I got your peng penny and now I am going away!!!! New CM2 Pics @ CMHQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

I think you may be right Commissar. Although I must say that the interface picture in the tank shot (the T-34's advancing with troops behind them) looks very realistic. Maybe they used Photoshop to "stick" some old eqipment on some randomly photographed Russian people, lol...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll get no arguments out of me. The shot looks bloody great. It'll still get modded just everything else in the game though. It is just the nature of things. We Hi-res Whores can't resist.

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Commissar ]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Hey look the Russian squad seems to be in radio contact! What are those things under the tanker's portrait? ANd is that 17o ammo for his pistol? What is the 70 ammo for? Is it even ammo or some other number.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The things under the tanker's portrait are the tank's radio status and whether it is buttoned or not.

The wire thing represents radio contact (this tank appears to be in radio contact with his platoon leader), while the pic on the right represents a turret hatch. In this case, the turret hatch is closed.

The ammo from top to bottom:

-Main gun ammo

-Machine gun near main gun ammo

-Machine gun in the hull front ammo

Amazing what you can find out by closely studying these pics!

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: The Commissar ]

About the colour bars smile.gif

The colour represents armour thickness in certain areas. The good part is that even a small change will result in a different colour, so you can click on different models of the T-34 and see minor armour differences as you progress through the series. Also, gun penetration will be coloured accordingly in the weapon charts (I *think*).

This should really help newbies to WW2 armour see the difference between a BT-5 and a KV-I, as well as helping the vets see the differences between a PZ-IVG and a PZ-IVH.

Glad you like the shots guys smile.gif

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

The things under the tanker's portrait are the tank's radio status and whether it is buttoned or not.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost Right Commissar smile.gif

The little hatch type graphic actually represents wether the tank had a commanders copula or not, which will alter the tanks spotting abilities, especially over longer distances. At least, I am pretty sure that is correct smile.gif

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

One question I have - there was a model of the 251 (and 250 I think) that had a 37mm pak mounted in place of the mg - it was supposed to be the platoon commander's vehicle in a Pz Gren platoon. Will it be in there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

250/10 and 251/22, I think. IIRC, Steve said no a while back. :( But with all the rare vehicles that seem to be making it in, maybe they'll change their minds. smile.gif

- Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Almost Right Commissar smile.gif

The little hatch type graphic actually represents wether the tank had a commanders copula or not, which will alter the tanks spotting abilities, especially over longer distances. At least, I am pretty sure that is correct smile.gif

Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, now THAT'S what I call detail!

Although I was looking forward to seeing a little guy pop out of that turret hatch icon

;)

OK, below the T-34A pic it lists the gun on the tank. Yay! smile.gif But I assume the info refers to a different tank not shown in the pic because of the lack of a yellow bounding box, right? You guys didn't nuke the yellow box when selecting a unit, did you?

- Chris

MÃ¥kjager, glad you like the T-34! Im not sure about the wespe, but Id say there is a reasonably chance that will will have seperate bmps smile.gif

Wolfe, Im not sure about the 250/10 at this point, but Id say there is a chance. And no, we havnt got rid of the selection box smile.gif

Dan

I don't know whether that's supposed to be a BT-7A or not - the gun seems far too long for hte 76mm howitzer, but is much larger calibre than the 45mm on the adjacent a/c.

Although possibly the a/c could be armed with a 37mm gun, and the truck might have a 25mm AA gun on it, which would make them a bit better scaled to the 45mm on the BT 7??

I do recall vaguely that ther ewas an a/c with a 37mm gun, but I can't find anything about it. the common BA-6 and BA-10 had 45's only.

Sir,

I have one question about graphics:

i'm gonna pray that those winter trees arent't the final. I really like the summer trees, but I have to say that the winter trees look... just like the ones from CM.... I wonder why? So:

Will they be updated as new trees...

Commissar, I was looking at this pic, sorry for the confusion:

http://www.combatmission.com/CM2/pics/Soviet_Vehicles.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

I don't know whether that's supposed to be a BT-7A or not - the gun seems far too long for hte 76mm howitzer, but is much larger calibre than the 45mm on the adjacent a/c.

