Poll: which FOW option are you using?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Benny Manieri:

Not really...but then again, I don't really PBEM that much anymore.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

May have had something to do with that infamous beta Pbem game vs Fionn (and others before) where you played with no FOW and he played with full FOW, without telling any one you had no FOW.

And Major Toms correct in both his posts, even 'full' FOW is not 'foggy' enough.

Major Tom, I do not feel that telling little benny off for his moronic name calling will do any good, let him carry on as is his nature and he'll be banned soon enough.

------------------

Absolutely Shatter, you have been completely misunderstood. When Andreas, Chuppy and Peter posted pictures of themselves at the IWM I took the earliest opportunity to complement Chuppy on how hot he looked in that T-shirt. Of course the next time an appropriate thread about the front bogey wheel on the Matilda II came up I skillfully insinuated a subtle remark about what a spunk PeterNZ was and a redhead too!

But alas, shatter, everyone thought I was a dickhead as well.

------------------

Muddying the waters as usual.

by Simon Fox

Mr T says "I pity the foo!"

[This message has been edited by Bastables (edited 01-07-2001).]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a very large way I am disappointed in the CM community right now. Letting Manieri get away with this blatant bigotry is pretty pathetic. John Hough was just about the only one who bothered to say something about Manieri's ignorant remark, yet he was quickly shot down.

I consider Manieri's statement to be as flagrantly bigitrous as if he would replace the word 'queer' with 'n*gger', 'k*ke', 'sp*ck' or other derogatory namecalling. Some of us were exposed to Manieri's 'humour', if you can actually call it as such, when he posted his comedy webboard (back in the early days), which was mostly racist jokes (targetting Poles). IMHO, he is no more than a ignorant, intolerant, racist, homophobic bigot, and if anyone is to be chastised, it should be him.

No, in reality you WOULDN'T see all 8, 10, or 12 of those troops moving in advance and you wouldn't be able to determine which ones were hit or not. CM abstracts a lot of stuff, what we don't see when a squad moves forward is that they usually do so in a skirmish formation, with troops utilizing as much cover as possible, firing at intervals so as to confuse the enemy to their exact numbers. So, it would be impossible until within a dreadfully close distance to determine the status of your enemy. You aren't countering realism and unrealism, what you were trying to do is to try and legitimise your status on FOW.

Most likely you just hate to lose. Use FOW or don't use it, it doesn't matter, (unless you don't tell your opponent smile.gif ). Just don't try and justify it by faking a shortcoming in CM. It's not cochere.

[This message has been edited by Major Tom (edited 01-07-2001).]

Major Tom is indeed correct on all points, as is John Hough. Many of the newer people are not familiar with the rantings of the petulant teenager known as Manieri. Benny has a great deal of growing up to do and it is plain he hasn't accomplished that yet.

Full FoW is the only way to play as is full disclosure should a player want to use something different.

Just my 2 cents.

------------------

"Moriarty, you suck." -- Dunno, but somebody must've said it somewhere along the line

Guest MantaRay

Oh no, the Capt is back with his usual idiotic comments again.

Only lamers use partial or no FOW to play a PBEM with. Does that resemble you ManFairy?

And you can call me whatever name you want in return, just if you join the service, remember it is "don't ask, don't tell," buddy. Hate too see you get a dishonorable. You are such a kind fellow.

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

Guest MantaRay

Whaddaya want? An apology...?? You ain't getting it, my friends.........<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No apology, just do us a favor and don't post again.

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

Click now for shelter from the Peng thread

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

To answer the question: Full

In response to Benny the Pinhead, (even though I shouldn't-what the hell...)every time you post you drive home the point that you are a rude, obnoxious, uncultured little child. We can only hope you grow up or go away.

Hey MANTA-GAY,

Remember douchebag, you got banned a while ago for behavior which was more out of line than my worst, TEN FOLD. So, before you point the dirty end of the stick at me, think twice before you do it, you two-bit moron. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done Benny, using personal insults is another milestone to being banned. Keep it up mate.

you're another one.........<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try harder with those comebacks Benny, I'm trying to get you banned.

Besides I'm so Gay I don't even use the mouse or the computer in playing CM, for that FOW effect I write orders up and get my pet monkey Lulu to implement them.

Come on everyone, come out I'm full FOW and proud!

[This message has been edited by Bastables (edited 01-07-2001).]

blow me smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, you wish!

I recall we had an intolerant person much like yourself several months ago. If I recall rightly he got banned!

Perhaps, if we're lucky, it may happen to you too.

btw: time for me to come out too: Full FOW and proud of it!!! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 01-07-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bastables:

Try harder with those comebacks Benny, I'm trying to get you banned.

Besides I'm so Gay I don't even use the mouse or the computer in playing CM, for that FOW effect I write orders up and get my pet monkey Lulu to implement them.

Come on everyone, come out I'm full FOW and proud!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bastables, you've given me the courage to come out of the full FOW closet.Now it's off to tell my friends and family.

As for the banning, I'd imagine that's a forgone conclusion(I could be wrong) and that he wants to go out in a blaze of stupidity.