I got your peng penny and now I am going away!!!! New CM2 Pics @ CMHQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, the shots make excellent wallpaper too (especially the one with Soviet infantry attacking with the T-34's).

How about some shots of the T-34/85, IS-2(textured), Elephant(textured), and SturmTiger???

The T-34 looks fine the way it is. Neat that they've already improved the texture from what we see here.

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Commissar ]

Guys, just letting you know that I have re-uploaded the four full sized pictures as I thought the ones up initially were a little TOO optimized and not of good enough quality.

These new versions are a little larger but more clear.

Enjoy....Again..

Madmatt

*sniff* I've...waited...so...long

*bursts into tears*

Gosh is that ever good looking. The uniforms are a bit blurry, but if they are not fixed up by the staff, I am almost positive that 5 minutes after the game's release we will have about 16 different hi-res version available.

Oh, and the interface is very nicely done...grenades tracked...fitness status...nice pic...cool looking arrows and style...Deanco thought of everything smile.gif

[rant mode on]

Yeah OK, all you bastiches that play and like the stock CMBO graphics, whatchya gonna do when CMB2B comes out? You gonna want old CMBO style graphics in yours?

IMNSHO, everybody that is content with stock graphics is like saying "Oh, I'm too lazy to either download new ones, too stupid to install them, or too stubborn to upgrade to a whopping 16MB card." Jesus people, you're holding back progress. Well what can I expect from a board full of conservative ex-Military members.

[Maximus ducks and runs for cover]...INCOMING!!!

LOL!

Well, that's just what I think about people who fit the above classification. I mean people want the best graphics possible in their type of game, and don't tell me you don't, cause you do. Anyway, here we have have CMBO a year after its release and there is a mod for everything and people still use the stock graphics. It's like "Gee, I like good graphics, there's some out there that are WAY better, but I think I won't use them just because they don't really improve the feel of the game." To that I say, "BULL****!" You can't tell me that playing a game of CM with the stock graphics and one with Magua's Normany mod is not a totally different experience. If you don't think so, you're missing out on what 70% of the game of Combat Mission really is. If you play all of your games from View #4, then what are you doing playing the game in the first place? Go back to CC or Steel Panthers or something. The greatest thing about CM is that you can get down on the ground with your troops. Hell, one of my favorite views is padlocked to a tank in View#1 and then using the 8x Zoom to watch it shoot at other tanks.

Really, and for those that still wanna push the bare minimum system specs, please. Go spend another $50 and buy you a modern video card with at least 32MB RAM.

[/rant mode off]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

Oh, and where did you guys get that stylin' pic of the Soviet soldier? I know you guys usually get it from actual WW2 pics, but this one seems recent, almost.

Did one of you pose in an ushanka (the name of the soviet hat, with the ear flaps)? :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The picture seems more painted than a photo. Sort of like the original portraits with CM1.

For those who need to know, the Russian armoured car is a BA-10 with a 45mm cannon, and next to it is a truck mounted 37mm AA gun - unfortunately for het Russians it wil not be a gamey superweapon!! :D

One question I have - there was a model of the 251 (and 250 I think) that had a 37mm pak mounted in place of the mg - it was supposed to be the platoon commander's vehicle in a Pz Gren platoon. Will it be in there?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Commissar:

The picture seems more painted than a photo. Sort of like the original portraits with CM1.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you may be right Commissar. Although I must say that the interface picture in the tank shot (the T-34's advancing with troops behind them) looks very realistic. Maybe they used Photoshop to "stick" some old eqipment on some randomly photographed Russian people, lol...

Damn nice Pics, I can't get enough of em.

I really like the Russian inf. charging with those T-34's. NICE!

The interface is awesome, nice work Deanco, nice work indeed!

One question though, what are those yellow bars around the tank display on the interface bar. The small picture next to the ammo indicator? Are those bars just there as a visiual kinda thing or do they represent something.

Are those shields? :D

And Maximus, take it easy, but I do agree with you. People do need to upgrade!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22:

And Maximus, take it easy, but I do agree with you. People do need to upgrade!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. :D Just had a wild hair up my ass. But yeah, that's really all I'm trying to say. Just upgrade a little bit and quit trying to get by with 3-4 year old hardware. With the price of AMD systems and 32MB Geforce cards there's no reason why one can't afford to spend a little money on an upgrade especially if the old saying still goes, "CM will, in the long run, save you money from purchasing really bad games." So spend that money that you would spenbd otherwise on some new hardware.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Really, and for those that still wanna push the bare minimum system specs, please. Go spend another $50 and buy you a modern video card with at least 32MB RAM.

[/rant mode off]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must we point out that all of us don't have $50 to spend like that. In my case I have to use my parents computer and... well they don't want me messing with it and doing things like buying good things like upgrades... don't know why but thats the way life is. Thats my 50 cents.

I bought my GeForce 256 a year ago, which cost me only 70 bucks. I haven't checked the price recently, but I bet it's way down. Even a GeForce 2 is now down to 100-150 bucks, which I consider cheap.

I am buying the GeForce 3 when it comes down a bit. Right now it's 400, but soon it will drop. By the time CM2 comes out. the GeForce 3 will be at 250 or less.

Oh well.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Okay, I am leaving you all to spend some time with some naked cabana boys behind... See ya next week!

Raul! Pass the margarittas!

Madmatt

4 new CM2 pics are up as well...Enjoy!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be careful Madmatt theres some spanish fly in that Margarita..

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Actually I think the grass in that pic looks to be a wee too bright and too stocky* looking.

*stocky - originating from the original CD.

I'd like to see Magua's Normandy Grass in that pic. I'd bet it look even better.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't understand what people see in that mod. The bloody grass has bright lines running parallel to the map ever 20 metres!

Not to mention that pic is about as far from Normandy as you're liable to get during WW2

;)