Berlin CMRT Map

5 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Yep, don´t get distracted (too much) ATM. 😎 I just keep doing my loud thinking sort of if I find or found something that might be for good, future use.

12 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Always distracted - but it's all good.

Just place any the indi builds in 2D editor so you can see what height they are actually.

Yes will have to make a showroom scenario for all buildings (or should that be show home estate?)

Didn´t even know until yesterday that we have this factory w chimneys in RT-FR. 🤪

And I knew precisely when you posted it on here!

One caveat likely will be that it´s then almost all scenario/map maker assets and not usable in QB or missions/maps made earlier. But I just keep seeing benefits.

I don't mind this. QBs are great for a bit of fun, but IMHO prepared scenarios offer much better experience.

Another thanks to @sbobovyc and @Aquila-SmartWargames (and those I miss mentioning) for making this possible. 😎

Second that 👍

6 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Can only make my guess about that. Beeing in fortification category and purchasable it got to be be a playable unit type category and so it was an obvious choice not making it a neutral terrain object instead..I guess. But that´s a very limiting approach, entirely neglecting that forts in fact can change ownership repeatedly. Also terrain objects do not apply to FOW and there´s likely no data or programming concepts that could change that easily. But I´m not a programmer. So likely all easier said than done.

I guess the ideal would be to have both types, let the scenario designer or players decide how fortifications should appear and be used. As you say, easier said ...

I´ll try doing some testing. Now that I know how to get these exported successfully some new info should pop up soon.

Guess to allow for some variety for when there´s lots of the 45 degree diagonal roads on a map. Some are just variations while some others seem unique. Though diagonal indi builds are somewhat tricky, game play wise (ptroopers path finding and placement/LOS/LOF). Also they got to fit into the 8x8m AS concept. We know one can place any builds at an offset (half slicing a neighboring AS) as well. All might play a role in here.

Similarly, extra editor choices ...

But who´s the time for all this ATM? lol 😅🤪

So would be cool if we could draw more wannabe Blender artist into all of this. 😎 Required info is on the table and keeps beeing maintained, here and at other forum places.

Hah, we just plough on ...

Yeah, getting over the initial shock of Blender is part of the battle if one has never used 3D apps before. None of us is expert so sharing knowledge and ideas on here is essential.

Just noticed I used wrong terms. It´s actually 2 colors (plain black or white) or 256 grey scale tones needed. 🙄

Yep, Blender scripts are imperfect. As said wanted to bring that to sbobovyc´s attention, just when he vanished and got busy elsewhere. But material name (not texture name) is key and that is what got stored in MDR files. One can work around this, but still got to dig some more into Blender 2.79 peculiarities for better understanding. That for more precise preparation so exports will always be successful.

Yes there does at least seem to be a pattern with what needs to be done with most models to get them out of Blender and into the game. I'm going to look at the models I already have working to I can check that the metadata copy/paste thing is applied. I know there were some where metadata export just refused to work.

Edited by Lucky_Strike

8 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Great you got it working Rob! 😎 If you like do some related commenting on it feel free to post in thread below. There´s also bits of background info to be found.

I´d a look and it does not. In case you haven´t yet, you can copy over your newly created dragon teeth CMBN mod folder over to CMFB (and the other WW2 titles) data/z as well. Have fun and thanks! 😎

interesting reading the older thread and seeing how the map developed.   i really like the sunken trenches a lot better than the stock game, tho i do understand the f.o.w. problems.    gorgeous map and setup, the dragon's teeth just complete it.

cheers,

rob

5 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

interesting reading the older thread and seeing how the map developed.   i really like the sunken trenches a lot better than the stock game, tho i do understand the f.o.w. problems.    gorgeous map and setup, the dragon's teeth just complete it.

cheers,

rob

Thanks Rob. It was quite an interesting build up process, trying numerous things on a limited size map and force. Think most of them haven´t even been discovered yet. 😅 Btw... did you try a playtrough yet? 😎 cheers

6 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I don't mind this. QBs are great for a bit of fun, but IMHO prepared scenarios offer much better experience.

7 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I guess the ideal would be to have both types, let the scenario designer or players decide how fortifications should appear and be used. As you say, easier said ...

Yep, although one can surely enjoy total freedom of choices at times. Main weakness of QB is their rather generic and inflexible AIP setup and scripting. A scenario designer can do much better all the times.

