Can't activate Downfall module on macOS

Clicking the activate link or manually doing `open -n /Applications/CM\ Final\ Blitzkrieg/CM\ Final\ Blitzkrieg.app  --args -showui` does nothing, no window pops up.

Invoking the game on the same *.app works as expected, but of course it doesn't have Downfall activated.

2 hours ago, Redwolf said:

Clicking the activate link or manually doing `open -n /Applications/CM\ Final\ Blitzkrieg/CM\ Final\ Blitzkrieg.app  --args -showui` does nothing, no window pops up.

Invoking the game on the same *.app works as expected, but of course it doesn't have Downfall activated.

We got a couple of Help Desk tickets today with sumfink like this and are working to figure out why. Right now we think it is a permissions issue. 

Yeah I am one of those tickets that Elvis is helping with.

When I click on the activate products it runs the terminal script and then CMFB doesn't open.

When I try and open CMFB by itself it bounces in the dock twice and then doesn't open.

I've just tried doing a fresh complete install and same thing is happening.

Edited by liamb

1 hour ago, liamb said:

Yeah I am one of those tickets that Elvis is helping with.

When I click on the activate products it runs the terminal script and then CMFB doesn't open.

When I try and open CMFB by itself it bounces in the dock twice and then doesn't open.

I've just tried doing a fresh complete install and same thing is happening.

Thanks, you just saved me a full install. :)

Hi, 

I also have the problem (Mac os 14.2.1)and I opened a support ticket. once the shell command is launched for the license nothing happens no window opens I tried to open the file in admin mode with the terminal with the command sudo + password but this does not change any window being opened.

I even tried a complete cleanup with apps and deleting certain things at startup... check disk access to folders and files...but nothing changes...

Thank you all

Edited by Dawoox

I have the same problem on my iMac too. I also have a ticket lodged with the help desk. The terminal script keeps giving an error. When I laugh CMBN, I see the Downfall module battles all greyed out as I have not activated the Downfall module yet. I dot even have the icon even though I have patched it through to 2.10

Both Charles and Steve are working with me to sort this out. It seems peple are seeing one of these 2 things:

1.  Script won’t run at all
2.  Script runs but there’s no screen confirming Activation and the game either launches without Downfall or fails to launch (bouncing icon in dock)

Does that sound right? 

45 minutes ago, dragonwynn said:

For me the script ran in the terminal and said it was successful. However the activation screen does not appear. The game litself loads fine with the 2.10 patch.

Same here!

Mille merci!☺️ d’avance!

Edited by Dawoox

Great news, folks. Charles has found the issue and is making a hotfix patch. Before posting it I want a couple of our beta testers to make sure it works but I think I will have sumfink today. 

Once we make sure it works I will replace the patch on our patches page and post a link in this thread. 

Thank you for your patience.

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

BAM!!! Charles delivered very quickly for us and @Ultradave and @Buzz jumped on testing it (not all heros wear capes).  Here's a link to the hotfix patch. V2.10b. The only thing this patch does is fix the activation software.

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/share/view/s67ebb0d11051471b82f38d1509193e67/fo3da7e1-e496-45bd-91c1-9474d1dbe5b7

THANKS

As I explained on the help desk. I've just installed the new patch on a clean install 2.03. The terminal launches without error for activation. The activation window opens fine but it is completely pink and closes immediately...

FYI I have this same problem with the activations of CMBN and CMSF2 (I don't have any other games) 
 I don't know where this comes from? of the mac system?

PINK.png

Do you try moving your mouse over the activation window? There is a graphics issue (for a couple of years now) with the activation window drawing in OS X. If you fiddle with the mouse you can get it to show flashing, and see where the license number window is and the Activate button. It will work if your mouse is in the right place even if you can't see it.

Of course, if this is all you can get, then that's a whole new problem. 

Dave

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

BAM!!! Charles delivered very quickly for us and @Ultradave and @Buzz jumped on testing it (not all heros wear capes).  Here's a link to the hotfix patch. V2.10b. The only thing this patch does is fix the activation software.

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/share/view/s67ebb0d11051471b82f38d1509193e67/fo3da7e1-e496-45bd-91c1-9474d1dbe5b7

Thank you. The activation worked for me.

However I also noticed that the activation window would become whited out after pasting in the key. Just randomly moving the mouse in it made the buttons kinda visible.

1 minute ago, Redwolf said:

Thank you. The activation worked for me.

However I also noticed that the activation window would become whited out after pasting in the key. Just randomly moving the mouse in it made the buttons kinda visible.

That's been an ongoing problem with the Mac versions for a couple of years now. There's a bug report on it, but I think so far, Charles hasn't been able to figure it out. It does work if you get the mouse in the right place.

Dave