Poll: which FOW option are you using?

I think most of us are using full FOW. Is anybody playing with partial or no FOW? If so, why? The field manual clearly states no FOW or partial FOW is good for inexperienced players or scenario designers, just wondering if that is true or if anyone just prefers that option over full FOW.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People change FOW?

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juardis:

I think most of us are using full FOW. Is anybody playing with partial or no FOW? If so, why? The field manual clearly states no FOW or partial FOW is good for inexperienced players or scenario designers, just wondering if that is true or if anyone just prefers that option over full FOW.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Full why use anything else.

I do use no FOW, especialy when I first started playing CM. When I first started I was trying to get used to using combined arms effectively, so I turned off the FOW till I got proficient with that. I'am using Full FOW more and more now. Whenever I'm trying out all the various tanks and weapons I usually start out with no FOW the first time to get used to how that equipment works. Then I switch to no FOW and work at perfecting its use. Basically I use no FOW for training purposes. Laugh if you will but thats why they put it in there and so I use it as such. No one here started out as a expert even if their egos claimed to be. ::grins::

Happy Gaming,

~Skott Karlsson~

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Benny Manieri:

I use partial.......anybody who rags on me for that is a queer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't care about your FOW settings. I do, however, feel compelled to rag on you for being the sort of infantile bigot who uses 'queer' as an insult. Can't you find something more inventive to call your potential detractors? Can't you find something that more than about 40-50% of them would actually find insulting? Can't you do it without slighting and offending a whole group of people who have done nothing to you?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Benny Manieri:

I use partial.......anybody who rags on me for that is a queer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No rags Benny. I wanted to know if people actually used either option because if not, perhaps BTS could save some coding and use it for other stuff. But if even one person uses it, I guess it's worth it. Fight on.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

FULL FOG OF WAR i mean come on what is the point in using no or partial fog of war you really are just cheating yourself and the game is not as realistic who ever heard of a commander having the big picture (ie knowing exactly were all the enemy was hiding )

wink.gif

RAGE, RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF THE LIGHT

It's best to use full fog of war.

From what I understand if you use anything less the enemy can see your troops as much as you can see theirs.

I think you will not be able to appreciate the true game unless you use full fog of war.

But have fun experimenting at first smile.gif

Partial is the way to go, this is because of the lack of visual unit info is given to you, when you call up on the unit you wish to know about. A Sturmgruppe of 10 or 9 may be represented by 3 soldiers....very annoying. I simply check with their unit info, to see how many of their soldiers is okay, because in real life...I would most likely be able to see and count soldiers up and firing, and soldiers on the ground, dead or wounded... I simply compensate the unrealism with other realisms....that's all.

And John Hough...enough with the rainbow flag partriotism. That's very annoying.

Guest aka PanzerLeader

I see your point Manieri, I'll try it next time.

Don't u have trouble finding PBEM opponents who agree with Partial FOW?