Thanks, BFC, for the surprise!

Was highly puzzled earlier today to receive a Priority Mail from BFC, mail wholly unexpected. Turns out it was the physical copy of CMCW on a DVD, when I thought there wasn't going to be one at all. Am unsure whether Pre-Orders were to get one or not, but I do recall there would be, unlike CMBS Pre-Orders, no physical manual.  INnany event, what a wonderful treat!

Regards,

John Kettler  

Lol yeah I got mine too. I was happy and surprised to see that. However I found it ironic the cover was a picture of a m60 smashing through the Berlin wall after I was told "Ain't never gonna happen."

I hope this isn't just ironic and maybe an official Berlin map is in the works. People would expect that when looking at the cover. :)

In the editor there is a US infantry Battalion [Berlin]. So they're available for use. There was some consideration, I recall, of importing Berlin maps from CMRT but there's the issue of different building sets being used and CMRT having its own dedicated map stuff like rubbled walls that aren't in CMCW. Also, wouldn't the CMRT Berlin maps be largely of East Berlin?

I have played a pbem using the berlin brigade already, my they smashed all my armor as the soviets. But I gave them a pretty good bloody nose. 

Post conversion there are a couple of building types that sometimes have extra invisible floors, or roofs that look like an upper floor. It seldomly occurs though... if anything its nearly at the same rate as maps from official releases. 

The black rubble walls are the most prodominant issue. They are the only part of the maps that dont translate. 

It is true, the Berlin Wall is found only on the West Berlin map, and then it's barely on the map. It would fit for a QB, but probably not a master map.

If there was a tool to shift the items/buildings/topography on map Eastward then it could make sense to use the West Berlin map with an extension added to the West. 

The amount of effort that went into the Berlin map must have been truly incredible and insane. It would be a total waste to leave it bound specifically to F&R. Most people that dont own F&R probably dont even know it exists, something that would certainly influence their purchase. 

34 minutes ago, Artkin said:

The amount of effort that went into the Berlin map must have been truly incredible and insane. It would be a total waste to leave it bound specifically to F&R. Most people that dont own F&R probably dont even know it exists, something that would certainly influence their purchase.

I'm nuking it (slowly).....Post apocalypse, nobody cares where the border was**, it's edible food and potable water they're worried about (& the radiation & the gangs of armed marauders).  ;)

**  If you have already made an edit of the West Berlin map that features the wall, I'd be very interested to nuke see it.  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'm nuking it (slowly).....Post apocalypse, nobody cares where the border was**, it's edible food and potable water they're worried about (& the radiation & the gangs of armed marauders).  ;)

**  If you have already made an edit of the West Berlin map that features the wall, I'd be very interested to nuke see it.  B)

I was going to, but it would definitely take some work. And then I wouldn't be able to upload it and benefit from the work. It would be all mine :/

On 1/6/2022 at 7:35 PM, John Kettler said:

Was highly puzzled earlier today to receive a Priority Mail from BFC, mail wholly unexpected. Turns out it was the physical copy of CMCW on a DVD, when I thought there wasn't going to be one at all. Am unsure whether Pre-Orders were to get one or not, but I do recall there would be, unlike CMBS Pre-Orders, no physical manual.  INnany event, what a wonderful treat!

Regards,

John Kettler  

We needed to wait until PBEM++ was added. We didn't want to ship something that would be obsolete straight away. I've had the cover art for a while. I love it. 

And no, it was not part of pre-orders. Anyone who got one ordered a physical copy.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:25 PM, John Kettler said:

BFCElvis,

Much appreciate BFC's diligence on maximizing customer value received and your explanation ref how people got/get the physical game. I think the cover art is cool, bears a foreshadowing message and is atmospheric as all get out!

Regards,

John. Kettler

A foreshadowing message, John?

• 2 weeks later...