Target Arc Bug or by Design.....known?

All games are updated with latest versions, I'm currently in a pbem where a Panther got in behind my M10 , I was kind of trapped and I thought my best odds were to give the M10 a 180 degree Armor arc to the rear , the M10 turret was facing completley forward for a 180 degree turn.  The turret never turned , the panther spotted and destroyed the M10. I did some digging turns that out no turreted tank will make an exact 180 degree turret turn from any position,(ex:facing 90 , will not goto to 270) I did alot of testing on this if someone can confirm.

I can't reproduce this in CMCW. Also, I'd use "M" for armored TA rather than "K" to address the situation described in the top post.

Anyhow, I tried both types of TAs and the vehicles (M60s) traversed from front to back...

EDIT: CMCW 1.03 (non-steam)

Edited by Howler

Not properly ONLY when you need a 180 degree turn in your arc I should say, This would be understandably hard to spot as I have played over 100 PBEMs  and maybe needed the 180 arc turn 2 or 3 times in my playing life, It did however not functioning properly in my current CMFB PBEM  and I very well could have spotted that panther 1st and destroyed him.

On 1/6/2022 at 7:59 PM, weapon2010 said:

https://youtu.be/aoblJVDjGtM         working as intended in CMRT

https://youtu.be/n7P4xYh8bJk         not working in CMBN

You are missing something, as @Pelican Pal attempted to point out.....The tanks that don't turn their turrets all have AA MGs and are opened up, thus they could engage targets within that arc without turning their turrets.

What happens if you give them 2km Target Armour Arcs?

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

17 minutes ago, weapon2010 said:

So your ok with engaging enemy armor behind your tank with your AA gun? That does not make sense either. They don't rotate when you give them an "Armor Arc".

Your comment makes no sense.

I'm simply pointing out that the tanks in your demonstration that do not rotate their turrets can cover the arcs you have deployed without needing to turn their turrets as they have AA MGs.

Conversely the tanks that do turn their turrets would be unable to cover the arcs you have deployed without turning their turrets as they do not have AA MGs.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Looks like you are right.....Just tested a selection of CM:BN AFVs and they all steadfastly refuse to swing those turrets around 1800, no matter what type of arc I give them.  As noted I can progressively get the turret to swing around, but not in one go.

Very odd, maybe @IanL or @BFCElvis should take a look at this?

2 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Looks like you are right.

Thankyou , something Ill never hear from my wife

2 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

As noted I can progressively get the turret to swing around, but not in one go.

agreed , but in CMRT and CMCW  the arcs  work as normal and intended

Edited by weapon2010