remember thinking that this would be a good place to settle. Once the guards were gone.

As it was, Slovenia won her freedom rather peacefully during my years in Vienna, the guards went away and she focused on recovering a promising but underdeveloped economy. There were no jobs to be found, especially with my very restricted understanding of the language.

So I settled with a Swedish woman instead, by the lakeshores of Mälaren.

Always did have a soft spot for Slovenia though, I dare say you won't find as friendly, accomodating and hospitable people anywhere else in Europe, except maybe in some of the other Balkan countries. I hope all is well with her, it is now five years since last I visited.

I like the term Old Europe, Lee. As I like the term Old World. It lends the dignity of age and serenity of memory to our far too busy modern life. It also helps me to answer the question where I am from, which keeps reappearing here ;)

Not sure what to answer. My family is largely German, though initially Walloon immigrants to Germany. But there are Norwegian and Swedish branches too, as well as the obligatory branch of immigrants to the USA. I have lived in Germany, Norway, Austria, Hungary and presently live mostly in Sweden. I feel...European. But you can think of me as German or Swedish, I certainly do not mind either of the two.

Anyway, I doubt that anyone in Iraq will be able to post here for a while.

Regards

Dandelion

No, no... no hijacking. Just trying to see if I could remember any of the Danish I learned while dating a Danish girl from Copenhagen a few years back. Her dad runs (or ran) the Bording School there, if you've heard of it.

Oooops, that does look a little like hijacking now, don't it? SORRY!!!!!

Oh, goody! A poll-like thingy! And I haven't come in here for months!

That'd be Eindhoven, the Netherlands.

That's four Dutchmen up 'til now! Gosh, we do get around, don't we. And it's even smaller than Texas! ;)

Editted curz eye Kent spel. :(

[ April 01, 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]