Mi-24P Hind AT-6 issue

Lethaface

In a PBEM played recently I had a pair of Mi-24P Hinds with AT-6 missiles (Playing as UKR vs UKR in CMBS 2.16 BFC). 

Over the course of the battle I guess some ~10 ATGMs were fired, all of which exploded off map. The Mi-24 were doing fine on gun runs. I thought it was a bit too much for bad luck, and just came upon a post in CMCW where a similar issue seems to be present:

I do have saves available if needed. Screen:

404662501_CombatMissionBlackSeaScreenshot2022_01.14-19_37_00_26.thumb.png.7764ec684c46953e3df414d5d8df565c.png

Since this matter has been. duly reported to BFC, there should be no spiraling over SPIRAL. Had to say it!  On a more serious note, do the Russians use anything with what they call the 9K114 Shturm? Don't have my CMBS Manual handy, but was thinking it might be a low end attack helicopter armament option.

Regards,

John Kettler 

30 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

Since this matter has been. duly reported to BFC, there should be no spiraling over SPIRAL. Had to say it!  On a more serious note, do the Russians use anything with what they call the 9K114 Shturm? Don't have my CMBS Manual handy, but was thinking it might be a low end attack helicopter armament option.

Regards,

John Kettler 

No, that launcher is not featured on helicopters (although it is utilized by the 9P149 Shturm-S vehicle). Although I'm not sure if there is difference between missiles AT-6 Spiral and 9K114 Kokon.
Edit: I was somehow confused by the manual / your question (and it being too late). The launcher is called Shturm, the missile Kokon. Nato calls them AT-6. Then there is the Shturm-S ATGM vehicle which came later.

So the AT-6 Spiral = 9K114 Shturm.

Edited by Lethaface

1 minute ago, John Kettler said:

Lethaface,

Thanks. Given that when the Russians invaded Georgia, to maintain OPSEC and OPDEC, the used lower category units and equipment, it doesn't seem at all odd to me that, at some point, BFC might add in the option for the Russians to use older weapons.

Regards,

John Kettler

Actually I think it is the same as AT-6. The ATGM vehicle is called the Shturm, it fires the 9M114 Kokon missile. That missile has NATO reporting name AT-6. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K114_Shturm

Mm my post editing didn't work.

Anyway I was confused by your question / manual (and it being late). The launcher is called the 9K114 Shturm while the missile it holds/fires is the 9M114 Kokon (intended for use on helicopters). Later they also developed the 9P149 Shturm-S ATGM tank destroyer. 
However, the 9K114 Shturm + 9M114 Kokon = AT-6 Spiral.

Lethaface,

Am so used to decades of ASCC designators for Soviet, Warsaw Pact and now Russian weapons that I still flounder when keeping the GRAU designators and transliterated Russian names straight. Frankly, I don't know how the Russian troops are able to keep all that alphanumeric GRAU soup straight in the their head, especially for weapon systems which have an array of also GRAU designated components.Back when I was in military aerospace, we had no transliterated Russian name for the AT-6/SPIRAL at all. We did have that info for earlier ATGMs, though.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...

Lethaface,

Was this a QB or a scenario? In my limited CMBS play, I've learned the hard way that relying on air assets can be pretty iffy. Bought a pair of drones once, and they didn't last long enough to direct a single fire mission. Never was able to afford even a helo for CAS, much less a jet. My solution was 120 mm mortars, with 155 mm, budget permitting.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2022 at 1:36 PM, AlexUK said:

This is a big bug... Playing the last CMBS shield of Kyiv campaign and it is exceedingly difficult with this bug. 4 hinds on call loaded with atgms. None hitting, all detonating off-map. Any chance of an Eta? Super frustrating to play at the moment. 

Fellas, this bug spans titles, we are seeing the same in CMCW.  Been reported and worked on.

On 4/1/2022 at 11:40 PM, The_Capt said:

Fellas, this bug spans titles, we are seeing the same in CMCW.  Been reported and worked on.

Thanks for the response. Any idea of eta for patch? Original 2022 plans were for Cold War update in 1st qtr. I can assume that has slipped (not least due to current events), but would be very helpful to have a rough updated  timescale if possible.