AKoTM Version 2.0 !!! CONTINUE ALL UPDATES & AAR's HERE!

Mlapanzer moves into the Second Round by TKO. Who'd you payoff for Chuckles untimely demise? ;)

Please see updated bracket.

Tblaster

vs------------Harpooner

Harpooner

1)

Treeburst155

vs------------Treeburst155

Cubes

====================

Pacestick

vs------------Pacestick

R_Leet

2)

mPisi

vs------------mPisi

Jaws

====================

Speedy

vs------------Speedy

Hurricane

3)

Senor Beef

vs------------Senor Beef

Radar

====================

aaronb

vs------------aaronb

Wildman

4)

Jeff Heidman

vs------------Pondscum

Pondscum

====================

Philistine

vs------------Winner

boy_Recon

5)

Greg Clement

vs------------Gyrene

Gyrene

=====================

Toxicchaos

vs------------labappel

labappel

6)

Stoffel

vs------------Stoffel

Loki

=====================

The Commissar

vs------------Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey

7)

Mlapanzer

vs------------Mlapanzer

Chuckle

=====================

Claymore

vs------------Claymore

Carboy

8)

Texas Toast

vs------------Texas Toast

Stix

=====================

OK Philistine and boy_Recon...we are ALL waiting on you two. The Whole AKoTM world are drumming their fingers impatiently. All the seats are filled and the crowd grows impatient, feverishly awaiting the beginning of the Second Round...all waiting on you my friends...No, no, take your time...We'll wait. :rolleyes:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy I hope she's good looking Chuckles. ;)

I was just checking the board before I left work and seen this I am flabergasted esspecially since my Tiger was immobilized in the turn I played this morning before work.

But as they say A win is a win is a win"

So I'll humbley take it and move out! :D

------

It's good to be at the top of the food chain.

Duke and fellow AKoT'ers;

Looks like the tourney kicked off smoothly.

Still waiting for my PC to get here in Germany, so it looks like I'll have to wait for the next AKoTM tourney.

Aawwww, I wouldn't want to spoil all the fun by kicking everyones ass anyway, you guys are having way to much fun.

Good luck to everyone.

Tblaster...... What happened man???

I am all psyched up for the second round...

I may not be ready to start my second round match for a few days as I am going on a trip.

I will certainly be all ready and "good to go" by June 10th. At that point I will arrange for a good time to zip through the match at tcp/ip speed with treeburst.

thanks,

harpooner

Gyrene,

all these battles are set as meeting engagements, and if I remember correctly, either side can purchase TRP's and the like.

You do bring up a good point though about Pillboxes. Since only the Axis can purchase them, NO Pillboxes of any kind will be allowed in the tournament.

Repeat: NO Pillboxes of Any kind allowed in the tournament.

Harpooner and anyone else that will not be able to start on the Second Round right away...no worries, as the tentative Due Date for the Second Round is June 17th. So as long as you can get the battles done by that date, no problem.

Anyone else have any questions, bitches, gripes, or complaints?

Hi Iron Duke,

The thread with the rules is kaput and I'm not sure I remember the unit restrictions. I remember it was 2,000 pts. and max 3 SMG platoons but what was the arty restriction? How about towed guns? Thanks!!

Treeburst155 out.

[ 06-03-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Ok, more confusion on my side...

From the rules:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You can have EITHER:

1 150/155mm Spotter + 81/75mm Spotters

OR

2 120/105mm Spotters + 81/75mm Spotters<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean:

-1 x 155mm spotter + 2 81mm spotters

or

-2 x 105mm + 2 81mm spotters

Are valid choices? If I am getting this right, the limit applies to the larger guns (1 x 155mm or 2 x 105mm + any number of 81/75mm)

Gyrene

While we are sort of on the topic of Rules and the website.

Is there anything else hard to understand on the website? As you can see my HTML skills are very poor but text is easy smile.gif

I'll get Iron Duke to clarify the arty rules for me and change them on the website.

Is there anything else that needs changing?

sorry for the delay, guys, but i can't get in touch with Philistine. Duke's said that if he hasn't shown by sunday (ie, today), then i win by default.

a rather ignominious way of getting to the second round i admit, but hey......

redface.gif

Duke, its 1300hrs here, still no sign of the chap

Gryene,

once again thank you for bringing up these subjects now, as they will serve as a refresher course.

Ok here are the rules and interpetations:

No Arty over 150/155mm allowed.

No Arty with variable timed fuses allowed. (To make it fair for the Axis)

You can have EITHER:

1 150/155mm Spotter + 81/75mm Spotters

OR

2 120/105mm Spotters + 81/75mm Spotters

Rockets, because of the inherent inaccuracy, will be allowed up to the 210mm range.

And that means

1 210mm and below rocket FO + 81/75mm Spotters. (One of you got away with some extra rockets last turn and that was my fault.) ;)

It is my opinion that 81/75mm arty doesn't cause the massive casualties/routs/broken's that the larger arty can cause, therefore I did not place a restriction on them. But I can easily imagine someone spending 5-8 hundred points on them and blowing up one side of the map!

So once again I leave it up to the few to decide this: Should 81/75 FO's be restricted? And if so, how much?

Yes

No

Polls will be open until 12 Noon PST.

boy_Recon, I sent a last email to Philistine outlining the dire consequences that will transpire upon his non participation and I gave him until 7pm PST to respond.

Any other questions please ask.

Treeburst155: The infantry restrictions were: MAX 2 Kompanies of VG's (if allowed by date)

Also:

NO mix and match of Allied units will be allowed...just like in the first AKOTM

Towed guns are not restricted at all. Feel free to purchase 35 of them. :rolleyes: (As I know you will Treeburst) :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iron Duke:

It is my opinion that 81/75mm arty doesn't cause the massive casualties/routs/broken's that the larger arty can cause, therefore I did not place a restriction on them. But I can easily imagine someone spending 5-8 hundred points on them and blowing up one side of the map!

So once again I leave it up to the few to decide this: Should 81/75 FO's be restricted? And if so, how much?

Yes

No

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No restrictions. The only place this would matter would be a wide-open field, or maybe total woods on a small map with non-los targets.

heavy buildings and simply being somewhere else provide plenty of cover from the little stuff. And I hope pondscum picks 1500 points of 81 mm, which my ubertanks will walk through just before levelling his fo's hiding places.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stoffel:

hey Deff,

Just jump in your car and drive to me(netherlands/soesterberg),you can use mine if you want smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what, I may just take you up on that Stoffel.

I am definatley touring the Nederlands during my three years here. So may be we got a hot seat brewing in the mix.

I know for sure I will visit Arnhem.

Good luck in the tourney, Duke always runs a goos show.

LOL :D

Did you know that the bridge in the movie" A bridge too far" was not the bridge at Arnhem.

Anyway there are many things there about the war,you should check the warmuseum at Overloon as well.

Give me a mail when you come over to my country.

Guest PondScum

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aaronb:

And I hope pondscum picks 1500 points of 81 mm, which my ubertanks will walk through just before levelling his fo's hiding places.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pah - my FOs can outrun your ubertanks any day :D

Bring on the maps!

ATTENTION:

Testimony to the power of one vote!

Since aaronb was the only one to vote during the polls, we go with his decision.

No restrictions on 81/75mm Arty FO's.

Expect to see the maps in your mail boxes within 2 to 3 hours. I have to stop by my work and send them from there as they are on my work PC. :D

Out.