Will we ever get a CMAK 2.0

I know this has been discussed a bunch of times but had a question.  Could the Battlefront Team just add a 1941-1942(late) TOE to the game as a paid patch update if you wanted it?  I mean people like me would love to make and design scenarios.  I don't think anyone would even care if we got scenarios just as long as we could get the TOE for old CMAK.  The tiles are already there, maybe just a toggle between Italy and Africa for some unique tile buildings and such but If I could I would love to see it again.  Starting Playing CMAK back when I was in my early 30's.... lol would love to do it before my 60's.  You all do a damn good job and as consumers, obviously we always are wanting.

Loyal Customer/Semper Fi.

James.

I've wanted CMx2 40-41 in the desert more than anything else.

They're just not going to put in the time and effort to create it since Steve says sales wouldn't justify it.

He certainly knows better than I do, but I'll keep hoping and dreaming of the day when I can once again enjoy the thrill of Crap Tanks™ in the desert blazing away at ludicrous distances and missing constantly.

I'm still hopeful that they'll get around to it. I think a careful reading of what Steve means whenever he says that sales wouldn't justify doing early-war content suggests that sales wouldn't justify doing early-war content right now. They can't do it in one big leap because there is too much new equipment that has to be modeled. But he has also implied many times that it is something they might be interested in doing someday. He openly said in the 2024 part 1 thread that they think France 1940 would be a great game to make, there's just too much new equipment for them to do it right now. He has said before that the only realistic way to do early-war would be to move back incrementally (and he hinted that 1943/44 eastern front might be on the table). The barrier seems to be the sheer amount of new formations and equipment that needs to be done, which would require a greater investment in time and money than they would be likely to get back in sales. But it is a barrier that can be chipped away at by moving the clock back in increments rather than in one great leap backwards.

What it all points to for me is that early-war, including North Africa, is probably still on the table. But it's a long way off, and no promises can be made at this point. They focused on doing the late-war first since that was clearly more profitable than early-war. Now that the late-war is finished it seems only logical that they're probably about ready to start inching the clock back. And pushing the clock back just one increment more from where we left off in the Mediterranean theater gets us into the fighting in Tunisia in 1943, which was the last campaign fought in North Africa. But I'm guessing at this point that a Tunisia 1943 game is still quite a few years away, seeing as other projects that shall not be named are probably going to be taking priority for a while.

So no, I don't think there will be any North Africa content in the short term (next few years at least). But I don't recall Steve ever saying never.

I would really like it too. We seem so close with Fortress Italy. Would require the time pushed back a little more and some new equipment I suppose but not a lot. There would be some buildings that would need to be changed / added plus all the usual TO&E work plus some scenarios. I would love to have such a game. In CM1 AK was my favourite.

4 hours ago, Vacillator said:

There must be at least a dozen who have previously said they would buy it 🤣.  Me being one.

If they adopted your trademarked name, who could resist it?

I'm telling you, Crap Tanks in the Desert would outsell Space Lobsters by an order of magnitude!

True, I also think that there is a plethora of people that would enjoy the challenge difficulties of early war, especially with the German Forces as their tanks were... say on Par with Allied tanks, not a real advantage, and the Soviets would definitely be a major challenge, from AT rifles to the obvious T-34, and KV tanks.  All in all I think the early war is more exciting as far as historical battles and just pure challenge.

Honestly, at least for the Mediterranean Theatre, I just wish we got the TOE's.  No scenarios or campaigns, we can make those ourselves. LOL  I just wan the ability to use the editor to create 41-42 (Late) Scenarios where I feel its most competitive on both sides.  Damn challenging for PVP as well.  PBEM.