Although possibly the a/c could be armed with a 37mm gun, and the truck might have a 25mm AA gun on it, which would make them a bit better scaled to the 45mm on the BT 7?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm. You're right, the gun looks larger than it really is (I compared it to the gun on the BA-10, and it looks significantly thicker, but that may just be a dark area behind the gun, not a shadowed part of the barrel itself). So it must be the BT-7. Forgot the BT-7A's gun is so short. tongue.gif Dunno about the Flak truck (it's a ZiS-5, right?), but I automatically assumed 37mm as well ...

- Chris

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Wolfe ]

Guys, note that the vehicles arent in scale with each other and those shots were taken many weeks ago, so much has chanced since then smile.gif

The winter trees look like those fom CM1 becuase currently they are the winter trees from CM1. Yes, Ill be doing new trees down the track smile.gif

Dan

Guys, note that the vehicles arent in scale with each other and those shots were taken many weeks ago, so much has chanced since then smile.gif

The winter trees look like those fom CM1 becuase currently they are the winter trees from CM1. Yes, Ill be doing new trees down the track smile.gif

Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We love you KwazyDawg

:D

My interface comment: I'd really like to see the morale indicator done in a way similar to the ammo indicator. The terms "cautious", "alert", etc. really have no meaning until you've been playing the game long enough to know which is worse. A full green bar (could be superimposed with "OK") indicates full morale. A full red bar means routed. Half green/half red = shaken or pinned. As the bar gets progressively redder, the appropriate text could be overlaid. Much easier to understand the morale level of your troops if there is a comparative indicator.

Maximus,

While on a whole I agree with you, Its a whole lot easier for you to spend other peoples money than it is for them sometimes. :rolleyes:

And If you're buying, I'd like a GeForce 3 to replace my Crappy GeForce 2 Ultra and a DDR Mainboard. Thanks ;)

Hey Maximus,

Since its now imperitive I upgrade, care to contribute? NO?

I guess I've find that $400 for new motherboard and CPU by not buying diapers for a month, and who needs house insurance or car insurance for that matter. If the kids grow out of their shoes then they can go barefoot, who cares if it 20 below zero in a couple of months.

Point is most of the world has PII and early Celerons, hell I was happy when the wife bought a V3 2000 a year ago. So (assuming your young enough to not have a lot of bills and requirements) lets not start the "build a game that only the cutting edge of computers could play" arguement. I use stock CM because the hi-res grass kills the system, and believe it or not I'm not paying attention to the damn terrain in the middle of a battle, just where the hell is that Tiger. You only look at the rest on an infrequent basis, otherwise its background only.

Steve and Charles, please keep us fathers of two on a wife imposed limited budget in mind!

Don't tell me any of you don't have 70 bucks to spend once a year on a new video card.

Yes, once a year. Once a year a new, good video card comes out and drops in price, and drops other video cards in price. Point being a card that was good last year (GeForce 2) is now about 100 buck or less. I've seen at places for as low as 70 bucks.

Now you are telling me you don't have 70 bucks to spend on a new video card, ONCE A YEAR, or maybe once in 2 years.

I'm a student. I have a laptop. Gonna find me a new graphics card for that?

I'm already resigned to buying a new desktop for CM2, okay? There's really no need to be a prick about it.

Then again, it's Maximus. I suppose by this point I should just know better than to expect civility.

About the colour bars smile.gif

The colour represents armour thickness in certain areas. The good part is that even a small change will result in a different colour, so you can click on different models of the T-34 and see minor armour differences as you progress through the series. Also, gun penetration will be coloured accordingly in the weapon charts (I *think*).

This should really help newbies to WW2 armour see the difference between a BT-5 and a KV-I, as well as helping the vets see the differences between a PZ-IVG and a PZ-IVH.

Glad you like the shots guys smile.gif

Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow you guys are the best KwazyDog! Those pics look great and I especially like the improvements to the interface bar! Great Job!

[ 06-21-2001: Message edited by: Freak ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22 and it might as well have been posted by Minimum:

Don't tell me any of you don't have 70 bucks to spend once a year on a new video card.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's it to you? Will you ever see what I am seeing on my monitor? Why are you the slightest bit interested in what mode I'm running CM or anything else for that matter?

Why the hell should I spend several hours downloading stuff I don't want and definately don't need? I pay for my online time and it sure isn't fast.

Do you have a job? If not, who gives you money and a place to stay?

I cannot believe I'm actually having to tell someone that it isn't their business what I install on my own computer.