Re tweaked shelters and trenches I could imagine a QB map beeing better prepared for them. Means offering a good amount of ditch locked terrain tiles at reasonable places. Not all got to be used and the suspicious looking AS´s can add to FOW if many are just fake positions. Keep the opponent guessing. You can rarely buy enough Arty to hammer them all.

Hah, we just plough on ...

Yeah, getting over the initial shock of Blender is part of the battle if one has never used 3D apps before. None of us is expert so sharing knowledge and ideas on here is essential.

Re Blender I just know enough to import, edit few selected things and then export for CM again. Beside that I´m still a noob. Anyone can catch up in little time. Key is sharing knowledge and not cooking its own fire in secret chambers.

Yes there does at least seem to be a pattern with what needs to be done with most models to get them out of Blender and into the game. I'm going to look at the models I already have working to I can check that the metadata copy/paste thing is applied. I know there were some where metadata export just refused to work.

Yeah, let us know please. 😎 Would be cool if we could figure out a Blender procedure that enables us dealing with the mentioned material/texture issues in least of time. That would save us the time better spent for more in game testing of our lil edits.

4 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

and not cooking its own fire in secret chambers.

LOL dude sounds like Harry Potter! 🪄 🧙‍♂️

But yes we gotta get some of this stuff nailed down ...

4 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Yeah, let us know please. 😎 Would be cool if we could figure out a Blender procedure that enables us dealing with the mentioned material/texture issues in least of time. That would save us the time better spent for more in game testing of our lil edits.

Just today working on one of my trees and nearly threw a chair at my monitor 🤬 damn UV maps and weird material behaviour. No export cos of a none type error, blo*dy talk sensibly you boll*cking stupid app, who writes this sh*t, what the hell. I hate, hate, hate cryptic error messages.

So it turned out that there was an unnamed material slot which must have come in with the model appended to the mdr - a model that previously worked I might add. The material wasn't assigned to anything, how could it be it was unnamed, it was just a blank space in a list, looking like all the other blank spaces, orphaned, not attached to anything except a UV map apparently. And enough to throw an error.

Deleted the blank material and half the UV map disappears with it. Can't replace the material cos doing that makes half the UV map stuff go blank ... great, thanks. Bite the bullet, replace the material and redo half the UV map. Thankfully only some minor branches are messed up, mostly doesn't matter too much. But damned if I know why I can't replace materials without some major c*ckup happening. There seems to be no way to preserve a UV map independent of the material. Easy enough to swap textures around, but not the material. Don't try this at home kids!

I'm actually wondering if doing all the work in a later Blender version might be a better approach. Having tried working with nodes a few time now I found it quite straightforward, we don't have very complex models, most are pretty similar, so the process is always mostly the same. With nodes one sets them up then, once finished, the model can be exported with textures baked in and then imported into the host mdr where it's joined with the host objects. The few times I've used it seemed quite painless. Will have to investigate further when time allows.

Edited by Lucky_Strike

9 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Just today working on one of my trees and nearly threw a chair at my monitor 🤬 damn UV maps and weird material behaviour. No export cos of a none type error, blo*dy talk sensibly you boll*cking stupid app, who writes this sh*t, what the hell. I hate, hate, hate cryptic error messages.

😐🤕

So it turned out that there was an unnamed material slot which must have come in with the model appended to the mdr - a model that previously worked I might add. The material wasn't assigned to anything, how could it be it was unnamed, it was just a blank space in a list, looking like all the other blank spaces, orphaned, not attached to anything except a UV map apparently. And enough to throw an error.

Deleted the blank material and half the UV map disappears with it. Can't replace the material cos doing that makes half the UV map stuff go blank ... great, thanks. Bite the bullet, replace the material and redo half the UV map. Thankfully only some minor branches are messed up, mostly doesn't matter too much. But damned if I know why I can't replace materials without some major c*ckup happening. There seems to be no way to preserve a UV map independent of the material. Easy enough to swap textures around, but not the material. Don't try this at home kids!

Oh yes.... had my 🤮 moments with this as well. So for now I remain with the more simple stuff and approach in single small steps til we got a solution for these annoyances. Haven´t even dealt with the UV stuff yet. 😱🤪 ...

But how about renaming and assigning materials so that they´re all unique and not affecting multiple ones? Or is it that you can´t get to work, no matter what? Unless material names are hard coded to a certain property, their names could likely be changed as it´s just these that got stored in a MDR. Can´t recall that I´d seen an actual texture file name reference in there. Seems all material names. 🤔 

I'm actually wondering if doing all the work in a later Blender version might be a better approach. Having tried working with nodes a few time now I found it quite straightforward, we don't have very complex models, most are pretty similar, so the process is always mostly the same. With nodes one sets them up then, once finished, the model can be exported with textures baked in and then imported into the host mdr where it's joined with the host objects. The few times I've used it seemed quite painless. Will have to investigate further when time allows.

