CM 2 Article, with Screens

On p. 71 of the 7/2001 issue (North American edition) of Computer Gaming World magazine, there's an article on CM 2 with screenshots. (It's not clear if one with a T-34 is a heavily modded CM 1 shot or not, but it looks new. Other pics are of CM1 mods.) Very cool. Apologies if this has been posted before.

[ 05-29-2001: Message edited by: Stacheldraht ]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*ahem*

Hi Stacheldraht, how are you? Good, good. smile.gif

I think I can speak for most of the forum when I ask if you might scan and post those screenshots here? Is this possible to do for us? We would just love to see them. Thanks a lot and take care now smile.gif

I did an online search for "Computer Gaming World magazine" but it sent me to gamespot. Anyone know if this has an online version of the mag? Damn, I guess I am going to have to spend 8 bucks at the grocery store tonight.

Incidentally, Computer Games Online doesn't have anything yet.

If you can't post shots, tell us what the article says!

Computer Games Magazine, July issue, has a preview as well, with screens too. Just to be fair :).

BTW, scanning and posting is a gross violation of copyrights. It would most likely get deleted by the sysops here, one step ahead of the calls from the lawyers. This is too high a profile site, and too high a profile game, for a mag to ignore copyright infringements.

Yes, I work for Computer Games Mag :).

Okay okay, thanks Robert Mayer for keeping us in line. When does your mag hit the stands? I guess I am going to have to buy one of these things so I might as well get the best.

The battle of the Gaming Mags! So, could someone delicately state a general overview of what to expect in each of these articles, number of pictures, sizes, and number of pages of text. Delicately, now...

Just some FYI here about the screenshots...

CGW - pics of T-34 are actually from within the game. No modifications done to the shots. The interface was not ready at the time, so there isn't anything to see there.

CGM/CGO - same as above in terms of content, except there are full shots of the new interface. Minor modifications done to clean up rough edges, but otherwise the new interface has been complete for over a month now.

We will talk more about the interface when the CGM/CGO article hits. Busy putting in vehicles, TO&E, and Rarity at the moment...

Steve

We will post the screenshots in a little bit, after they have some time to sink into the mags' readership. The good folks at CGW and CGM/CGO were kind enough to do stories on CM2 so it would be nice to let them have a little time in the spotlight before we post our own stuff ;)

Steve

Thanks Big Time! Gosh, its like you guys really are working on it after all! It wasn't just a dream!

I will go out and shell out my 8 bucks for the CGW magazine. A few weeks ago I signed up for a free issue to the other one. Hopefully my free issue will be the one I want.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CaSCa:

just read the good bits in the store.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a brilliant thing to post especially when you know one of the editors of one of the mags is following the thread. :rolleyes:

Buy the damn thing if you want to see the preview.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

That's a brilliant thing to post especially when you know one of the editors of one of the mags is following the thread. :rolleyes:

Buy the damn thing if you want to see the preview.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then...perhaps I should have suggested that you go and read the article at the local library and use the 8 bucks (is it really that much?) you save to pay your late fees?

Besides, I'm sure that the fine folks at CGW (or whomever) are on to this clever ploy and have taken appropriate counter-measures.

CGW is normally sealed because of the inclusion of a demo disc. Make of that what you will smile.gif And no, I'm not going to scan and post someone's copyrighted pictures. There's only one new pic anyway. The article is a little more informative, though: BTS is, it says, "creating new building architecture" for urban battles (yea!) and "reconstructing part of Stalingrad's sewer system to depict the underground fighting that took place there." It also mentions revised C&C, unit availability/rarity, and a new minimum resolution of 800x600 (and the dropping of support for Voodoo 1 cards). Just a short one-pager, but still interesting, of course, for us CM nuts smile.gif

Hi,

I thought I would just add my two pence worth to what others have said.

When it comes to the article on CM2 do remember all the CM fans outside North America that have no way of buying the magazine. I would happily pay my £5, $7-$8, for the magazine but have no way of doing so.

It would be a shame if loyal fans outside North America were excluded from knowing as much about CM2 as those inside North America.

All the best,

Kip.

PS. I understand the need to allow the magazine's publisher a "first go" but I hope BTS will share all they are willing to say about CM2 with all of us soon.