At long last....

Sakai007

I had purchased most of the other titles on launch with two exceptions; CMFI and CMRT. After the launch of R2V i grabbed the full FI collection. However i waffled of CMRT, eastern front air battles are my happy place but the titanic ground struggle is almost overwhelming. Yesterday was my birthday so i decided it was finally time.....i am installing CMRT plus F&R as i type. 

1 hour ago, BornGinger said:

What is the difference with the base game and F&R which prevents some mods to work properly? I suppose it isn't the deep snow and freezing cold in F&R which is causing the problems.

Well the original SS mods actually changed normal Heer troops in RT... so they needed to be renamed to work on the newly available SS troops. I

Aris's vehicles came with a load of decal options which, unfortunately, have to be "pruned" or else they will interfere with the snow & whitewash textures (this was an issue noted by @kohlenklau when he first made a [snow] tag for RT*).

For terrain, I've gone with @SeinfeldRules various seasonal terrains but they too needed tweaking (conflicts with ramblers tree mods & Xtall Yellow grass doodads took me awhile to figure out).

It also too me awhile to figure out how to activate different sounds, backgrounds ( @umlaut's ruined cityscape) & terrain for fighting in Berlin.

*I've also changed all those Winter mod scenarios to an appropriate time of year.

41 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Well the original SS mods actually changed normal Heer troops in RT... so they needed to be renamed to work on the newly available SS troops. I

Aris's vehicles came with a load of decal options which, unfortunately, have to be "pruned" or else they will interfere with the snow & whitewash textures (this was an issue noted by @kohlenklau when he first made a [snow] tag for RT*).

For terrain, I've gone with @SeinfeldRules various seasonal terrains but they too needed tweaking (conflicts with ramblers tree mods & Xtall Yellow grass doodads took me awhile to figure out).

It also too me awhile to figure out how to activate different sounds, backgrounds ( @umlaut's ruined cityscape) & terrain for fighting in Berlin.

*I've also changed all those Winter mod scenarios to an appropriate time of year.

This all sounds like it could save others a mass of frustration ... 37mm's F&RT Mega Mod Pack ... I can hear the grateful thank yous already ... 😉

16 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

This all sounds like it could save others a mass of frustration ... 37mm's F&RT Mega Mod Pack ... I can hear the grateful thank yous already ... 😉

One of my ongoing side projects (aimed at the new influx of Steam Players) is to host an 'All in One' for every CM game here... I suspect my initial CMRT pack will be "ready" in a few days.

Edited by 37mm

5 hours ago, 37mm said:

Well the original SS mods actually changed normal Heer troops... so they needed to be renamed to work on the newly available SS troops... Aris's vehicles... have to be "pruned" or else... For terrain... It also took me a while to figure out how to activate different sounds [and] backgrounds...

Seems to be a lot of work. Maybe upload it all when you're finished to save other people from having to do it themselves?