There´s quite a leap between 2.79 and 3.2+ feature wise so it might be a possibility to do many things in better ways. Does it port back well to 2.79 then? Or use intermediate file formats? Worth a try before..... 🤯🤢 ...again.

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Oh yes.... had my 🤮 moments with this as well. So for now I remain with the more simple stuff and approach in single small steps til we got a solution for these annoyances. Haven´t even dealt with the UV stuff yet. 😱🤪 ...

UV mapping is the worst kind of madness, it's just nonsensical sometimes. Especially thanks to the disparity between the way Blender renders the texture (looks absolutely fine) with how the game engine renders the same (WTF!!!).

But how about renaming and assigning materials so that they´re all unique and not affecting multiple ones? Or is it that you can´t get to work, no matter what? Unless material names are hard coded to a certain property, their names could likely be changed as it´s just these that got stored in a MDR. Can´t recall that I´d seen an actual texture file name reference in there. Seems all material names. 🤔

I really don't know what's going on with the materials sometimes. Everything looks fine when the model is ready to export, all objects and meshes are assigned their material with associated textures, then at export it just refuses to work. Close examination of the materials list reveals an unnamed material - the only way I've spotted these is when they appear in the list of materials as a blank slot ABOVE named materials. Where they come from - I have no idea.

I've tried renaming but sadly the damage is already done by the time they appear. Big problem with trees is that there are hundreds of leaf and branch meshes, and it's somehow possible for these materials to latch onto some of those. At least with leaves it's easier to replace the material as they are very simple meshes and the UV map is a simple shape. The branches however are relatively complex structures with UV maps that beautifully display the disparity between Blender and game rendering, which is why when it goes wrong it's every destructive.

I suspect that most, possibly all material names themselves are not that important to the game, I have used custom names often enough, along with custom texture names, to no ill effect. So long as everything is named correctly and the dots are joined correctly everything is fine. The mesh names, though, do seem much more important in certain cases. Top level and secondary level object/mesh naming seems critical, but once meshes are parented to these then naming seems less important - it's likely that the game has a database lookup going on that instructs the engine what to do with certain meshes and objects. For example with tree models if secondary level leaves aren't named correctly they won't sway with windy conditions, they still appear but are static.

My latest problem occurred when I remade a tall pine, the same model you recently tested. I took the working model and appended it to an original game tall pine tree type E mdr. I then edited the meshes and joined/parented them with the original mdr objects, as I've done previously. Everything looked good but export failed. My suspicion is down to how I appended my working model. I appended the Scene and in doing this I most likely included the unnamed material. But what is so annoying is that it worked in the appended model, and there's no way of seeing the blo*dy thing until it's too late. Rebuilt the whole thing a second time and it happened again, so I need to look at this process to find a better solution. Couple this with the destruction of the UV maps thanks to the necessity of having to replace the unnamed, unused material, and one can understand the frustration. Ultimately this may not even be a game engine issue but rather an issue with the export script which we know is incomplete.

It again beggars the question though, why don't BF want to help us with some of this?There's nothing secret about these models; we're not trying to hack the app/exe, in fact we know we can't; we're not trying to put them out of business, nor steal anything. We gain pleasure from the games and our modding, and just want to make the games better which can only, ultimately, benefit BF. My suspicion is that this is just not on their radar at all, one is apparently in a jar whilst the other is far too busy to read more than one thread on their forum. Sour grapes, me, YES!

3 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

There´s quite a leap between 2.79 and 3.2+ feature wise so it might be a possibility to do many things in better ways. Does it port back well to 2.79 then? Or use intermediate file formats? Worth a try before..... 🤯🤢 ...again.

The difference is absolute. The whole working paradigm is nothing like what we currently use, BUT it's actually very easy to port backwards by exporting the model complete with textures to fbx format then reimporting that to a fresh original mdr. The model comes in complete with textures, nothing missing, intact UV maps and all the gubbins necessary to then finish the model and export to final mdr. The process of importing the fbx is what we would do anyway for many third party models, only we have more control over texture use (bmps not png nor JPEG's nor anything else exotic), naming and UV mapping. All that we need to do can be achieved in version 3 whilst it seems that the modern GUI with nodes approach is more logical and easier to understand once one gets over the shock of the new.

