improved allied weathered tank bmps

I wasn't happy with the road-dust allied vehicles I made (but they still look good, imho), so I've been experimenting with this new weathered allied scheme. Found a very nice effect for british tanks which I think will look great. Check out the armour surfaces on this sherman~

improvedallied.jpg

now this looks like it's been in the field awhile smile.gif

-johnS

and here's the improved weathered british tank scheme~

improvedbrits.jpg

both the new allied and brit tank weathered looks should be finished by tomorrow (8-20)

If you want these, I'll see if I can get them posted somewhere. Give me a day or 2 to catch up on the email requests.... I'll make some room on my ftp so people can d-l them (8-21)

-johnS

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 08-20-2000).]

Tiger, these are the best you've done yet. For the first time I have no suggestions on how to improve on this. You've earned your degree.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Hi Tiger,

biggrin.gif

Guess what I eMailed you about just happened...

You should get a XDrive account and upload your Mods there.

Or if you can't or haven't an ADSL or Cable connection, I'll host them on the Public folder of my account.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

I'll just second what other people have said: get your mods up for us to grab! Anywhere, doesn't matter, but I can't stand watching your beautiful tanks and not being able to download them! Please, do this! FAST!

BTW: How are those regiment badges comming along? wink.gif

------------------

André

The shermans/fireflys are now up at :

http://www.negia.net/~jshki/weatheredshermans2.zip

http://www.negia.net/~jshki/weatheredbrits.zip

Any problems, drop me a line. I redid some of the darker-base firefly-shermans and lightened them up a bit. IMPORTANT: if I e-mailed you these zips, you will want to re-download from these urls to get the latest improvements.

-johnS

You have gotten this figured out, so how about getting with Mad Matt and doing an article for CMHQ on how to do it? I'd love to take a crack at it myself and I'm sure there's other model builders out there who would also!

I guess I should really figure out how to do this by myself, these .bmp files don't "fit into " the way things work on the Mac version do they?

Anyone else wnat to use these BEAUTIFUL textures on their Mac?

I am using the Mad MAtt Mac Mods #1 and they are COOL for the mac (since they really WORK) but I think these one's have to be converted or something.

any comments

thanks

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Remember that no dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>