I got your peng penny and now I am going away!!!! New CM2 Pics @ CMHQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta agree on the new interface, looks great, I'm also very interested in if what company you belong to will be a factor?

I also do not recall seeing a buttoned up tank have "cautious" status in CMBO. Now, about those Sissi squads...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PipBoy:

My interface comment: I'd really like to see the morale indicator done in a way similar to the ammo indicator. The terms "cautious", "alert", etc. really have no meaning until you've been playing the game long enough to know which is worse. A full green bar (could be superimposed with "OK") indicates full morale. A full red bar means routed. Half green/half red = shaken or pinned. As the bar gets progressively redder, the appropriate text could be overlaid. Much easier to understand the morale level of your troops if there is a comparative indicator.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Pipboy,

That is indeed a very good idea. If you prefer to have an interface like that, the HEALTHBAR mod I did for CM1 should fit the bill nicely.

Re your idea : I can promise you that the idea was discussed at some point, and rejected, I forget for what reason. I will say that despite the move to 800x600 for the interface, and lots more room, it was really down to the pixel to squeeze everything in. I remember sending an email to Steve, telling him about a 2 pixel wide space that could be used for something else, and not to waste it. It really got down to the pixel. One of my favorite ideas is probably not gonna make it into the game because of this space problem.

Don't worry, once CM2 comes out I will probably do a healthbar mod for it as well.

Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geier:

I gotta agree on the new interface, looks great<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, looking *very* nice. One suggestion, though, DeanCo. Have you considered making which Sqd/Plt/Co the unit belongs to different colors than the rest of the text? "1Sqd,3Plt,E Co" is a bit much to read to figure out which company the unit is from. Using a different brighter color for the numbers (like bright white) would allow you to more easily glance down and pick out "1 3 E".

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I also do not recall seeing a buttoned up tank have "cautious" status in CMBO.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve said in the BUNCH of Answers thread that AFVs can now behave much more like infantry morale-wise, even running away to find better cover!

- Chris

Wolfe said :

Have you considered making which Sqd/Plt/Co the unit belongs to different colors than the rest of the text? "1Sqd,3Plt,E Co" is a bit much to read to figure out which company the unit is from. Using a different brighter color for the numbers (like bright white) would allow you to more easily glance down and pick out "1 3 E".

----------------

Hi there,

As far as I can tell, this is a grog thing, the 1-3-E bit. I'm not qualified to hold forth on this subject. I rarely looked at the old 'B-2' version, except when I needed to find a specific guy, since the red line on the map told me pretty much all I needed to know.

Anyway, I think it might be a little early to asses how readily available that info is, and whether the color needs to be changed to make it stand out more. The proof is in the playing, and I'll leave that insight to whoever is testing the finished product.

Your idea sounds good on paper though.