sdkfz 234/4

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Molotov:

will this awsome vehicle be included in CMBB? :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no way for us to know. BTS has not given us a vehical list, and they most likely wont for some time yet.

As I recall from a previous thread, this vehicle will not be in CMBB. There has been alot of somewhat negative pushback on the Puma being included given its also restricted production numbers and the tendency to have them included in many QBs. The short barreled version is already in CMBO.

109 Gustav posted 04-14-2001 02:49 PM                  

according to AFV Interiors http://www.kithobbyist.com/AFVInteriors/234/234a.html only 89 Sd.Kfz. 234/4 were built, and many didn't reach the troops by the end of the cease fire. It would be nice to see, though.

Mattias posted 04-08-2001 04:15 AM    

The Puma is in because it was one of the very first vehicles BTS made.

Later on in the design process time became more of a factor and priorities had to be made. Thus some vehicles that would have been just as qualified as the Puma, by numbers deployed, was left out. Among those the 234/4.

And that particular one would no doubt have been found pretty far down the list in any event.

redwolf posted 05-30-2001 05:30 PM                  

SdKfz 234/1: 200

SdKfz 234/2: 101

SdKfz 234/3: 88

SdKfz 234/4: 89

This link is to a short interchange about the 251/22 halftrack with the same 75mm cannon. Although not a lock on the 234/4 not making it, I doubt it will. http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=015418

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: kmead because he cannot typr for shtute]

[ 07-30-2001: Message edited by: kmead ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kmead:

...There has been alot of somewhat negative psuback on the Puma being included given its also restructed production numbers and the tendency to have them included in many QBs...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This problem will be alleviated by the inclusion of an optional rarity factor in CMBB.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grunto IV:

i read somewhere that the long 75 on this vehicle had a tendency to warp the chassis when fired.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know I've read the same thing, but I'll be damned if I can remember where. Apparently the gun just had too much recoil for it to handle.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Molotov:

Would it be possible to make a mod or are tanks and vehicles hard coded in?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All 3D models and data are compiled, or as we say here "hard-coded", into the executable. This somewhat optimizes the coding. Because the models themselves have several real-color bitmaps per model unlike some games that have the entire model's texture compiled into one or two 256-color optimized bitmaps.