Pleased to me you, won't you guess my name...

Guest Kettle Black

"Oh kettle, thou art black!" exclaimed the pot.

Used to have the nickname Geier (Vulture in German or so I was told. Don't correct me if I'm wrong wink.gif) when flying in Red Baron 2/3. Got tired of it. The name can be both a blessing and a curse, some think it's a troll name wink.gif

Took it after some intense Swamp Thing (Alan Moore era) re-readings.

Ho hum

Kettle Black

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kettle Black, I won't correct you on the Geier/Vulture thing because you're right. smile.gif

For my name, I was looking for some nickname I could use for Quake. (I had been using Redbaron for Descent, but it just didn't seem to fit for a FPS smile.gif )

Then I stumbled upon Dschugaschwili being Stalin's "real" name in a history book, thought: "sounds cool!", and kept the name in every computer game that supports names with at least 14 characters.

By the way, it was really nice when some of us students at the university met for a private LAN-party, and someone suddenly asked (slightly unnerved): "Who's this Dschu..., Dschuga..., Dschugawhat?" biggrin.gif

Dschugaschwili

Hakko Ichiu is a Japanese phrase that translates literally as "Eight Corners, One Roof".

The eight corners are the eight directions of the compass.

The one roof is the benevolent Greater East-Asian Co-prosperity Sphere of the invincible Japanese Empire.

At the center stands the supporting pillar: his divinely resplendent, glorious Imperial Majesty, the Tenno.

Kinda makes you want to disappear into the Phillipine jungle for 30 years, doesn't it.

Banzai, y'all.

Ethan

------------------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

PanzerShark goes a very long long way back smile.gif

My first name was WhiZ (going way back to the zx-spectrum). When games offred a last name in games i used WhiZ SewerShark. "Shark" because i love sharks and "Sewer" to give some "mean/dirty sound" to it.

When Sega made the game "Sewershark" which sucked bigtime, i wanted to change my name for safety reasons smile.gif

In those days i already played lotsa wargames and used to call myself UberWhiz when i could. But since it uses the word Uber and people can be offended by it, i changed to PanzerShark.

So that's how. When i play strategy/action-games it will always be PanzerShark.

In RPG's i'm known as bathor Soulkeeper. But that's way off-topic so i'l shut up now...thank you smile.gif

PanzerShark

ps. The capitol P and S should be in the name...or it's fake smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fiftymicrolitres:

At 1 milligram/ ml, 50 ul is what is required for a standard efficacious dose of LSD25 according to Remington's Pharmaceutical Science, assuming 100% purity.

5m

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW, it's your username which has a direct relation to my work (although not the LSD part) smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Black Sabot (edited 04-13-2000).]

Bauhaus- one of the most influential bands to ever come out of the post punk movement. Has been a major influence over a good majority of bands that consider themselves "alternative." Also a pretty excellent art movement in the '20's.

I choose mine as an homage to one of my all-time favorite TV shows: "The Prisoner" ; and to one of my favorite roleplaying games: Paranoia.

The other reason I like it is that it's impossible to form an opinion about me based on the name. If my name was BloodThirsty, you'd think you knew something about me.

Matt

Culex Pipians, actually Culex pipians italicised, spp. name lowercase. And there is more -- 3 varieties quinquefaciatus, molestus, and pipians. Quinks being the southern US form, pipians the northern form and molestus the intermediate. The little fly, (mosquitoes are a form of fly, the word translates directly as little fly) vectors Saint Louis encephalitus to us types. Now how's that for a small piece of work related grognardship! We shall wait for late May, as we have waited for the duration, some in stitches and some patiently, but all with fond anticipation. Viva CM!!!!!!!!!! and MADMATT's !!!!!!! diversions not to exclude numerous others such as this one. A little R&R injected here and there into the rollicoaster of good news, little news, bad news, indifferent news is not amiss.

Guest Germanboy

Two Canadian friends of mine in Japan used to call me Germanboy, it is sort of a nice username on the net, especially since I am German.

Soma, isn't your name also the name of the drug used to keep the people happy in Huxley's 'Brave New world'? So long since I read that/.

------------------

Andreas

Nothing that heroic for me: just a double abbreviation of my first name, Which I don't like, and won't mention. smile.gif After 17 years of usage only my father isn't fully trained in calling me Juju. Yet...

------------------

Juju

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darwin:

Teutonic, wasn't Prussia founded by those very individuals?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I can find it took them approximately 50 years of campainging to subdue the prussians.

Teutonic

Although I like to play the Presley angle it is really for Elvis Costello (my last name is Costello).

Major Tom, I almost used a Bowie reference as he has equal status in my mind.

Bauhaus, they did a killer version of Ziggy Stardust and the opening scene of "The Hunger" was incredible use of "Bella Lagosis Dead".

------------------

"Tryin to be so so bad is bad enough, don't make me laugh by talkin tough" EC

Jeff's my first name, and I used to use the nick Raider6 when online. Of course, that was a long time ago, and all of my Raider6 accounts scattered about fell into disuse.

I picked up the name of Raider6 during a wargame with the Army cadets. I was a Sea Cadet back then, and the army dogs asked us to play opfor for them on the defense. I was asked to command the force, around 90 cadets, and was given the radio call sign "Raider Six". Been Raider6 ever since....

BTW, we trounced the army slobs. I infiltrated two of my three platoons inside their perimeter before the exercise even started. Raider Five, my best bud and 2IC had the last platoon, who were assigned to harrass their forward positions. Exactly one minute after the exercise began, I blew my whistle, WW1 style, and my two platoons rushed the defensive perimeter from the inside, wiping most of them out. Only another twenty minutes of mop up, and we called it a day. The army dogs were pissed, and their CO threatened to bring us up on charges, but the O/Cs called it fair. LOL.

Hey, Rick614, is that the Greenling?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wittman:

How did I choose my battle-nick? Well, let's just say I mostly play as the Germans shall we? wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait a minute...

Wasn't Wittman Fionn's smurf name on this forum? I remember a tactics post by Wittman a while back where he had to admit it finally.

Although as far as I know, it should be Wittmann (makes much more sense as a German name).

Dschugaschwili

Well, my name is Stefan Bakker .... so S Bakker was just plain easy.

Practical? Yes, Boring? Yes. smile.gif

An alternative would have been Krill, my old MUD-username which stuck with me ever since. I usually reserve for more AD&D settings / games though.

And then again my 'nicks' for FPS-games like UT are usually Thumper or <dappere freddy> {brave freddy} as to ridicul all the other 'awe inspring' nicks you see in these games.

Picture it;

"Thumper killes THE_UBER_FRAGMEISTER with the schockrifle."

"Thumper splatters [DEATHSQUAD]REAPER all over the place with his rocketlauncher"

"Thumper is on a killing spree!"

(or whatever) just hilarious in my eyes. smile.gif

Grtz S Bakker

I've been playing infantry lately which allows you up to 8 aliases. whenever someone gets a kill it's shows up printed across the bottom of the screen (so and so killd by...) so you'll see names like "a heavy piano" or "police brutality" "some gay guy" etc. Pretty funny sometimes.

BTW if anyone plays there I go by Cleo.