Cold War Screenshots

dbsapp

38 minutes ago, Bufo said:

Usual forum advice: "Never send a platoon where a squad hasn't been, never send a squad where a- section hasn't been, never send a setion where a single guy hasn't been."

Me: "Yeah yeah."

CM-Cold-War-2021-06-13-14-04-55.png

I sent them all, one by one. And they all died, horribly.

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

I guess this is different from CMRT, where you play (moreof) as breakthrough units as opposed to CMCW where you are the front line

At some point of this campaign I understood that this is a roleplaying game and I assumed the role of a cleaner. My assignment is to clean the dirty forest, meter by meter, and to do it in limited time. 

And I forgot to mention that by mistake I'm playing March or die variant. 

33 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

This house definitely posed an airborne threat.

That's right - the second floor is off the ground ... well, was, until the building collapsed 🤣

I just love how most of the rounds go thought the building. If positioned well, in a built up setting a Shilka burst ends up hitting 2-3 buildings at once.

Edited by Roter Stern

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dbsapp said:

Another good quality and rather lively mission is (I hope I can type it down right - "Mittelaschenbach sudden awakening"). 

827549082_SuddenAwakeEnd.thumb.png.ed593f6587f16b9b18e665bf8831cb06.png1310846425_HunterandthePrey.thumb.jpg.f706b7a183a6e51d559c20ad382bfc38.jpgRPG2.thumb.jpg.dd1ab67cb930ef6cb8736720386916bd.jpg1461623758_passtheenemy.thumb.jpg.2927401c9ef8f8aa58823d069cb03b33.jpg1114459863_runtothehills.thumb.jpg.3908f6f1e77529692365ac3a2b60dd1a.jpg759225272_Properattack.thumb.jpg.3ecac12768cea1addda4fbc271197b4f.jpg

Nice screenshots.

Was that a H2H game or against the AI? The scenario looks interesting so I'm curious if it is balanced for H2H.

Edit: Same question goes for "The Grieshof Meet and Greet" above - may I guess you're playing the AI?

Edited by G. Smiley

6 hours ago, G. Smiley said:

Nice screenshots.

Was that a H2H game or against the AI? The scenario looks interesting so I'm curious if it is balanced for H2H.

Edit: Same question goes for "The Grieshof Meet and Greet" above - may I guess you're playing the AI?

Yes, it was H vs AI game. 

Never played H2H, so really don't know if it's balanced for it or not. I would bet not, 'cause it's pretty big and assymetric.

19 hours ago, dbsapp said:

Yes, it was H vs AI game. 

Never played H2H, so really don't know if it's balanced for it or not. I would bet not, 'cause it's pretty big and assymetric.

Grieshof is pretty big for a H2H game, its a broad front map. But the force and unit types are comparable in number. The asymmetric factors could balance out. US weaponry is a little better, Soviets have a slight advantage for deployment position.

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2021 at 9:32 AM, Roter Stern said:

That's right - the second floor is off the ground ... well, was, until the building collapsed 🤣

I just love how most of the rounds go thought the building. If positioned well, in a built up setting a Shilka burst ends up hitting 2-3 buildings at once.

Haha!  Love it!

Speaking of rounds going through things...  At Marborn, I think it was my 6th battle of the US campaign.  I had one of my M60A3s take a shot at about 1800m at a Soviet tank that turned out to be a T-80.  I hit the tank and lo and behold, a second column of smoke appeared behind it.  Zooming in on the destroyed tank I could see where the round went through the side hull of the tank and come out the other side, hitting a second T-80 behind it and killing that two.  I couldn't even identify the vehicle behind at first because it was unspotted, only that second column of smoke let me know that round did extra duty.

Two birds stoned at once and all that. :))

Edited by Phantom Captain

2 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

Haha!  Love it!

Speaking of rounds going through things...  At Marborn, I think it was my 6th battle of the US campaign.  I had one of my M60A3s take a shot at about 1800m at a Soviet tank that turned out to be a T-80.  I hit the tank and lo and behold, a second column of smoke appeared behind it.  Zooming in on the destroyed tank I could see where the round went through the side hull of the tank and come out the other side, hitting a BTR behind it and killing that two.  

Two birds stoned at once and all that. :))

I had a game where 3 of my BTRs were pierced by one diagonal shot from M60.