A final plea before the game ships! Please read!

Okay, Combat Mission will most likely ship this week. We are all very close to having this game in our hands after all this time. Steve and Charles have put forth a great deal of effort in getting this title to our hard drives. Many hours of studying history, coding, creating manuals, patching, testing, designing, losing sleep, spending time away from their loved ones, responding to emails and messages on the forum with never-before-seen dedication, thorougness, and patience, etc, etc. etc. The list could go on and on and we are all truly grateful.

As most of you are already aware, BTS has chosen to sell this game exclusively through their website for reasons I won't go into suffice it to say that it makes sense given the industry at hand. CM's success depends on us.

CM is not a mainstream game. It's not a clone of whatever is "hot" in the industry. It is not a Close Combat ripoff, a Red Alert wannabe, or a cousin of Quake, nor is it something that has you going "Yawn..Ive seen that before except it was called X". It is a game that is targeted at a select audience..us.

Now then, with all that in mind, it is paramount that we all make a pledge not to copy and distribute this game in any way, shape or form. For if anyone does, you will be contributing to the downfall of not only BTS and subsequent releases, but moreso to the dedication put forth by Steve and Charles over the last few years.

I urge each and every one of you to resist any temptation to burn a copy for friends. Should you be faced with such a situtation, tell them instead that they need to buy it and tell them why. Somewhere out there, someone who doesn't have to pay for it is gonna zip it up, put their pirate banner on it, and distribute the hell out of it without so much as a penny going to Steve or Charles or their families. If that happens, and BTS doesn't make enough on this game to make CM2 and so on, we all hold you to blame.

I hereby pledge that I will not allow the Combat Mission CD to be copied in any way or for CM to be installed on anyone else's computer but my own, and that I will ensure that no one who has access to my computer be allowed to transfer CM elsewhere, that if someone likes the game enough to want to play it and asks me for a copy even though providing it to them enables me to play them, that I will tell them how to contact BTS.

Signed TeAcH

For those of you that are interested in signing this online pledge, I welcome your name below. Thanks.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't have a burner and if I did I wouldn't!

so, nope nobody gonna get this from me!

I have and will continue to tell friends about this game...

da path

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 06-12-2000).]

I've already made it abundantly clear to friends and family that if they want to play CM against me then they had better pre-order a copy. If they choose not to do so that is just TOUGH NOOGIES. Nobody touches my copy but me. It's mine, ALL MIIIIIINE, MWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

Andrew W. B.

Smilies!!??!! SMILIES!!??!!! We don't need no stinking SMILIES!!!!!!!

I agree 100%. Nobody will get any copies from me. No copies, no piracy, not a single copy one to anyone. We must support the Herculean efforts of Charles and Steve and make sure they get all the money they deserve. I wish them much success with CM1 and those CM's to follow. I may even buy an extra copy of CM1 to in a small way help to further insure their success. Great work BTS and looking forward to playing CM1 soon.

Barbarossa

Count on it. I have turned all my computer playing targets of opportunity on to this game. I have met players on this board who have already made my computer game hours more fullfilling then other game has. If I would now allow my "friends" to buy their own copy, I would be stealing not only from BTS, and you, but also, from me.

Stay the course, count me in!

------------------

"The Legitimate object of war is a more perfect peace."

I will pledge not to copy or distribute CM illegally or do any other bad things. (However, I don't consider wiping the German Army out a bad thing! smile.gif)

Of course, you do realize that anyone who would pirate a game wouldn't bat an eye at lying about their pledge.

Nevertheless, it is good for people to stand up and be counted among the good and decent so more power to you.

Good gaming to all.

Darren