who will get their game today?

I bet most who ordered early and who on the east coast near Maine will get their copy today.

I'm in canada I and bet I won't see mine until the end of the week frown.gif

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, anybody in the US has a good chance of getting theirs today (so long as you ordered fairly early - I was late October, so that should suffice). As I understand it, the shipment should have gotten to the distribution center Friday night. Sorting and getting it to distribution centers across the US (mine would probably be Kansas City) would take Saturday and maybe part of Sunday, at which point it is sorted and transported to the local post office, where they should arrive about late Sunday, to be sorted into routes and delivered today. This is just what I remember from an explanation a USPS friend gave me several months back, so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm probably pretty close (at least I hope so!).

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

UPS Shipping

Despite what the rates say, regular UPS within your geographical limit, mine being NC, VA, SC, GA, WV, TENN, will typically get from me to my recipient within 1 day (next day), and brother, I bet I send out UPS on the order of 12 or so packages per day.

So, if BF shipped mine on Friday, then add one day for processing in the NE, and one day for the SE to get to me, this translates to Tuesday, but you can subtract one day for the weekend. UPS will not deliver on Saturday unless you pay more for it, but it will be processed at the distribution centers over the weekend, which puts it at about a 95% chance my copy will be at home when I get there today.

The longest a UPS package ever took for me was 3 days from NC to California using regular UPS.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott C:

\the US (mine would probably be Kansas City) would take Saturday and maybe part of Sunday, at which point it is sorted and transported to the local post office, where they should arrive about late Sunday, to be sorted into routes and delivered today.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but that doesn't take into account traffic on the 105 out of LAX. There will probably be some terrible crash on the 105 and the USPS truck with my copy on it will be held up for 10 hours while they scrape the cars off the road or, even worse, involved in the crash.

Arrived today in Upstate NY. Preordered in April...

So Capt... Check your Mailbox neighbor smile.gif

Oops. Sorry to hear that. You should get it tomorrow. And I am NOT telling you where I Live wink.gif

-Rookie

[This message has been edited by Rookie (edited 06-19-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt. Manieri:

Mail man came and went! No Goddam package for me, dammit!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think justice would be served very well if you were the last person on the planet to get your copy.

Okay Captain, time to grow up. Just because someone who preordered after you got theirs first doesn't mean that theirs got shipped before yours did. BTS does what they can but once it's in the hands of the USPS all bets are off.

Joe

------------------

Compliments appreciated, Questions answered, Death Threats reciprocated.

Easy, Captain.

BTS cannot be held accountable for things getting out of order in the mail.

Send the boys at BTS an email only if it hasn't arrived by the end of the week maybe.

Think about the guys from Australia and New Zealand...

It will arrive. Just have faith.

(Oh, and I'm not condescending to you - I won't see mine for awhile here in Canada)

GAFF

I'm not blaming BTS for anything!! I think it's absolutely bonkers that there is:

A) No possible way to foolow a tracking procedure

B)people that ordered months later than I did, within miles distance from my house are recieving the game and I don't have it.

[This message has been edited by Capt. Manieri (edited 06-19-2000).]

Hey guys,

I went home for lunch today and there was a package at my door! I opened it up and sure enough, IT'S THE GAME!!!... biggrin.gif

Funny thing though, the name on the package said "Manieri". Oh well, time to enjoy biggrin.gif

BTW, i ordered yesterday biggrin.gif

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt. Manieri:

Rookie...

You preordered after me! And you still got it? I preordered in November and I still ain't got it. What the hell is going on here?? I'm kicking things in my house and getting totally pissed off. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes,I did. Maybe it did not get to your Post Office in time to get in todays mail. Its all how these things get routed dude. I am sure you will get it tomorrow..

Just don't pull a meltdown now...Getting drunk will not change things. And if you're pouring Beer gimme one smile.gif

-Rookie

[This message has been edited by Rookie (edited 06-19-2000).]