Thinking of buying a new gaming PC and monitor

Hi

I am thinking of buying a new gaming PC and monitor, and have 2 questions:

1: would it be possible to run CM games on a 3440x1440 165HZ (very) widescreen monitor?

2: From last time I installed CM-games on a new PC - the present one - I seem to recall that one did not have to dl. all the files from the order history, but that there were one file that could be dl'ed and each module in the game could be opend with the key for each. Or is this just a false memory placed to cover the cruesome truth?🙂

Best regards

Morten

1)  Yes, I believe so.  I play on a 4K monitor and sometimes on a 2K monitor.  Never had any problems. (I might add that I got it to run across 2 x 2K monitors also)

2) Yes, that is correct but if its been a while since you downloaded, the current game version may have changed.

Good luck!

Edited by Probus

11 hours ago, 6plus1SMC said:

Thank you @Probus

Could someone give me a descreet hint, as where to find those "all in one" files?

Best regards

Morten

anything you download from the store now is an all in one (you'll notice right away from the file size, especially for CMBN).  You'll need license keys to unlock the individual items including major upgrades.  While you are at it, if you don't own them already this may be worth a look - the super bundle.  Battlefront

Edited by sburke

Just to be clear here... it's NOT the latest patches that you want to download. In your Battlefront Store account your order should be linked to a download. This download will be the "all-in-one" installer for that game. It's possible that the download may NOT have the very latest patch, but it WILL have all of the modules and battle-packs built-into that installer. You will NOT need to download any module or 'upgrade', they are 'slip-streamed' into that installer and will be installed when you install the game (i.e. - you do NOT have to run the installer again to install a module, etc.).

You WILL need the 4.0 license key (upgrade or 'base game' license key depending on when you purchased it). If you purchased any of the CM games BEFORE the 4.0 Upgrade was released, then you will need the 3.0 Upgrade or 'base game' license key to activate the game too. So the base game may need both the 3.0 upgrade/base-game license key AND the 4.0 Upgrade license key to fully activate the base game. Then you will need license keys for any of the modules or battle-packs you have purchased. You will need to launch the 'Activate New Products -...' shortcut that will be in the game's main folder in order to make any activations beyond the initial one.

On 7/11/2023 at 11:08 AM, 6plus1SMC said:

Thank you @Probus

Could someone give me a descreet hint, as where to find those "all in one" files?

Best regards

Morten

Any game that is at Game Engine 4 OR any 4.0 Upgrade download are all all-in-one installers.

Pro Tip: While downloading and installing, gather all of your license keys and put them in a Word doc or somefink. That way when you've done installing activating can happen very quickly.

I should add......How will you know if your game is using Game Engine 4 when looking at them in your account? The Product ID will end in V4. Like "CMFI-B3V4" for the Fortress Italy Big Bundle. The V4 at the end lets you know it is Game Engine 4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been threatening to get a new rig for a few years now. And I've gotten back into playing CM, and I'd like it to be a bit spiffier looking than it is at present. Probably because my box is from 2012, with an AMD A10-5700 APU with a 3.40 GHz Radeon graphics card.
But I don't want to drop a bundle.

So the search goes on.