8 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

UV mapping is the worst kind of madness, it's just nonsensical sometimes. Especially thanks to the disparity between the way Blender renders the texture (looks absolutely fine) with how the game engine renders the same (WTF!!!).

oh...then I´m very much looking forward on starting this.....not so soon. 🤪

I really don't know what's going on with the materials sometimes. Everything looks fine when the model is ready to export, all objects and meshes are assigned their material with associated textures, then at export it just refuses to work. Close examination of the materials list reveals an unnamed material - the only way I've spotted these is when they appear in the list of materials as a blank slot ABOVE named materials. Where they come from - I have no idea.

I've tried renaming but sadly the damage is already done by the time they appear. Big problem with trees is that there are hundreds of leaf and branch meshes, and it's somehow possible for these materials to latch onto some of those. At least with leaves it's easier to replace the material as they are very simple meshes and the UV map is a simple shape. The branches however are relatively complex structures with UV maps that beautifully display the disparity between Blender and game rendering, which is why when it goes wrong it's every destructive.

I suspect that most, possibly all material names themselves are not that important to the game, I have used custom names often enough, along with custom texture names, to no ill effect. So long as everything is named correctly and the dots are joined correctly everything is fine. The mesh names, though, do seem much more important in certain cases. Top level and secondary level object/mesh naming seems critical, but once meshes are parented to these then naming seems less important - it's likely that the game has a database lookup going on that instructs the engine what to do with certain meshes and objects. For example with tree models if secondary level leaves aren't named correctly they won't sway with windy conditions, they still appear but are static.

My latest problem occurred when I remade a tall pine, the same model you recently tested. I took the working model and appended it to an original game tall pine tree type E mdr. I then edited the meshes and joined/parented them with the original mdr objects, as I've done previously. Everything looked good but export failed. My suspicion is down to how I appended my working model. I appended the Scene and in doing this I most likely included the unnamed material. But what is so annoying is that it worked in the appended model, and there's no way of seeing the blo*dy thing until it's too late. Rebuilt the whole thing a second time and it happened again, so I need to look at this process to find a better solution. Couple this with the destruction of the UV maps thanks to the necessity of having to replace the unnamed, unused material, and one can understand the frustration. Ultimately this may not even be a game engine issue but rather an issue with the export script which we know is incomplete.

thanks for all the detail info Mark! Most of it confirms on my own basic assumptions although I lack the experience to make my mind on it all. But I feel the pain... somehow. Also seems you selected one the most tricky and challenging game objects as well. 😱 Though I´ve deep respect for your tenacity tackling all this. 🤘

It again beggars the question though, why don't BF want to help us with some of this?There's nothing secret about these models; we're not trying to hack the app/exe, in fact we know we can't; we're not trying to put them out of business, nor steal anything. We gain pleasure from the games and our modding, and just want to make the games better which can only, ultimately, benefit BF. My suspicion is that this is just not on their radar at all, one is apparently in a jar whilst the other is far too busy to read more than one thread on their forum. Sour grapes, me, YES!

They´re surely aware and I guess there´s a certain type of policy behind that. Maybe direct asking via PM? IDK...

The difference is absolute. The whole working paradigm is nothing like what we currently use, BUT it's actually very easy to port backwards by exporting the model complete with textures to fbx format then reimporting that to a fresh original mdr. The model comes in complete with textures, nothing missing, intact UV maps and all the gubbins necessary to then finish the model and export to final mdr. The process of importing the fbx is what we would do anyway for many third party models, only we have more control over texture use (bmps not png nor JPEG's nor anything else exotic), naming and UV mapping. All that we need to do can be achieved in version 3 whilst it seems that the modern GUI with nodes approach is more logical and easier to understand once one gets over the shock of the new.

that sounds promising, although ATM I´m just understanding half of what you say. 😅 So that´s the top league we´re (or part of us) aiming for then. For now I´remain with getting more simple things done in 2.79 and try figuring out more of MDR data. Guess that´s the best I could help with ATM. 🤔

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

oh...then I´m very much looking forward on starting this.....not so soon. 🤪

LOL, cometh the day ...

thanks for all the detail info Mark! Most of it confirms on my own basic assumptions although I lack the experience to make my mind on it all. But I feel the pain... somehow. Also seems you selected one the most tricky and challenging game objects as well. 😱 Though I´ve deep respect for your tenacity tackling all this. 🤘

Thought I had them cracked ... never mind, we'll learn something from it. I actually think vehicles are way tougher, getting them moving properly is a real black art.

