AI generated pictures for scenarios

I was reading a little bit about text based AI-generated pictures and stable diffusion and found a link to a website called Stability-AI/Stable-Diffusion

Here's another one called Stable Diffusion Online

I got a little bit curious and decided to try it out so in the window for the text I wrote "Hitler in underwear waving a hand, Churchill on a chair reading a newspaper".

As I didn't separate Hitler from Churchill in the text I wrote, these two characters got merged which made Hitler a bit fat. And it seems the text "in underwear" was too much for the AI.

The pictures below are the result.

Screenshot-20230629-163056-Firefox.jpg

Screenshot-20230629-163103-Firefox.jpg

I did a new try and decided to separate Hitler and Churchill. So I wrote "Hitler in German underwear waving a hand, Churchill beside on a chair reading a newspaper, a young lady sit on Churchhill's lap" and the results are below.

Screenshot-20230629-170837-Firefox.jpg

Screenshot-20230629-170822-Firefox.jpg

It was time for a bit more serious attempt so I wrote "German world war 2 soldier runs on a street, Soviet village, T34 tank in the background" and the results are below.

Screenshot-20230629-172117-Firefox.jpg

Screenshot-20230629-172109-Firefox.jpg

Try these online text to picture generators out and have fun with your pictures.

If done properly with correct choice of text and a bit more advanced text to picture generators (online or open source to install on our computers) it is maybe possible to make interesting enough pictures for the different scenarios.

Edited by BornGinger

• 2 weeks later...

It seems most people on this forum are old farts with no interest in the future of making custom made pictures for either their homemade scenarios or ww2 pictures in general with only their interest in the AI technnology provided and their imagination of what a picture could look like to limit their creativity.

14 hours ago, BornGinger said:

It seems most people on this forum are old farts with no interest in the future of making custom made pictures for either their homemade scenarios or ww2 pictures in general with only their interest in the AI technnology provided and their imagination of what a picture could look like to limit their creativity.

Yes, I'm an old fart.

A "homemade WW2 picture" is nothing but a fake. I don't intend to go into that.

On 7/12/2023 at 7:28 AM, PEB14 said:

Yes, I'm an old fart.

A "homemade WW2 picture" is nothing but a fake. I don't intend to go into that.

20 hours ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

Me too.

Those are horrible and I rue the day it's easy to make some that aren't.

Such cowards both of you.

On 7/11/2023 at 11:27 PM, BornGinger said:

What you think about us is none of our business.

I had already been messing with  the AI generated art programs on line.

Done much better than these.

But I do find it interesting in how the programs seem to lack the ability to grab precise images to mix and use at times. They seem to be very limited as to what images the programs  are accessing.

Thus making it hard to get the image you are trying to create with them

So far I am not impressed with them. But for someone with no skills to create their own, it has a place.

6 hours ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

There are horrible things awaiting down that slippery slope.

I would have to agree with Vergeltungswaffe on this...If we within a few years will be unable to trust pictures, video and recorded speech things could turn really ugly when it comes to things like legal and political matters...

On 7/14/2023 at 7:07 AM, CarlXII said:

I would have to agree with Vergeltungswaffe on this...If we within a few years will be unable to trust pictures, video and recorded speech things could turn really ugly when it comes to things like legal and political matters...

These times are already there...

On 7/13/2023 at 6:56 PM, BornGinger said:

Such cowards both of you.

😏

We already had this discussion, regarding ChatGPT, elsewhere on this forum.

I already had the opportunity to use AI for scientific matters. It's an interesting and useful tool. But I'm definitively not found of it for CREATIVE purposes, if only because it blurs the frontiers between true and fake.

And don't drag me into that "truth is a relative kind of thing" mess; I don't buy it. 🤨

It's still hit and miss and the AI doesn't know what real time period weapons are ie, Sherman tank, but you can get some ok stuff, the engines regularly ad a fifth finger, and other strange things but it is getting really good, I personally would never try to pass off a AI image as real but AI does have it's place, in illustrating images for articles and blogs etc... 

I made a set of British Infantry from WW1...

JDdWmP.jpeg

Look at that expression and fear...

JDdZn9.jpeg

Getting movement...

JDd6ub.jpeg

Again the face of what is about to happen...

JDdEZz.jpeg

Make the viewer think how bad it must have been????

But the AI really shines for me in producing images from another age, before photography existed?????

JDdIQo.png

Viking warlord...

JDdium.png

First Punic war...

JDdg52.md.jpeg

And on a lighter note..

JD9h7c.jpeg

Guess who?

So the quality of the AI images is in the prompts the better the prompt the better the image, love or hate it it is here to stay.... Very scary on a grand scale and this is just the beginning?

Imo opinion it is not cheating. The Old Masters had their toys too. Camera Obscura literally Dark Room, the Master sat inside his Dark Room and a Peephole reflected the image of his subject upside down on a White Wall. With mirrors the Master traced this image on canvas. That is how some photographic like images were painted in the 17th Century. More or less the same we do with Software on the computer.

Edited by chuckdyke
spelling

2 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Imo opinion it is not cheating. The Old Masters had their toys too. Camera Obscura literally Dark Room, the Master sat inside his Dark Room and a Peephole reflected the image of his subject upside down on a White Wall. With mirrors the Master traced this image on canvas. That is how some photographic like images were painted in the 17th Century. More or less the same we do with Software on the computer.

Yep I agree, although strangely, I understand the opposition...  I like it, and is great for making time period images?

8 minutes ago, NPye said:

I like it, and is great for making time period images?

This guy cheated Goring saw it as his patriotic duty. But he fooled all the experts by painting the old masters himself. Died in 1947 imagine what he could do with Photoshop?

2 minutes ago, NPye said:

Awesome bud, great skill... How the greats could be copied...lol

BTW most of the greats could paint like the grand masters, they developed their own style and broke away from tradition...

I watched a movie on Netflix about him, very enjoyable. To become a millionaire during WW2 is a hard act to follow. 

3 hours ago, NPye said:

So the quality of the AI images is in the prompts the better the prompt the better the image

Probably more in the kind of AI generator you use. The good ones cost money to use. Try going back to the free generators Bjorn posted at the top and see if you can prompt anything good out of them :)

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

Probably more in the kind of AI generator you use. The good ones cost money to use. Try going back to the free generators Bjorn posted at the top and see if you can prompt anything good out of them :)

Ya i know some of the free ones are awful. 

On 7/17/2023 at 2:23 AM, NPye said:

I made a set of British Infantry from WW1...

So the quality of the AI images is in the prompts the better the prompt the better the image, love or hate it it is here to stay.... Very scary on a grand scale and this is just the beginning?

Nice now those are actually worth looking at and I can see a path to being useful when presented with some examples that make sense.

Just skip over the utter trash form the OP.