AI generated pictures for scenarios

On 7/17/2023 at 7:23 AM, NPye said:

the engines regularly ad a fifth finger, and other strange things but it is getting really good

You need to use the negative prompt option to mitigate this a bit.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:23 AM, NPye said:

I personally would never try to pass off a AI image as real but AI does have it's place, in illustrating images for articles and blogs etc.

That is exactly what I wrote in the first post of this thread. This AI image generating function called Stable Diffusion can be used for making images to our homemade battle scenarios. But people began to complain and say it would be commiting a fake to do that.

And those comments were made although video games about historical things that happened already are a fake as all they can do is to allow the AI-enemy to follow the code that has been written.

The best online AI-image generation online tool I have tried out so far is Dezgo. There is of course also the Google Colab and other online tools which can be found in This List.

I tried to install Automatic1111 on my computer but it seems I have some problems with PyTorch so I'll try with Invoke AI to see if that works better.

@NPye Did you use an online service to do those images above or have you installed Stable Diffusion and Automatic1111 or Invoke AI on your computer?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 11:23 PM, NPye said:

It's still hit and miss and the AI doesn't know what real time period weapons are ie, Sherman tank, but you can get some ok stuff, the engines regularly ad a fifth finger, and other strange things but it is getting really good, I personally would never try to pass off a AI image as real but AI does have it's place, in illustrating images for articles and blogs etc... 

I made a set of British Infantry from WW1...

JDdWmP.jpeg

Look at that expression and fear...

JDdZn9.jpeg

Getting movement...

JDd6ub.jpeg

Again the face of what is about to happen...

JDdEZz.jpeg

Make the viewer think how bad it must have been????

But the AI really shines for me in producing images from another age, before photography existed?????

JDdIQo.png

Viking warlord...

JDdium.png

First Punic war...

JDdg52.md.jpeg

And on a lighter note..

JD9h7c.jpeg

Guess who?

So the quality of the AI images is in the prompts the better the prompt the better the image, love or hate it it is here to stay.... Very scary on a grand scale and this is just the beginning?

those wwi shots look  really, really good, but there's still something that doesn't completely make it across uncanny valley .  they don look like very good illustrations, though and i fear for graphic artists.

cheers,

rob

There something about an illustration, either moving or a still, that has an important quality that AI can't inject. The human quality. Think of the Claymation Xmas shows like Rudolf. Not accurate representations of anything other than it makes us watch them once a year with a cup of hot chocolate. More real than some perfectly rendered chick on Instagram because people rejoice over the simplicity. Monet would throw up if shown AI generated art. 

• 3 weeks later...