They´re surely aware and I guess there´s a certain type of policy behind that. Maybe direct asking via PM? IDK...

Yeah, so hard to gauge when there's just nothing. PM might at least elicit an official yay or nay.

OMG just got a news flash, Trump is gonna run for President again. And I thought things were bad here ... gawd save us all.

Normal service is resumed ...

that sounds promising, although ATM I´m just understanding half of what you say. 😅 So that´s the top league we´re (or part of us) aiming for then. For now I´remain with getting more simple things done in 2.79 and try figuring out more of MDR data. Guess that´s the best I could help with ATM. 🤔

Yeah I'm fairly optimistic that we could come up with an useable workflow that might improve the reliability of our models especially with regards to materials and UV mapping. Only one way to know for sure ...

Re Metadata: whilst I've been doing trees I noticed that there are certainly values that look like they represent heights and there are two quite close numbers for each leaf object which might be the two surfaces or two vertices on the mesh.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:49 AM, Artkin said:

Flavor objects do indeed provide cover.

I found this out in 5 seconds in cmbs. I placed 100-200 concrete barriers down and my troops crouched behind them, and also had a ridiculous kill/death ratio when shooting at troops in the open

Sooo.... found some time for checking concrete barriers in BS Demo (mission #3 has them in a village in middle of the map). Got to play the russkies and there were few inf teams just nearby. I ordered them to position behind the barriers and do some shoot at each other. (target area right in front of the barriers was enough for testing) I´ve seen no indications that they can stop smallarms bullets or protect vs. rifle grenades (AK74M GP30) and other small HE ordnance.  I followed tracers and splashes and everything went right through them. Unlike i.e trees or buildings there´s neither visual nor sonical indications like little brownish/whitish smoke puffs and hit/penetrate sounds. I´ve a special test sound set for indicating smallarms bullet penetrations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vc8kfjjak25dcyt/Bullet Penetrate building Test Package.rar?dl=0

That friendlies can´t hurt themselves by means of smallarms fire was of no concern for the test.

But they (concrete barriers) are LOS obstacles and surely block TacAI movements right trough them (not tested). Similar to what i.e large fountain flavor objects do in BS and other games (tested). I´ll port them to my WW2 titles and make some additional testing though not expecting anything new from it.

Found some other goodies in BS Demo though. The flat roof mod builds might be of use in WW2 titles as well. Didn´t know there´s flat roof versions in BS. Nice. 😎

52 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Found some other goodies in BS Demo though. The flat roof mod builds might be of use in WW2 titles as well. Didn´t know there´s flat roof versions in BS. Nice. 😎

That'll be good bud... Cheers :)

The Barrier is just a sound file of a computer noise???? Cheers

OMG just got a news flash, Trump is gonna run for President again. And I thought things were bad here ... gawd save us all.

lol.... wasn´t it to be expected? 😅 Though I´d rather put my bets on him going into prison than into white house again. 😈😬 There´s still lots that can happen next 2 coming years.

Yeah I'm fairly optimistic that we could come up with an useable workflow that might improve the reliability of our models especially with regards to materials and UV mapping. Only one way to know for sure ...

Re Metadata: whilst I've been doing trees I noticed that there are certainly values that look like they represent heights and there are two quite close numbers for each leaf object which might be the two surfaces or two vertices on the mesh.

Yep, there´s lots of META that can be easily related to an objects geometry and planes in 3D space. Re leaf objects some may indicate things like candidates valid for removal from tree bursts and such. Or if they can move with the wind if there´s any.

5 minutes ago, NPye said:

That'll be good bud... Cheers :)

The Barrier is just a sound file of a computer noise???? Cheers

What? 🤔 You´ll hear "bleep" sounds (my replacement files) when bullets do penetrate building walls and such. Thus for testing what single bullets actually do when hitting a building. For testing purposes I also deactive tracers since they rather confuse than help determining what´s going on there. Cheers 😎

33 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

What? 🤔 You´ll hear "bleep" sounds (my replacement files) when bullets do penetrate building walls and such. Thus for testing what single bullets actually do when hitting a building. For testing purposes I also deactive tracers since they rather confuse than help determining what´s going on there. Cheers 😎

LOL sorry bud, I didn't quite get what you were doing, cheers 

lol.... wasn´t it to be expected? 😅 Though I´d rather put my bets on him going into prison than into white house again. 😈😬 There´s still lots that can happen next 2 coming years.

