One Peng to Pool Them All, And In the Challenge Malign Them

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Turkeyish:

I well know the rules spanky, so don't get your panties in a bunch. If shaw want's to get medieval, by all means, show him to your pets.<hr></blockquote>Ummm, apparently you DON'T! For see you THIS is the Peng CHALLENGE Thread ... note the word CHALLENGE. Now if you were, in point of fact, as conversant with the rules as you claim to be, you'd have seen the one that requires you to actually CHALLENGE someone, etc. etc. etc.

Otherwise ... you're just wasting our time. Actually you're likely wasting our time ANYWAY ... why not beat the rush and just SOD OFF!

It was a nice try Slapdragon but this shows NO promise at all, do we have to throw the little ones back or can we just toss him in the bottom of the boat to flop around 'till he dies?

Joe

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]</p>

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mace:

Further,

"Yeast" + "Infection"

= "Fermentation" + "Process"

= "More" + "Beer"

Thus, it must be true that:

"Aussie" + "culture" = "More" + "Beer"

QED!

Mace<hr></blockquote>

Well, done, Mace. Stixx has a grasp of the obvious, but you, sir, have that rare ability to delve into the crux (no Bauhaus, this is not for you) of the matter.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Moriarty:

Stixx has a grasp of the obvious<hr></blockquote>

I do?

I thought it was you grasping...

at that glimmer of hope that there is hope of one day being...

Used by Mace for warm up practise before he steps in to the shearers shed.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jshandorf:

You might miss out on the duck-duck-greyduck.

<hr></blockquote>

You've got to be more careful with your terminology--Now everyone knows that you're a cheesehead. Too bad Lorak is shipping out, or else we could have him photoshop a big foam cheese onto your picture on his site. Maybe I'll remind him when he returns. Maybe I'll just send Peng and Berli twenty bucks to buy a foam cheesehead, get you drunk, and get your picture with the cheese. Then again, they'd probably do it for free.

As for morse, my attack resembles Monty's only because we have inordinate amounts of time to drink tea in between files from you.

(Edited because I can, and to note that since I'm beating dalem in our latest match, his cd drive managed to get flaky so he can't return files)

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: chrisl ]</p>

Hi there Kids,

I'm in Irvine, CA right now. It's a bit stink really. Like what's left if you run three freeways into each other and sprinkle hotels, gas stations and jack in the boxes liberally in the gaps.

Anyway, If any of you are in LA (mark IV!) and are bored on like, wed or thur or fri evening, consider coming down here and enjoying the scenic gas stations and burger joints.

Saturday I fly to San Fran for fun and frolicks. Anyone in San Fran?

Anyway, email me, dynamo@pobox.com if you have any seductive offers.

PeterNZ

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Hi there Kids,

Anyway, If any of you are in LA (mark IV!) and are bored on like, wed or thur or fri evening, consider coming down here and enjoying the scenic gas stations and burger joints.

PeterNZ<hr></blockquote>

Are your out of your friggin' mind!!! No self-respecting person in San Diego would ever take that heinous trip up the 405 to IRVINE. Unless it was to get to Disneyland, that would be ok, or to watch a play, that's cool too, but that is it.

Irvine, what gall!

Gerntleworms:

I have a problem with a particular phrase which to me does not make any sense. Now I know you are all thinking "So what else is new, Peng? You are an idiot and nothing seems to make any sense to you." Well you all are wrong about that but we will let that pass for now. So the phrase that bothers me is typically used to demonstrate rank order and having the lowest lack of rank of all in a particular group.

It is my understanding that a Totem Pole is an item of pagan worship. The totems carved into the pole are typically animals - not human. It is also my understanding that the order of the totems on the pole is not neccessarily one of rank. The highest up on the pole isn't any better than the one on the bottom.

So, for me to say that the Bard is "low man on the totem pole" because he was unable to win a game in last night's round robin of hotseats is just plain silly. It makes much more sense to just say that he has the tactical ability of a nine-eyed mutant carp from the bottom of a refinery drainage pit to describe just how low in rank he is, rather than to erroniously use a pagan religious symbol to describe his ranking among the three Olde Ones.

[DISCLAIMER] The use of the word "pagan" is in no way meant to demean our pals and buddies who prefer to worship in ways not considered to be monotheistic. The word is merely a descriptor bereft of negative connotation. In my mind at least if you must subscribe to a religious practice paganism is the way to go. [/DISCLAIMER]

So down with "low man on the totem pole" and UP with nine-eye mutant carp!

Peng

HA! Again I say HA!

I have survived yet another night in the company of the degenerates known as Peng and Seanachai! This past night, they did indeed hold me down and force me to drink demon beer (probably in revenge for the severe drubbing i gave them both), but again I awake bright eyed and with clear mind!

Peng did attempt to best me by manipulating the AI to force me to confront him with only a Puma and a Marder while he was ablely equiped with a nasty Grayhound and a vicious Wolverine. I employeed the holy writ of Manhoover and Attritted him sorely.

Seanachai also employed gamey AI manipulation, but was more obvious about it. My gallent lads were backed by a lone H39 in face of his hordes of Shermans. I did employ great attritting and when the smoke cleared, all that remained was the Little H39 That Could

The two of them then retreated to bludgen each other... well, that isn't exactlt correct as Peng did all the bludgening (Alas the Lorak is not here to scrib the asterix if shame next to the Bard's name).

Life is good

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MrPeng:

It is my understanding that a Totem Pole is an item of pagan worship. The totems carved into the pole are typically animals - not human. It is also my understanding that the order of the totems on the pole is not neccessarily one of rank. The highest up on the pole isn't any better than the one on the bottom.

<hr></blockquote>

I remind you that none of the animals on the totem pole is house trained. Does that help put the expression in its proper context?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

I remind you that none of the animals on the totem pole is house trained. Does that help put the expression in its proper context?<hr></blockquote>

Certianly it is a scientific fact that, properly greased, ****e rolls down hill. And I would not wish to be the lowest most muskrat if there was a turgid bear and an overfed eagle above me on the pole. At least it would be a crappy existence with no chance of advancement.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Certianly it is a scientific fact that, properly greased, ****e rolls down hill. <hr></blockquote>

Whereas you are more like a ****e volcano. You're not on the pole at all, but anyone coming near you gets plastered all the same.

Congrats, Slappy: you're tanjed near one week behind the general forum in posting links. Why not go back to playing with your groggy high-brows there?

And try looking up your Prophet quotes before you bandy them about in your sig. Sure, you can say "oh, that's how it was in the movie," but it's dangerously close to the same misrepresentation that has Eisenhower saying "Dang! Adolf was right! These Jews are best extra-crispy! Yum!"

Clean it up or get the Hell out, knob.