Cold War latest patch 1.04

Sorry, you misinterpreted what I meant. I am a PC (Windows) user, not a Mac user. Your v104 patch only lists two files, one is a read me and the other is for Mac users only. There is no v104 patch file there for Windows users. I have spoken to others on the forum, and the Windows patch was available for them a few days ago, and they downloaded it. It has since been removed/disappeared. There is a competition beta test starting on 4th July, and participants need the Windows patch to be able to access the beta tournament

7 hours ago, Redwolf said:

Isn't there another patch coming Monday to fix the tournament scoring? Maybe the old 1.04 was pulled for that reason.

@BFCElvis

Yes. I hope to have the v1.05 patch available tomorrow. The scoring was completely borked (technical term) with v1.04. The scores were flipped. The winner got the loser points. The loser got the winner's points. But that has been fixed. The build has bee tested. Just waiting on the installer for release. Matrix and Steam will be releasing theirs tomorrow.

10 hours ago, drewshotsfan said:

Sorry, you misinterpreted what I meant. I am a PC (Windows) user, not a Mac user. Your v104 patch only lists two files, one is a read me and the other is for Mac users only. There is no v104 patch file there for Windows users. I have spoken to others on the forum, and the Windows patch was available for them a few days ago, and they downloaded it. It has since been removed/disappeared. There is a competition beta test starting on 4th July, and participants need the Windows patch to be able to access the beta tournament

You are correct. I pulled the v1.04 patch because I wanted to make sure anyone who hadn't installed it yet would install the soon to be released v1.05 patch.

To be honest, I actually thought so too.
To quote from Steve's 2022 preview post:

"...Updated CMSF2 and Black Sea (1st Quarter) - both previously released Matrix/Slitherine CM Families will get the PBEM++ and Tournament systems as free updates.  Any bug fixes and what not that have come up from Cold War development will be rolled in as well. "

On 6/30/2022 at 4:12 PM, MikeyD said:

The patch adds access to a couple Steam-based features, and Steam is PC only. There's nothing in the v104 patch beyond that.

Steam is NOT PC (windows) only. It is available on MAC and Linux as well. 

https://store.steampowered.com/macos

https://store.steampowered.com/linux

And CM titles run at least on the linux platform as well as I already proved it (I suspect also on macos but I doesn't have one to test it).

Edited by Bufo

1 hour ago, Bufo said:

Steam is NOT PC (windows) only. It is available on MAC and Linux as well. 

https://store.steampowered.com/macos

https://store.steampowered.com/linux

And CM titles run at least on the linux platform as well as I already proved it (I suspect also on macos but I doesn't have one to test it).

CM is not available for Mac OS X on Steam. CM is PC only on Steam, as is the PBEM++ feature. I think that's what MikeyD meant. You're right, though - plenty of other titles on Mac OS X on Steam, just not CM.

I've tried running Black Sea using Parallels Desktop and the results were unsatisfying. It works to a fashion, but the graphics are horrible, and it lags (a LOT). If I had a separated graphics card it would probably be better. That's not an issue on the Mac side, but Intel on board graphics don't work well enough on the PC side. I suspect the same would be true in Bootcamp (I haven't personally tried that), and that the issue is the lack of a separate GPU.

Dave

21 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

CM is not available for Mac OS X on Steam. CM is PC only on Steam, as is the PBEM++ feature. I think that's what MikeyD meant. You're right, though - plenty of other titles on Mac OS X on Steam, just not CM.

I've tried running Black Sea using Parallels Desktop and the results were unsatisfying. It works to a fashion, but the graphics are horrible, and it lags (a LOT). If I had a separated graphics card it would probably be better. That's not an issue on the Mac side, but Intel on board graphics don't work well enough on the PC side. I suspect the same would be true in Bootcamp (I haven't personally tried that), and that the issue is the lack of a separate GPU.

Dave

Using Proton on Linux the game speed is not so horrible. Maybe it is not as good as on windows, but playable nonetheless.

You could try using proton on your mac as well. Needs a custom one, but its very easy to make.

I just checked with the rumpenheim rumpus battle, it runs very fluidly, Its almost as if on windows. Maybe there is not even a difference.

Edited by Bufo