How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

2 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Prig knows where to hit, give him that.  Likely been thinking about this move for awhile.  Ironic if he can quickly take a major city in a lightening strike…you know….after Feb 22…

So if Prighozin starts sending out orders from that building thru channels that people have been trained to obey on pain of death, literally more or less, how many units will follow them out of ingrained habit?

4 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Prig knows where to hit, give him that.  Likely been thinking about this move for awhile.  Ironic if he can quickly take a major city in a lightening strike…you know….after Feb 22…

What I'm asking folks and getting no answer on is what happens if Putin can't find anyone to fight Wagner? 

1 minute ago, billbindc said:

What I'm asking folks and getting no answer on is what happens if Putin can't find anyone to fight Wagner? 

Hard to believe frankly, with all its heavy equipment. Also regime propaganda machine need a solid kick to start working, but when it moves it will probably rally many loyalists.

Just now, billbindc said:

Putins life expectancy starts to be measured in hours, perhaps minutes. Because ten seconds after the inner circle realizes Putin is losing, the one that walks out on the balcony with Putin's head is the only one Prigozhin might not kill.

2 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

OMG OMG OMG RA surrenders this command center w/o a fight?????????   WTH is going on here?

Out of likes, some great comments & insights above. 

I do not believe that to be active tbh, that wouldve been a prime target for Stormshadow etc

2 minutes ago, Beleg85 said:

Hard to believe frankly, with all its heavy equipment. Also regime propaganda machine need a solid kick to start working, but when it moves it will probably rally many loyalists.

Between a fight with Wagner and the epic loss in Ukraine that Prigozhin has probably made the rest of the way inevitable, they are going to have to kick the rallying into high gear. I mean Ukraine commits EVERYTHING in in the next 24 hours at the latest don't they? I really doubt not knowing whose orders to take improves the performance of the average mobik battalion.

2 minutes ago, dan/california said:

Between a fight with Wagner and the epic loss in Ukraine that Prigozhin has probably made the rest of the way inevitable, they are going to have to kick the rallying into high gear. I mean Ukraine commits EVERYTHING in in the next 24 hours at the latest don't they? I really doubt not knowing whose orders to take improves the performance of the average mobik battalion.

no, give this a chance to play out and stick to the plan.

Just now, Beleg85 said:

Will it? The Russian state looks paralyzed right now and Rosgardia/OMON troops are simply letting Wagner drive around them despite direct orders to stop them violently if necessary. This is a demobilized state. There's no reason to expect that to change. 

2 minutes ago, billbindc said:

Will it? The Russian state looks paralyzed right now and Rosgardia/OMON troops are simply letting Wagner drive around them despite direct orders to stop them violently if necessary. This is a demobilized state. There's no reason to expect that to change. 

I am officially going to brag. I said months and months ago that Prigozhin was going to make himself Czar or get messily dead. I should have put money down.🤣

4 minutes ago, billbindc said:

This is important city, but very far from Moscow, where real power always lies and many loyal units are stationed. It is also night, so we will see how propaganda will react during the day. I wouldn't like to be in their shoes...they need to feed something for population, but may lack instructions from Kremlin what to actually think.

If Prig will indeed take hold of Rostov- it does seem to be the case- Kremlin will probably need to negotiate with him for some time, downplaying violence (if such already happened) and treat it as kind of "petition" to ruler- note Wagner do not question Putin position as such, only generals in MoD. But yeah, pretty complicated situation.

4 minutes ago, Beleg85 said:

This is important city, but very far from Moscow, where real power always lies and many loyal units are stationed. It is also night, so we will see how propaganda will react during the day. I wouldn't like to be in their shoes...they need to feed something for population, but may lack instructions from Kremlin what to actually think.

If Prig will indeed take hold of Rostov- it does seem to be the case- Kremlin will probably need to negotiate with him for some time, downplaying violence (if such already happened) and treat it as kind of "petition" to ruler- note Wagner do not question Putin position as such, only generals in MoD. But yeah, pretty complicated situation.

I do agree that there will be negotiations...there probably already are conversations happening. But Putin's continued absence has me wondering what's going on with him. He may simply not have the ability to make a deal that other factions would accept.

17 minutes ago, dan/california said:

And now come to the next hard question. Would Putin give the order to nuke a RUSSIAN city? If he gave the order would it be followed?

why?  If he nuked Rostov, the Ukraine invasion definitely comes to a halt.  it'll be a day or two before we know if Prig hasn't just signed his own death warrant or if the RA becomes unreliable.  Either way, I don't see him leveling Rostov.  If it does end up with an urban grind, then Putin has bigger problems.