Germans or Allies (POLL)

Umm, i'd prefer Germans because of the panzerfausts in the infantry units and the good balance (armour/armament) in most German tanks. But most important is knowledge i think.

If you're very familiar with the material used by either side, both sides can give you the edge needed to claim victory.

Oh and my mother was no hamster i think...and if you claim she was one more time, i'll unclog my nose in your general direction you son of a silly person.

------------------

And remember kids....dressing up like Hitler in school, is NOT cool!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ubermac:

Oh and my mother was no hamster i think...and if you claim she was one more time, i'll unclog my nose in your general direction you son of a silly person.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do that... then I'll burst my pimples in your general direction you small-brained wiper of other peoples bottoms smile.gif

I pick the allies... Most of my research and reading has been onesided. I like playing axis too, but too predictable...Why you ask?

They LOST the WAR....Unconditional Surrender! biggrin.gif

------------------

"Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur."

General Guilio Douhet

[This message has been edited by GonzoAttacker (edited 09-11-2000).]

I normally play as Allies, read Americans, but I'll sometimes tackle a game from the German side to see how it plays out.

Cav

I really think people would be less inclined to be the Axis if they had to fight more "realistic" games.

[This message has been edited by CavScout (edited 09-11-2000).]

Well, personally I like playing the axis better. But will play any side to get a game going.

As for Cav's comment. It is true that a lot more people enjoy playing the Axis side since fights can be fair in CM. But I guess I am one of the few that doesn't care. I really don't mind playing the underdogs, I don't mind knowing I am going to lose. For me the challenge is doing the best with what I have.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Allies....

I love fast tanks with fast turrets and I like to run and GUN to get that juicy flank shot on that big shiny new Panther or King Tiger.

There is NOTHING more satisifying than taking down one of these Really big (supposedly industructable) German tanks by running a Sherman or Hellcat around beside it or behind it and pumping a heat seeking, armour pierceing, moisture missle enema inducing, 76mm, round right up its ass!

Ka BOOM!

K-Kill!

I play the Allies because I like the challenge of blowing up BIG German tanks!

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 08-18-2000).]

this is not a new post but I recycled it here for your edutainment or entermation smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Allies....

There is NOTHING more satisifying than taking down one of these Really big (supposedly industructable) German tanks by running a Sherman or Hellcat around beside it or behind it and pumping a heat seeking, armour pierceing, moisture missle enema inducing, 76mm, round right up its ass!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes, nothing like a lead enema to clean out the sinuses. eek.gif

------------------

Pair-O-Dice

"Once a Diceman, Always a Diceman."

Guest Michael emrys

So far I've only played the Americans. I like to be on the side that's winning. biggrin.gif

Later on, when I feel I've exhausted the possibilities as the Americans, I'll try the other Allies (soon, probably).

If I get really bored or curious, I'll give the Germans a shake, though I really hate to be fighting for a losing cause (I do enough of that in real life).

I expect that after CM2 comes out, I'll play mostly as the Germans, and then only for the first couple years of the war. Might play the Soviets in Stalingrad and Kursk, though.

I'll probably play both sides in CM3 and mostly the Germans in CM4.

Hope that answers your question. smile.gif

Michael

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Canadians all the way!

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

I feel the Germans are the superior army, due to:

1) Better MGs (thus more firepower per squad)

2) Better tanks (except for turret rotation!)

3) Better mortars (81mm tubes are super effective)

------------------

"Artillery is a terrible thing. God, I hate it."

Pvt. David Webster

101st airborne 1942-45

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Runyan99:

I feel the Germans are the superior army, due to:

1) Better MGs (thus more firepower per squad)

2) Better tanks (except for turret rotation!)

3) Better mortars (81mm tubes are super effective)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out <u><big>Hitler's Army:</big> The Evolution and Structure of German Forces, 1933-1945</u> by the editors of <u>Command Magazine</u>. Read Chapter XIII "The 1941 German Army/The 1944-45 U.S. Army: A Comparative Analysis of Two Forces in Their Primes".

Cav

I prefer the Allies. I have over the years lost my infatuation with the German army and all their cool uniforms and equipment. Also I'm a bit of a contrarian so I like to take the side that most people don't want to play. I guess that means I'll end up playing the Italians in CM3 (or was it 4). Imagine the fun of taking an M13/40 up against an early Sherman.

Most of the time the germans. First reason, I'am from germany and its a little odd to fight against your own country (so I understand every american or canadian who think likewise and play the allies), second reason, I like to replay historical battles like KG Peiper (wonderfull scenario I downloaded for KG Peiper fighting their way out at Stoumont) in the battle of the bulge and win for the underdog.

------------------

Thomas

Thomas... very funny you mention it being odd to play against one's own country. I almost always play as Axis and have not the slightest hesitation about brewing up platoon-fulls of Shermans and Stuarts smile.gif

And im American!!!! eek.gif

well, no one's perfect

Actually, I do it simply to hear the enthusiastic "JA!!" afterwards.

Its fun to play as Axis IMHO because it raises greater challenges to do more with less. I love defence QBs where i have no uberpanzers at all but am faced against a force at least 25% greater than mine with only a few AT guns, p.schreks and inf guns... Its very rewarding to pull these battles off. Being able to pick off a group of tanks reminiscent of a turkey shoot is always fun too regaurdless of what side your on... I just find that this mostly happens against the allies smile.gif

Zaff'

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CavScout:

Check out <u><big>Hitler's Army:</big> The Evolution and Structure of German Forces, 1933-1945</u> by the editors of <u>Command Magazine</u>. Read Chapter XIII "The 1941 German Army/The 1944-45 U.S. Army: A Comparative Analysis of Two Forces in Their Primes".

Cav

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds interesting. Can you tell me where I could get a copy? In the meanwhile, would you be willing to summarize their conclusions?

Michael