TAKING THE BLOODY PENG THREAD DOWNUNDER

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

Yellow Stream of menschiousness... [This message has been edited by mensch (edited 12-12-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's real... nice, mensch. Very... nice.

Uh guys, can I have some help here? Guys?

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is this crap??

Tell me about who you are disemboweling in a PBEM, people! I don't want a fricken English reading comprehension thread. See your psychologist about your fears etc. Like I give a rat's butt what you think about luggage. yeesh

Here is an example:

I just killed the second piece of armor from Seanachai last night. I'm making British marmalade of his troops and he likes to hide behind the only house on the map.

perhaps I'll make a poem entitled Tears in the Snowta - Seanachai's Struggle.

You got me so upset I bolded incorrectly.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

[This message has been edited by Hiram Sedai (edited 12-12-2000).]

Existential angst in the Cesspool? This is sheer madness. Menschy, you've done stared into the Abyss too long, though it's resulted in some of your more readable prose.

We embrace chaos, doubt, and uncertainty here. Nothingness is our Everything, you fool. Answers would only destroy the Beautiful Question. All that matters is our artillery arriving on time.

Kill, kill, and kill again. Die-a-lot Now . Don't think... react. Those are all the answers you bloody need.

If you want self-torment, have Hiram put your thoughts to verse and read them aloud. Start a new thread with "Wouldn't it be cool if..." in the subject line.

Thanks for sharing your crisis with us, and remember that most of us have trouble distinguishing you from jshandorf. Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

What the hell is this crap??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This "crap" is like a session of plucking out a succession of blood-swollen ticks and incinerating the culprits in little blazes of bright, phosporescent heat.

Don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

This "crap" is like a session of plucking out a succession of blood-swollen ticks and incinerating the culprits in little blazes of bright, phosporescent heat.

Don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember this Mensch. We are here for you. Your Aunt Croda baked up some yummy cookies and we have some warm milk for you. Your uncle Seanachai will be calling the gentlemen with the white coats to take you to your happy place.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Guest Germanboy

Hmm - if I am a cynical monocle-wearing Prussian aristocrat officer (let's think Erich von Stroheim for a second, shall we) - do I get to shoot people for crimes against my amusement on the thread/board? I have a small list here with their names. (*pulls out a black book the size of the New York City and State phone directory and slams it on the table*)

Could we have a punishable offense of 'Posting against reason and being a general moron' on which the Prussian military court sits (guess who will be Judge, Jury and Executioner)?

Maybe I have found a way to gainfully employ The Old Firm here...

Hiram - Mensch's happy place is Wunstorf.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-12-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Hmm - if I am a cynical monocle-wearing Prussian aristocrat officer (let's think Erich von Stroheim for a second, shall we) -

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More like Von Stueben. He liked little boys, didn't he?

------------------

We are fierce historical inaccuracers

- PawBroon

Time to initiate yet another slew of Game Updates

OGSF The Knighthood Challenge is coming to a close. We have sent each other more than 120 PBEM files since September. All to become a Knight. I have all 4 of my survivors sitting in the building with the flag and OGSF has a Sturmspankgeshutz thingie parked outside. I wonder if any of these French guys have grenades. I would like to pull the Shandorf maneuver. (like the Picard maneuver but the tank goes boom and burns alot - See game vs Croda for details) OGSF will have this game and my respect. Be sure to knight him and demote me to pool boy.

Berli Second game vs the Smokemaster. I am somewhat frightened by what I saw on his side of the map. Perhaps this is just a glimpse into the evil that is Berli. Should I start praying the rosary now?

Marlow Nice town ya got there. You might need a fire department because that one building has been burning for a while. I'm still waiting for a plan to pop up in my alcohol addled brain for attack. When it does, you are in so much trouble.

Shandorf I think I'm going to send the turns even slower. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Seanachai I don't care what your 5th Grade gym teacher said about you. You are not different. What is a daimler?

Elvis I remember him saying once that "no one is worse than me with armor". So, I sent him a setup with nothing but armor. moooohahahahah ha ha He is still my hero though. I'm going to get a King of South Philly sweatshirt.

Croda He won our last contest with an allied minor (very minor) victory. I still think he would have done better if it hadn't been so damn foggy. The beginning of our game had me parking a JagdPanther next to a building and he took it out with a Piat. (bastard) The end of the game had me taking out a Sherman ****fly V with a platoon leader. A platoon leader!!! and then I killed his little armored skateboard the same way. It was a good game.

PeterNZer Confusion reigns on my part as to what file to send him. Pete has decided to tutor me and beat me at the same time, so we have two games going on at once. Its like being mentored by Mephistocoles (Berli, did I spell that correctly?) The VOT2 game is a sad showing on my part. He is not cheating. But I think that my guys were secretly replaced by Teletubby tanks and fuzzy furbies. Can't prove it though.