Was hoping after the US midterms that he might just think twice about it, but of course his ego got the better of him. Trouble is crazy things can happen even when everything says it's just wrong - look at us in the UK with Brexit, who introduces sanctions on their own economy and trade? The only country in the history of the world to do that!

3 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Yep, there´s lots of META that can be easily related to an objects geometry and planes in 3D space. Re leaf objects some may indicate things like candidates valid for removal from tree bursts and such. Or if they can move with the wind if there´s any.

There's a mass of meta for trees. Each leaf branch has its own set, independent from the overall tree metadata. However I don't think wind 🍃 is determined directly by metadata since all leaf branches move when it's windy. What seems to determine it is the leaf parent name and the geometry. Any deviance from the mesh shape can stop movement, though not scale nor material. No doubt that the meta will contain the geometry also, so changing that will likely influence the ability to move as well, but the determining factor is hard coded somewhere.

Was hoping after the US midterms that he might just think twice about it, but of course his ego got the better of him. Trouble is crazy things can happen even when everything says it's just wrong - look at us in the UK with Brexit, who introduces sanctions on their own economy and trade? The only country in the history of the world to do that!

Just like Putin, if once crossed a certain line they can never get back to something sane and rational. They pull it through until either 💀 or in Gulag. Sad but true.

Well, Brexit and UK´s Trump which is Boris Johnson is another sad story IMO related to Putin´s year long activities. We´ll likely never know for sure. But as can be seen, (good) times for these kind of guys is coming to an end. Latest example... Brazil´s Bolsonaro. Just let´s hope that Erdogan, Orban and the mullahs follow very soon.

There's a mass of meta for trees. Each leaf branch has its own set, independent from the overall tree metadata. However I don't think wind 🍃 is determined directly by metadata since all leaf branches move when it's windy. What seems to determine it is the leaf parent name and the geometry. Any deviance from the mesh shape can stop movement, though not scale nor material. No doubt that the meta will contain the geometry also, so changing that will likely influence the ability to move as well, but the determining factor is hard coded somewhere.

Oh yes and it´s hundreds of them! 😱 Think I´ll never touch them and leave it to those with patience I don´t have usually. 😅 Yep, likely most is hardcoded and game engine uses Meta when and how to use its misterious content.

36 minutes ago, Falaise said:

What excitement on this forum
I was a little busy ...
I'm coming back and what fireworks

I was already admiring @NPye's work on Stalingrad, but the Berlin modis insane.
@Lucky_Strike is at full speed, I think his eyes are better
@RockinHarry is back full of idea
@JM Stuffon all fronts (your Japanese helmet is great)
good job guys

Stephane @Falaise , where have you been ? welcome back, appreciated your comment, yes with the other trio they were and are aready making lot of news, benefic to a better future from CM, I hope that BFC will take some conclusions and make their found more easy to added officialy some of what they found.

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

3 hours ago, Falaise said:

What excitement on this forum
I was a little busy ...
I'm coming back and what fireworks

I was already admiring @NPye's work on Stalingrad, but the Berlin modis insane.
@Lucky_Strike is at full speed, I think his eyes are better
@RockinHarry is back full of idea
@JM Stuffon all fronts (your Japanese helmet is great)
good job guys

Hey long time no see! 🙂 Yeah lots of going on in the forum. CMRT battle pack, Berlin, The Pacific and Barbarossa for the big stuff and a couple general purpose things that can be used in any the games basically. 😎

21 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Just like Putin, if once crossed a certain line they can never get back to something sane and rational. They pull it through until either 💀 or in Gulag. Sad but true.

Well, Brexit and UK´s Trump which is Boris Johnson is another sad story IMO related to Putin´s year long activities. We´ll likely never know for sure. But as can be seen, (good) times for these kind of guys is coming to an end. Latest example... Brazil´s Bolsonaro. Just let´s hope that Erdogan, Orban and the mullahs follow very soon.

It's the curse of humanity to keep producing a never ending stream of absolute tossers who somehow seem to persuade enough people that they have something good to offer when in reality they are just snake oil salesmen ... we never learn.

Anyway let's hope this latest rash of the world's biggest wankers is nearly done so that we can all get some peace for a while.

21 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Oh yes and it´s hundreds of them! 😱 Think I´ll never touch them and leave it to those with patience I don´t have usually. 😅 Yep, likely most is hardcoded and game engine uses Meta when and how to use its misterious content.

Yes save your sanity for crunching that metadata!