BTS PLEASE : VL Control

Refering to this and this threat with questions about the VL control which are still unanswered, I hope to get an official answere how the VL control is determined.

It seems the VL control is set arbitrarily in some cases :(

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Scipio ]</p>

*This is a recorded message:

The BTS team are busy at the moment working on CMBB. In fact so busy that they have little time for sleep, eating, or visiting the little boy's room.

If you'd like to leave a message, please do so after the beep, and they'll get back to you within the next several months.

Thankyou!*

BEEEEEEEEEEP!

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Mace ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scipio:

Thanks for your intelligent answer Mace. Maybe you check the reffered threats before you make so called jokes. <hr></blockquote>

It was my pleasure, Scipio!

As for referred threats - they don't scare me for I've wallowed in the mires of the MBT ;)

Mace

There are only four persons who can answer : Matt, Steve, Charles and Dan, except there were more people directly involved in CM:BO. Of course I will wait until they find the time, I know that they have a lot to do with CM:BB and ordinary live.

If I'm allowed to have an additional wish for CM:BB, then this : better documentation. Some wargames write down in detail each formula that's used in the game. A lot of flame wars on this board could be avoided if we really would know why something happens in the game.

BTS doesn't seem to like giving up the "inner calculations" in the game. Remember, we had to figure out the scoring calculations ourselves. The more people know of these inner workings the more prone they are to gamey play IMO. I think it's enough to know that I need to have combat capable forces very near the VL with as few enemy as possible within 80m or so.

Treeburst155 out.

Yes, I too doubt you will get the exact formulas. Besides that, they do not respond well to "threats" smile.gif

I think it's enough to know that if you want to control a VL you need to get as many forces as you can as close as you can. If you are unsure whether the game will give you control of it or not, you probably don't really control it at all.

My only problem with they way the games does things is that it sometimes gives control to one side or the other when neither of them really controls it.

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Vanir Ausf B ]

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Vanir Ausf B ]</p>

The problem seems to be, why can a crew without vehicel control a VL better then a crew with vehicel? Can someone see the logic here? I think this is nearly a bug, and I hope this will be corrected, at least in CM:BB.

About the better documentation : if BTS doesn't tell us, we only need some more time to find out. This knowledge can support gamey tactics - but if both sides know it, then I think the advantage is equalized.

Beside that, BTS made with CMBO a game that allows not much 'gameys', and I think CMBB will be much better.

As a person who figured out the victory points system, I am not sure knowing about the VL control is as worthy.

As far as I am concerned, it could be even harder to change a VL from neutral at all. I mean, a broken vehicle versus a crew, that isn't what "holding" is about. If players fight about the flag like this, make it random or give it to none at all. If you really want to figure it out, I bet it is connected to freeing prisoners. Kind of force and morale function over the map.

Now, I would certainly be happy to learn more about morale in CM. How it is determined and how it affects troops.

But that is not nearly as important as the victory points system. You cannot make a decent competive scenario without knowing the points calculation. You can do without VL control or morlae calculation details.

Hi Guys,

Just so you know, Ive passed the info in these threads onto Charles, and he said he has put them on the list to look at for CMBB. I know this isnt the detailed answer some of you were after, but I just wanted you all to know that we will be looking into it. smile.gif

Dan

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]</p>