Germanboy is still running a credit check on me and interviewing my family before we start, so watch this space for updates on that spanking.

I probably forgot someone, but then again apathy reigns supreme in this thread.

------------------

Phew. CM today at last.

Cromag: Being very careful to not advance into the same minefield where I shelled him before. As far as I'm concerned that's demonstrating learning behavior which is a positive sign. He also appears to be dragging a Nazi motor pool repair yard around with him somewhere in the back. Nothing I love better than blowing up German junkyards, so bring 'em on!

Marlowbrow: The honeymoon is over and he is one up on me in the world of tin cans. My first one goed BOOM! But I am resilient and will prevail.

jshandjob: We are getitng past that awkward "what kind of bra is she wearing tonight" stage and the sizing up continues. I will post recollections of his utter humiliation as they occur.

Mace wrote:

> Besides David, you could never be an Australian. If you were you would contravene our prime rule: no pooftas wink.gif

Huh, I've got a mind to forget a nice little quote I picked up a while ago concerning the rash of litigation in America which is now seeping across the Atlantic.

The British whinge; Americans sue. (Australians say "No worries, mate!" and buy everyone a beer.)

That said, you can never be forgiven for Neighbours and Home And Away.

David

I always knew Mensch would crack under the pressure. Just give him a good squeeze and he'll snap like a walnut. Hmmm... I just analogized Mensch to a nut. How fitting. Anyway.. The only down side is that there is no tangible reward, like food, for cracking Mensch open. Damn. Oh well... Another lost soul...

So, a mini-game update...

Seanachai: Continues to lose. Unless he is playing possum I should have this one wrapped up in about 5 more turns.

Croda: I can't figure him out. I am merely amazed at the inconsistency of his play. During one turn he will seize a commanding position and begins to look like he will quickly capitalized on it and then the following turn his units just sit there and make small talk with each other. TCs get out and check the oil and kick the boogie wheels etc... Meanwhile my troops take up new positions and my commanders rally broken troops. Croda gives ample time for me to prepare for the next assault, so much I almost consider counter attacking. Just amazing really.. amazing....

And as for our big battle... You call the map OPEN??? Geezsus... I wonder what you would call a map that is truly open. There is plenty of cover for your battalions of men to scurry to and fro. Quit yer whinin'

Hair Butt: Come get me.. Naaa Nah naa nah naaa nah! Ahhh.... Not sure if you are aware of the current situation but I am in control of the 2 of 3 VLs and the third VL is where the smoking hulk of a STuH sits. I don't have to come and get anyone. You need to try and get me. You follow?

Marlow: Advances one my left flank in force. Yawn... I watch and wait for him to actually do something. Mean while a word of advice... Watch the clumping... Such things are just too easy to drop arty on.

Boriarty: Man does the name ever say it. He is actually trying to use 105mm arty to knock out my TDs. Snore.... Wow, ya know that might actually work if I couldn't move them. In the meantime my infantry that advance go unmolested.

Here-I-Am-I-Suck: Sends a flippin turn once every week or so, so screw 'em.

Gerbilboy: Sent the setup and got into the "queue". Waiting for a response.

I think that is it... I really don't care if it isn't anyway so why to I even mention it? Beats me...

Jeff

Oh yeah.. I forgot Dalem.. I picked by which method he will Die. Now I just wait for him to reply. Damn... That rhymed.

[This message has been edited by jshandorf (edited 12-12-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

I would also like to thank all of you 'Poolers who stood by and watched my slug it out with Heideman without so much as a "Kick his ass, Croda!".

I couldn't even rely on the Frenchman!!!! (Well, I guess I could have seen that one coming...) Or more importantly, my Frenchman's girlfriend, the runaway Scot! Crap, does anyone on this board live where they're supposed to?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No...

Say, are you telling us that in those rare occasions when you wander out, you need the support, attention and TLC of your fellow Poolers?

Is your Inner Croda an Hiram Sedai or what?!

------------------

Our motto is, 'If the French, Germans, and Australians can understand you, you're probably Scottish; and so yer welcome to post here, ya' pillocks'.

Senility

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

Just give him a good squeeze and he'll snap like a walnut. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A walnut is a vital nut in the nut family ..my! without that walnut you would have no wonderful things like, walnut ice cream, walnut pie or thursday night SM parties.

Think of the ability of the walnut, it combined the energies of a thousand little stars to create one enjoyable sensual and exotic burp of gas. Speaking of gas.. have you ever wondered why golf carts don't go 100km/h? I mean whats the point of driving only 15km/h at tops think of the time saved between holes, I mean think of it, Blye McBrathers of Brathers & Brathers Co. the designer of the first wheeled caddy. Fine thing that was, he saw the need to get to one hole to another faster then walking with 20kg of clubs and such on your shoulders. he..my boy, would have been the Einstein of Golf bag transport I say!, if he was not born in 1708 and not in 1948. Well better that, then nothing I guess.

oh lookie those guys in white are searching for me now, so I got to find where I put that fully automatic nail gun that I got from Aunte Ruth for me birthday.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

No...

