Shipping update

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Well... obviously many of you are still wondering what is up with the USPS. Let me tell you that most of you are making an assumption that your order has already shipped. Only a few orders went out before Friday, some on Saturday, a LOT on Monday, and an even larger batch on Tuesday. There are more to go out on Wednesday, but I think these are all new orders (hard to tell). I have seen a lot of guestimations going on, but most go on the assumption that their package is already in the mail, which kinda messes with the transit time estimate of 2 days smile.gif

The point here is that just because someone in your area got a copy doesn't mean that yours should be there. We shipped the games according to the date they were received, but it is impossible to gauge when yours might arrive based on date since the number of units we shipped out in a day is variable as is the proportion of orders from this or that time period. And, adding confusion, somehow a small batch of recent orders was shipped out ahead of others. Still have no idea how that happened, but it really didn't have an impact on anything in terms of shipping times.

Anyhoo... it looks like all domestic US customers should receive their copies in time for this weekend. International customers are still about a week away from the first arrivals. Canadians perhaps a bit sooner depending on where in Canada you live.

Many of you have been waiting many months, so although it is frustrating, another day or two won't kill you smile.gif Just think of this as a grace period to get some jobs done around the house before CM "ruins" your freetime biggrin.gif

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 06-21-2000).]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Just think of this as a grace period to get some jobs done around the house before CM "ruins" your freetime<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like re-carpeting that bare strip I've worn in the rug from pacing back-and-forth in tense anticipation...

[This message has been edited by von Lucke (edited 06-21-2000).]

Yes Steve, but many of the 'guestimations' have been made on the basis that someone else who ordered maybe last month, and lives in x's area has got their game before x themself - who had infact ordered say last August. I have found it quite confusing that someone in Hong Kong has it, yet some early pre-orders in America have still not arrived.

Personally, I know I will not see the game for at least another 8-10 days because I live in Australia, even though I ordered last July.

But what can you do but wait! Postal services are an enigmatic entity!

------------------

I'm always in the ****, it's only the depth that varies.

Ugh... I was afraid that was the case. I had the feeling that the shipping was taking a bit longer to get out of the warehouse than was estimated.

Oh well, it won't kill me. Especially considering that I'm up to asses and elbows in a system transition at work. I have NO idea what kind of pain I'm in for...

Thanks for the update Steve it really is appreciated, even if it wasn't what we all wanted to hear.

Actually, i am kinda glad that it has taken BTS so long to clear the decks with regard to shipping since this will hopefully mean that they have tons and are making a mint off their efforts.

Kinda nice to see the good guys succeed occassionally.

IIRC krm is from SA.

I can always tell when Mr Demon (formerly panzershrek I believe) gets home his posts start appearing around 3.30 local time, school's out! biggrin.gif

------------------

"Even the Brady Bunch could beat a company of French"-Carentan (slightly paraphrased)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

...There are more to go out on Wednesday, but I think these are all new orders (hard to tell)...

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 06-21-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the update!

let's see if i got this right. in order for the newbies to have received their copies before us vets theirs would have got to have gone out on saturday and ours did't. i don't think priority mail delivers in one day! what i infer from your post is that you just put orders together and sent them out regardless of when they were ordered. i think it pretty lousy that alot of people who preordered a long time ago haven't received their orders yet but alot of johnny-come-latelys have. sorry for the bitching but i had to get it off my chest

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Steve, thank you for the update.....

Jackhammer, its obvious that any errors were unintentional, so try to just cool off, OK? smile.gif

Steve,

Here's one thing I havn't been able to figure out. My friend and I both live here in Denver. I order the game a year ago in May 1999. He orders game only a couple of weeks ago in May 2000. We both get the game this past Monday. Both packages have ship date (postal mark?) of this past Friday, June 16th. How can this possibly be? That would imply that almost all the orders all shipped out on Friday. No?

Worst part of it is that he and I have a long standing little "competition" about such matters. I.e. we order things generally at, or near, the same time, but whoever gets it first usually gloats over the other guy. Childish, I know, but hey we are they same bunch of refresh monkey's that crashed your server when the Gold Demo came out don't forget. Anyway, he goes home for lunch on Monday and is then calling me at work telling me he already has the game. I couldn't believe it. I would have thought that with the first come first serve order processing that I would have at least gotten the game 1-2 days before him given that I ordered a year earlier. But like I said above, this ended up not being the case.

As it turns out, I can live without the bragging rights of being first quite easily since we both have the game we can settle our "differences" on the field of battle.

Mikester out.

PS: Only other thing I can think of is that he actually ordered one a long while back and has since actually forgotten that he had already done so. That would serve the Schweinhund right in that he would probably end up w/ a second copy about a week from now. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 06-21-2000).]

Thanks for the update BTS. I dearly hope that the more impatient individuals on the board will stop complaining regarding delivery times. The griping doesn't bother me personally, but think of new potential customers visiting this forum: They read post after post about delays which might make them reconsider ordering the game. We owe BTS better than this.

Sure, I myself will rush home again tonight and check the mail slot, but I can afford to wait a bit longer for this particular prize.

GAFF

Guest Germanboy

Just reading all these threads on shipping etc.pp. makes me wonder whether OB&M was not pretty much on the ball with his idea about the age and maturity of this board. But I can afford to be cool, I know that it will take some time to get to me.

------------------

Andreas

Finale me drem vil cum tru. (From that Euro-English theory)

Finally, someone has seen my Genius level shine through. smile.gif Thanx Andreas. wink.gif Wondered just how long it would take for people to realize, that I'm not just ol' washed up OB&M.

Well, this thread luckily stopped me from spouting off, 'cause the mail lady came again today at 9:30 and STILL no CM, and I'm like, "WHAT! YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" mad.gif

But still, how some really recent orders went out first is still a bit suspicious. confused.gif That sounds like a mix-up in the BTS warehouse.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-21-2000).]