CM still$45 with CM2 comming out???

LOL. Well CMBB may still 6 months away yet. BTS haven't given a date only "around" the end of the year-early next year.

It still costs them the same to manufacture it and the more money they make the happier they will be so we will get CMBB quicker smile.gif

$45 is a small price to pay for the enjoyment CMBO brings. One night out on the town will set you back just as much.

Cost of CM $45 plus shipping.

Money spent on games since delivery of game to my door over a year ago: $0.

Money spent upgrading computer to play CM: $800. Projected money to upgrade for CM2: $500.

So as you can see, I've spent $1300 to play CM. The cost of the game is best characterized as a marginal one. So I wouldn't buy it or the next one, obviously.

BTS should sell video cards and memory chips at this site too! Write a specific driver for the card so its CM-optimized!

This website costs money as does the other reseach, etc. maybe they will cut the cost after CMBB to kill off the remaining stock.

I think CM is worth double the $$. I have not found another game that I am willing to play, day after day, and leave hundreds of dollars worth of other programs sitting in their cases. I play the other games, enjoy them, get bored and then end up playing only CM consistently.

jwxspoon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stixx:

LOL. Well CMBB may still 6 months away yet. BTS haven't given a date only "around" the end of the year-early next year.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think is still 6 months... BTS was saying along the lines of This winter or early spring.

Crap, just personally, if CMBB were going to make CMBO obsolete or something, then yeah, I could see a price break, but since it will have some additional features and tweaks and deal with a different theatre, I see the two titles as complementary rather than sequential.

Further, just an educated guess here, but based on the increase in forum posters over the past couple of months, I'd say CMBO's sales are accelerating (I know I've contributed to some of that through recommendation on numerous message boards). A lot of people have never even heard of CMBO and it is primarily through word of mouth that its existence is learned.

Obviously, just speculation here, but I would think CMBO should sustain its appeal, to a large extent, due to its offering of a different theatre than CMBB. I just don't see any reason to cut the price on it.

I am holding off my urges to invest in the full version.....

valiently as I may...I am doomed to fall.

This only goes to my interest in this game and willingness to supportg their cause.

New releases are delayed for long periods of time and this shoud easily take the place of close combat and sudden strike on my Hard Drive.

Frankly, it says a lot about the game when it can hold value for such a long period of time. This is furthered by all of the freebies that mods are offering.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Echo:

Only game I've bought in the last year and a half, and I still play it every day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I recieved CM a little over a year ago, and I still play it almost every day. No other PC or console game even comes close to having that much replay value. hence, it's well worth the $45+.

I bought this game back in November.....IT is the ONLY game I have ever played that I have played this long without getting even a tatch board..sure there will be the two or three day lulls when I have other stuff to do...but this game never seems to develope the motontony the others do..since I bought CM I have only bought one other game...totaling my favorite game list to Three from the many games I own..now I only play these three...CM being #1...I must say, the best $45 I have ever spent in my life...also SUPURB manual!

I still think the one thing missing from the never ending wish list, and the most important I might add, is the pretty box cover.

By Golly, how can you have a good movie without a good trailer?!? How can one judge a book without a cover? I know I myself have a closet full of games long since removed from my hard drive, many just after install.

Yet, despite it all there are all them fancy boxcovers. All stacked up where I can see them, admire the artwork, and imagine what the game might have been before some corporate nimrod got ahold of it.

Why, it'd be worth a buck or two just to have a picture of Steve's puss on the front cover so's we could all match it to the postings. :D

Guest Panzer Boxb

I am surprized BTS has not RAISED the price.

Still interesting to this day, no other games purchased..........

Behold. The lurker returns. And whatzup with my multiple profiles and member ID. Oh, well.

-Mike Z. :D

I think people are thinking CMBB will be updating or replacing CMBO. They will be completely different games (as far as Eastern Front and Western Front). I can't imagine BTS dropping the price at all when CMBB comes out. When board game companies come out with different games... even if they do use the same rule sets, the price of the other game doesn't drop.

They are different games and will sell side by side. BTS would be silly to stop selling CMBO when CMBB comes out, what if people want to play Western front instead of the Eastern Front (I can't imagine why ;) ). The only time CMBO and CMBB will stop being sold is after CMII engine rewrite and they get around to remaking BO and BB with the new engine. ... and that will be years away.. after North Africa and Italy and the Early campaign in the West.

Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I still think the one thing missing from the never ending wish list, and the most important I might add, is the pretty box cover.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bruno, then hop over to Germany and get yourself a boxed German version smile.gif Cool box, too.

As for a discount price - I don't see how the value of CM1 is reduced just because there is a CM2. As the others said, these games complement each other more than being a sequel. However, if and when CM1 would be offered discounted, I am sure it would happen some time after CM2 is released, certainly not a few months before. And it might not happen at all - discounts are really a retail thing to clean the shelves, and I see no shelves here. smile.gif

Fixed link: http://www.cdv.de/shop/neu.php3

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: Moon ]

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: Moon ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Username:

...maybe they will cut the cost after CMBB to kill off the remaining stock.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt that... or at least for that reason. Since they are different games... CMBB not just being an upgraded CMBO. I'll bet they keep selling both as complimentary games. I know I'll play both, not BB just because it is newer. They may discount the price because it's older and has older graphics compared to the newer game, but if it's still selling, they have no reason to drop the price.

Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moon:

Cool box, too.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but, "Angriff ist die beste Verteidigung?" Isn't that sort of cheesy? tongue.gif Also misleading wrt the actual game. What about "Verteidigung ist die beste Verteidigung?" Or even better, "Artillerie ist die beste Verteidigung." smile.gif

Not to mention fear, surprise, and a fanatical devotion to the Pope. :D