Say, are you telling us that in those rare occasions when you wander out, you need the support, attention and TLC of your fellow Poolers?

Is your Inner Croda an Hiram Sedai or what?!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course I don't need it. It's just nice on occasion for the group to go on a field trip and beat the piss out of some poor passer-by just because he's there. Verbal abuse of the grogs is also loads of fun. It's always wonderful when the 'Pool leaks into some idiotic thread (like the bicycles and horses thread) and puts their own stench on the thread, causing it to reek so badly that the inane arguments are abandoned and everyone goes home to the 88mm accuracy thread where they belong.

And Bastard, all that cover that you're blathering about is not in my setup zone. It's a little quirk with the game that you can only place your units in your area at the outset of the game. My other option would have been to split into half squads and place one half squad evey 750 meters in order to find trees for them to hide in. Given my American Civil War enjoyment, this makes it difficult to march at you in my favorite 'line-abreast' (go ahead, Bauhaus, get up and run around) formation.

Besides I have a plan. I bought a bunch of American soldiers, but used a mod that gives them German uniforms. You'll think that I have German troops and won't shoot at them, until it's too late. Muahahahahahaha.

And has anyone seen Morse, my sponsor? Did Meeks pick him up on his way back from the North Pole or something?

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

And has anyone seen Morse, my sponsor? Did Meeks pick him up on his way back from the North Pole or something?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is currently at Merzenhausen Zoo crying his heart out over the smouldering carcass of his favourite jungle animal - poor lad.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-12-2000).]

Has anyone tried www.dictionary.com ?

it showed me that I am a gutsherr.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Young Hiram, let see:

Hiram high-born. (1.) Generally "Huram," one of the sons of Bela (1 Chr. 8:5). (2.) Also "Huram" and "Horam," king of Tyre. He entered into an alliance with David, and assisted him in building his palace by sending him able workmen, and also cedar-trees and fir-trees from Lebanon (2 Sam. 5:11; 1 Chr. 14:1). After the death of David he entered into a similar alliance with Solomon, and assisted him greatly in building the temple (1 Kings 5:1; 9:11; 2 Chr. 2:3). He also took part in Solomon's traffic to the Eastern Seas (1 Kings 9:27; 10:11; 2 Chr. 8:18; 9:10). (3.) The "master workman" whom Hiram sent to Solomon. He was the son of a widow of Dan, and of a Tyrian father. In 2 Chr. 2:13 "Huram my father" should be Huram Abi, the word "Abi" (rendered here "my father") being regarded as a proper name, or it may perhaps be a title of distinction given to Huram, and equivalent to "master." (Comp. 1 Kings 7:14; 2 Chr. 4:16.) He cast the magnificent brazen works for Solomon's temple in clay-beds in the valley of Jordan, between Succoth and Zarthan.

Source: Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

Hiram, exaltation of life; a destroyer

Source: Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary

Hiram, GA (city, FIPS 39076) Location: 33.86547 N, 84.77466 W Population (1990): 1389 (517 housing units) Area: 6.0 sq km (land), 0.0 sq km (water) Zip code(s): 30141 Hiram, ME Zip code(s): 04041 Hiram, MO Zip code(s): 63947 Hiram, OH (village, FIPS 35658) Location: 41.31015 N, 81.14447 W Population (1990): 1330 (220 housing units) Area: 2.4 sq km (land), 0.0 sq km (water) Zip code(s): 44234

How strange indeed.

That and BableFish should be paired...

------------------

Our motto is, 'If the French, Germans, and Australians can understand you, you're probably Scottish; and so yer welcome to post here, ya' pillocks'.

Senility

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 12-12-2000).]

Has anyone tried www.dictionary.com ?

it showed me that I am a gutsherr

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From www.dictionary.com: Word of the Day for Tuesday December 12, 2000:

coruscate \KOR-uh-skayt\, intransitive verb:

1. To give off or reflect bright beams or flashes of light; to sparkle.

2. To exhibit brilliant, sparkling technique or style.

A word that obviously has no applicability to any of you.

[This message has been edited by Marlow (edited 12-12-2000).]

Pushbroom 1a A wooden pole attached to a rectangular bristled head. Used to push dirt around. Found in custodian's closet.

2a A French fellow

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geier:

Priscilla, Queen of the desert

The only good and true thing to come out of OZ. Ever.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And obviously the inspiration for your current wardrobe!

btw, how's the cross-dressing going, Geier?

I always maintain it's good to have a hobby one enjoys! wink.gif

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 12-12-2000).]