What will you do???

Looking forward to the day that 'the box' arrives on my doorstep. Don't know about anyone else but the first thing i will do (after installation of course) is look at the editor, before trying out any of the new scenario's/ops. It is the inclusion of an editor that will give this game its longlivety and provide the CM community with a game that never ends.

I'll look at the editor too. Setup maps, situations of all sorts to test what ifs, tactics and so on. LOS will be tested under varyiing conditions. Basically I will make sure I understand exactly when and why things happen.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

I'll probably go take a good healthy ****...ohhh, you mean when we get the game. wink.gif I'll probably look at the editor as well, and just see what all the units we have to choose from.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you'll go take a good healthy **** so you can read the manual.

------------------

No smilies were harmed in the making of this post.

I have already done the most important thing I can while waiting for that sacred day...

...went out and bought a mouse that is shaped to fit both left and right hands, with a scroll wheel!! I don't want to have to stop in the middle of my fix, ehh... hit, ehh... game simply because my arm's nervous system has shut down for the duration. smile.gif ; >

Just out of interest, how many of you other guys lose the power of your legs whilst reading/researching on the toilet? Just the other day I had to prop myself up for a good 5 mins for the circulation to kick in...ohhh, the sacrifices we all make!

smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wesreidau:

Just out of interest, how many of you other guys lose the power of your legs whilst reading/researching on the toilet? Just the other day I had to prop myself up for a good 5 mins for the circulation to kick in...ohhh, the sacrifices we all make!

smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't know about my legs, but I've had the cheeks get a little numb biggrin.gif

------------------

No smilies were harmed in the making of this post.

ahhh, the arrival of 'the box'. I feel it will be a time to be savored and enjoyed. Opening the box is fun too, set it on the table and just watch it...for a moment, knowing that I have it and I can open it whenever I want. Perhaps some fine wine to go with the opening? smile.gif

Well, I probably won't go that far but I may make my entire family watch me open it...or is that too personal? hmmm...this is a tough one.

------------------

"If they are waiting for me to make the first move then I'll trick them and make my second move first."

I'm actually going to play a BUNCH of single-player scenarios, because I want as little delay as possible in going from opening the envelope to playing CM. After I've sated myself, temporarily at least, then I'm going to start generating random scenarios to see what the AI can do on-the-fly.

DjB

I'm gonna just fire up the very first operation!! Oh yes! And then the second, and so forth.

That, and call in sick. Excellent suggestion Sniperscope. biggrin.gif

------------------

Combat Axiom 46. Do unto others, before they do unto you.

The first thing i will do , is make a map with lots of elevation changes and cover terrain , probaby a river with a bridge for the main objective , then maybe build scenario with a long drive for allied armor as it trys to help the paratroops drop at the objective , kind of a bridge to far scenario. i enjoy building maps to play on.

I'm going to fix me up a game with some Crocodiles so I can actually see a flame thrower in action.Roast me up some Animal stew!!I can see it all now,bearing down on some unsuspecting Tigers and Panthers.Revenge!!Bring up the Fireflys boys.

"Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!"

Wine, Danno? In Salt Lake?

YES, another heathen, there is a God!

Or is that kinda like an oxymoron?

Joe

BTW, when's the first meeting of the Utah Chapter of CM? I want to be Treasurer ... have I mentioned the dues?

------------------

"I don't want them brave, I want them dead!"

Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson

Ive constructed a "walk in" enclosure around my computer, complete with deadbolt and vent holes. Ive given the wife her 30 day notice. She may only contact me by E-Mail, though only if the message header is "PBEM", because everthing else will be deleted. IVs are in place to prvent dehydration, and I have a bucket under my chair so I wont have to get up.

I've got a problem with me right foot going to sleep while on me throne. wink.gif (Best Australian acsent) Damn thing catches me right under me thigh. frown.gif

But just a quick question....What is going to be in the manual that we veterans don't know about already??? Other than data tables and equipment lists and such?

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

Guest MantaRay

I am going to see just how big of a scenario I can make until it becomes unplayible. I am going to try to do a Division vs Division or larger of all Heavy German Tanks and all US Zooks. smile.gif Ok not really, but i am thinking I can get atleast a division or more to work on my P-3 600.

And I had to buy a shelf for my bathroom to store all of my game manuals and Gaming Magazines...and CM's will fit just perfect.

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

I can't quite understand this obsession with reading game manuals while

relieving one's self. A.) With the exception of being struck

with serious illness, I don't require a 1/2 hour plus of restroom time.

B.) I do not find said environment particularly pleasing or

conducive to involved thought and reading about WWII tactical combat

(or anything else, for that matter).

The whole thing just strikes me as rather odd. No offense. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee:

I can't quite understand this obsession with reading game manuals while

relieving one's self. A.) With the exception of being struck

with serious illness, I don't require a 1/2 hour plus of restroom time.

B.) I do not find said environment particularly pleasing or

conducive to involved thought and reading about WWII tactical combat

(or anything else, for that matter).

The whole thing just strikes me as rather odd. No offense. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got some clue for you...

It's a certified wife-free environment.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped